Author Topic: Man Leaps to His Death in Shopping Mall After Girlfriend Insists on More Shopping  (Read 1149 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/12/09/Man-Leaps-to-His-Death-in-Shopping-Mall-After-Girlfriend-Insists-on-More-Shopping

Man Leaps to His Death in Shopping Mall After Girlfriend Insists on More Shopping
by Jon David Kahn 9 Dec 2013, 12:20 PM PDT

CHINA - a 38-year-old man leaped to his death after an argument with his girlfriend who insisted they continue shopping. CCTV captured Tao Hsiao and his girlfriend in a mall in Xuzhou, Jiangsu province, east China where they had reportedly been shopping for five hours or so before he hit his limit. 

Eyewitnesses said Hsiao could be heard telling his girlfriend that they already had more bags than they could carry, but she insisted on hitting one more store where there was a sale on shoes.

An eyewitness said: "He told her she already had enough shoes, more shoes that she could wear in a lifetime, and it was pointless buying any more. She started shouting at him, accusing him of being a skinflint, and of spoiling Christmas. It was a really heated argument."

The argument continued until Hsiao threw the bags on the floor and himself over the balcony, dropping seven stories to his death and smashing Christmas decorations on the way down. He was killed on impact.

A spokesman for the mall said: "His body was removed fairly quickly. He actually landed on one of the stalls below and then fell to the floor so although the store was damaged it meant he didn't hit anybody.

"This is a tragic incident, but this time of year can be very stressful for many people."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I guess I better start taking Mike[hubby] seriously when he says * I'm gonna kill myself if you go into another store*...lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I can totally understand this.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

I can totally understand this.   :shrug:
Me too. I jokingly call it "mall anxiety," but it's really just a dislike of shopping.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
When we had our business and sold to the public every day, the last thing on earth I wanted to do was SHOP when I wasn't working - which wasn't very often.  Christmas shopping was a dreaded experience.  I HATE going to the mall!  I love shopping in quaint little shops in quaint little towns - but I could see me throwing myself over a rail to my death if I was forced to do it for hours in a crowded mall with plastic Christmas decorations everywhere. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline raml

I understand the poor man too. I hate shopping and was lucky to have had a husband who liked to shop so I let him do it. When it came to furniture he would do all the looking and get it down to 3 couches or whatever we were purchasing and he then would take me to see all of them then he asked me to pick one of them. He knew if he didn't make it clear I had to see all 3 I would just pick the first one that is how much I hated to shop. I now do all my shopping online so it is much easier to do. I don't think I would ever jump to  my death over shopping but I just may have pushed the insistent person making me shop but not to her death just out of my way so I could leave. That poor man must have been awfully henpecked or at least felt he was.

Offline collins

Okay, I think shopping sucks and that shopping for shoes with a woman is beyond dreadful, but this is a big overreaction here.

Online mountaineer

Okay, I think shopping sucks and that shopping for shoes with a woman is beyond dreadful, but this is a big overreaction here.
Yes, it's quite clear poor Tao Hsiao had a few more issues than the shoes.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Then you've obviously never been shopping with my friend Charlene.    :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Me too. I jokingly call it "mall anxiety," but it's really just a dislike of shopping.

I HATE shopping.

It's Amazon for me!

(And my husband loves me even more for this quality.  ^-^ )
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

And Drugstore.com.  (I've even bought paper towels etc from this site-- I DO hate shopping that much).

Offline musiclady

And Drugstore.com.  (I've even bought paper towels etc from this site-- I DO hate shopping that much).

Thanks for the tip, Lipstick!

Apparently a lot of non-stereotypical NON-shopping women on this forum.

No wonder I like it here!   :laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

You'll LOVE the site.  Make up, household items, pet food, etc etc.   I can't find Method soaps/cleansers anywhere (well, Loews has some of them but not all), but Drugstore.com has them!

So much more peaceful than the Wally World experience.

Offline xfreeper

Not exactly what they had in mind with 'shop 'til you drop' but I guess a reasonable interpretation