Author Topic: Nelson Mandela funeral: George W. Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton to attend Mandela memorial  (Read 3590 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I sincerely  thank you for your service!

:beer: As do I thank you for yours!

We grunts got to stick together, or the brass will stick it to us!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
:beer: As do I thank you for yours!

We grunts got to stick together, or the brass will stick it to us!

You bloody well betcha!!!!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
A slightly different opinion of Mandela here:  http://www.wnd.com/2013/12/dont-mourn-for-mandela/

That is a very good article and I agree with every word in it.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Count me as one who doesn't think that making an appearance at Mandela's funeral indicates support of all he has done.

He really is a mixed bag, and part of him does deserve our respect.

JMHO.

If it were simply appearing at the funeral service I might agree with you but it's not! It's MUCH more than that! It's about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

It's about rewriting history!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SouthTexas

If it were simply appearing at the funeral service I might agree with you but it's not! It's MUCH more than that! It's about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

Exactly.

Offline musiclady

I'm with you on that, Bigun. 

I was just talking about two former Presidents of the US attending his funeral.  I guess I look at that as normal protocol, and not necessarily symbolic of total support.

Not sayin' I'm always right, though.......................just most of the time.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I was just talking about two former Presidents of the US attending his funeral.  I guess I look at that as normal protocol, and not necessarily symbolic of total support.

Not sayin' I'm always right, though.......................just most of the time.  ^-^

I have no problem with the current and our former presidents attending the funeral but they should just shut up and go instead of joining in the praise-a-thon!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

Where were they when a truly great woman Margaret Thatcher died?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

Where were they when a truly great woman Margaret Thatcher died?

GW Bush thought the world of Margaret Thatcher, just like his Dad and Ronald Reagan.

My problem is with Obama, who hated her and probably celebrated her death.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline SouthTexas

Somehow they seem to have left this little tidbit out, I wonder why?

“In April 1986, Winnie Mandela publicly endorsed “neck lacing,” telling a Soweto mob, “With our necklaces we will liberate this country.” Mrs. Mandela was also implicated in January 1989 in the abduction of three young black men and a boy from a Methodist Church shelter. Mrs. Mandela’s bodyguards, known as the “Mandela United Football Club,” snatched them and took them to Mrs. Mandela’s home where they were beaten, whipped and subjected to other forms of torture. The object was to get them to say that the Methodist minister, who is white, had abused them sexually. Two of them did so but later recanted. A third escaped. The boy, 14-year-old Mokhetsi “Stempie” Seipei, did not give in and was beaten into unconsciousness. On January 7, 1989, his battered body was found in a field with his throat slit. Stempie was famous as an anti-apartheid activist, having been arrested for his activities when he was only 10.”

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Be fair, my friend.

Mandela was in prison. Winnie was one crazy a** B, trying to stay relevant and live the lifestyle she had become accustomed to. If you recall, the very first thing he did when he got out was divorce her.

Blaming him for her actions is like blaming you when your wife drops a plate in our home.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline SouthTexas

Be fair, my friend.

Mandela was in prison. Winnie was one crazy a** B, trying to stay relevant and live the lifestyle she had become accustomed to. If you recall, the very first thing he did when he got out was divorce her.

Blaming him for her actions is like blaming you when your wife drops a plate in our home.

Not so EC, it's the organization he represents/represented.

The practice became a common method of lynching among black South Africans during disturbances in South Africa in the 1980s and '90s. The first recorded instance took place in Uitenhage on 23 March 1985 when black African National Congress (ANC) supporters killed a black councillor who was accused of being a white collaborator