Author Topic: Student, 14, 'used tree branch to rape teacher in school bathroom before murdering her and leaving a note saying "I hate you all" next to her body'  (Read 7961 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I agree. Forgot to mention one of my earliest "chores" was doing the ironing. When I was older my parents let our housekeeper go and every Saturday I had to clean the house - with the exception of my sisters rooms.  My middle sister had to start dinner every night and I had to do the dishes.  When I finally got my drivers license I had to do the grocery shopping - I could use the car to go shopping, but was not allowed to take the car to school - had to take the school bus and even in my senior year I had to walk until I bought my own car from my part time jobs.    My parents were VERY strict if we did not bring home straight A's we went on restriction until the next report card.

Dishes every night - I washed, sis dried. Weeding and hand watering the garden - that wasn't a chore so much as a necessity, since it fed us. Keep my own room clean and vacuum the family room. Laundry once a week, when one of the hampers got full, and just pray it wasn't bed linen day. Put on dinner one week in three (depended on Mom's shifts). Haul and split wood for the heating. Maintain my own bicycle, though Mom and Dad would pay for any needed parts. Entertain my sister while Mom took a nap - I really got to hate Barbies. Feed the dog and take him for a walk - that was self preservation since if he had a number 2 in a field I didn't need clean it up! During the summer, I was excused chores if I was working for one of the local farmers.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Liberal_Spy

Minimum wage was NEVER designed to be a living wage to support a family and there was a time no one aspired to have a minimum wage job... if people don't want to live on a minimum wage then get an education - doesn't have to be college - the best paying jobs these days come from going to a trade school and YES you can get student loans for trade schools and have a six figure job waiting when you graduate.  Anyone wanting to get ahead in life can get ahead in life, it is called hard work...  life is not a free ride - though it seems too many people think it is.

Many people have no choice other than to support their families on minimum wage. Not everybody is cut out for college or trade school. Regardless of it not being meant to be a living wage to support a family, it very often is, and many people are just barely making ends meet even with government assistance. If you adjusted for inflation so the minimum wage was on par with what it was 4 or 5 decades ago it would be much higher than it is now. I'm sure students today would love to be able to work, support themselves and pay for college out of pocket, but the fact of the matter is that is no longer feasible for most people.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:47:15 pm by Anomalism »

Offline musiclady

What is really funny about this is they think they are sooooo smart and yet they fail to realize all pushing for a higher min wage does is cause higher cost of product, more automation and more unemployment and even fewer min wage jobs available....

You've put your finger on one of the big problems here.

Liberals THINK they're smart.  They think they're smarter than everyone else.

But they're actually the dimmest bulbs in the box, because all they do is talk and pretend it means something.

As you've said, higher minimum wage increases unemployment and causes prices of things people need to skyrocket.

And, as you've also said, it was NEVER intended to support a family.  It was intended to be a starting point for kids in their first jobs.

Leftists have destroyed the basic economy to the point where nothing works as it should.  And yet they keep vomiting the propaganda that more of the destruction is what we need.

Dopes.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rapunzel

Many people have no choice other than to support their families on minimum wage. Not everybody is cut out for college or trade school. Regardless of it not being meant to be a living wage to support a family, it very often is, and many people are just barely making ends meet even with government assistance. If you adjusted for inflation so the minimum wage was on part with what it was 4 or 5 decades ago it would be much higher than it is now. I'm sure students today would love to be able to work, support themselves and pay for college out of pocket, but the fact of the matter is that is no longer feasible for most people.

This is so much baloney....... and by the way you keep complaining about the cost of college - there is so many different ways to get your college degree these days and not all of them mean you have to attend Harvard, Yale or Princeton. There is also a lot of good jobs out there for anyone willing to learn.. what I see is people like you are so busy whining about the min wage you cannot see the forest for the freaking trees...

And for someone who claimed he was in the military I find this particularly interesting since this country had very generous GI student benefits.   I remember when you were here last time you said you didn't want to do a job that required manual labor to help pay for college - but you are more than willing to let the rest of us work hard and pay taxes to support someone elses son (you) through college so you can go brainwash a lot more unwashed brains in your bleeding heart liberal way of thinking.   Your entire generation would have died rather than do the hard work our ancestors went through building this country.. and those ancestors must be rolling over in their graves to watch how lazy the younger generations have become.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

But they're actually the dimmest bulbs in the box, because all they do is talk and pretend it means something.

As you've said, higher minimum wage increases unemployment and causes prices of things people need to skyrocket.

And, as you've also said, it was NEVER intended to support a family.  It was intended to be a starting point for kids in their first jobs.

Leftists have destroyed the basic economy to the point where nothing works as it should.  And yet they keep vomiting the propaganda that more of the destruction is what we need.

Dopes.

Because it is all about them...  we had friends when their kids turned 16 they got their drivers licenses and a new BMW - or one friend's daughter a new Hummer...   all their kids were driving upscale cars so they had to have them too.  I guess I'm missing something because how are these kids ever to appreciate being able to work hard at a job and "afford" to buy their own BMW or Hummer if they have just had it handed to them without having to work for it... it isn't about how much you can afford to buy your kids it is what you are not teaching them for their entire life by buying them everything just because you can.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

This is so much baloney....... and by the way you keep complaining about the cost of college - there is so many different ways to get your college degree these days and not all of them mean you have to attend Harvard, Yale or Princeton. There is also a lot of good jobs out there for anyone willing to learn.. what I see is people like you are so busy whining about the min wage you cannot see the forest for the freaking trees...

And for someone who claimed he was in the military I find this particularly interesting since this country had very generous GI student benefits.   I remember when you were here last time you said you didn't want to do a job that required manual labor to help pay for college - but you are more than willing to let the rest of us work hard and pay taxes to support someone elses son (you) through college so you can go brainwash a lot more unwashed brains in your bleeding heart liberal way of thinking.   Your entire generation would have died rather than do the hard work our ancestors went through building this country.. and those ancestors must be rolling over in their graves to watch how lazy the younger generations have become.

You don't have to go to Yale or Harvard to get stuck with 100 thousand dollars of debt. College is expensive no matter where you're going. All I've ever done in manual labor work. I spent years busting my ass in 100+ degree weather and extreme humidity doing everything from digging trenches and laying pipe to risking my life up on a roof placing shingles. What I said was I didn't want to go to a trade school and work on a construction site for the rest of my life. If you think I don't know what it means to do a hard days work, you are wrong. Oh, and just for the record I made a whopping 10 dollars an hour doing that work.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:58:45 pm by Anomalism »

Offline aligncare

Dopes.

Feminism change the structure of families so that children were left to fend for themselves while mom went into the workforce – which put downward pressure on wages. Before feminism a father could afford to support a family on his salary alone.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Because it is all about them...  we had friends when their kids turned 16 they got their drivers licenses and a new BMW - or one friend's daughter a new Hummer...   all their kids were driving upscale cars so they had to have them too.  I guess I'm missing something because how are these kids ever to appreciate being able to work hard at a job and "afford" to buy their own BMW or Hummer if they have just had it handed to them without having to work for it... it isn't about how much you can afford to buy your kids it is what you are not teaching them for their entire life by buying them everything just because you can.

You are only missing one thing.

My kids saved up for several years. I paid for their first round of driving lessons and their first test. When they passed (my son took 4 attempts - he paid for 3 himself) they wanted a car. We sat down, worked out what they could afford, including insurance, and I''d go with them to look at cars in their price range, to make sure they weren't getting ripped off. Everything else - road tax, MOT and insurance was their responsibility.

Spent way too many hours working on knackered cars in the rain!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:03:43 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

The military doesn't produce, nor allow laziness.  Our troops are some of the few in this younger generation who would make our ancestors proud.

That should be a good indicator of the truthfulness of our resident leftist troll.....

IMHO, it's best not to engage him personally in conversation because he's only here to deceive, divide, and destroy.

Again.........just my opinion............

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Rapunzel

You don't have to go to Yale or Harvard to get stuck with 100 thousand dollars of debt. College is expensive no matter where you're going. All I've ever done in manual labor work. I spent years busting my ass in 100+ degree weather and extreme humidity doing everything from digging trenches and laying pipe to risking my life up on a roof placing shingles. What I said was I didn't want to go to a trade school and work on a construction site for the rest of my life. If you think I don't know what it means to do a hard days work, you are wrong. Oh, and just for the record I made a whopping 10 dollars an hour doing that work.

The fact you think trade school means laying pipe and digging trenches shows just how uninformed you really are........

http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/14/smallbusiness/trade-schools/

Nine months in trade school. Job guaranteed.
By Parija Kavilanz @CNNMoney

As demand for high-skilled workers spikes, some manufacturing trade schools are smashing records and boasting 100% job placement for students.

With factories on a hiring spree, manufacturing students in trade schools, such as Alabama's Wallace State Community College are in high demand.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- As millions of young Americans struggle to land jobs, students in manufacturing trade schools are sitting in a sweet spot. They're being hired even before they graduate.

Two weeks ago, students from the manufacturing program in Chicago's Wilbur Wright-Humboldt Park vocational college attended a local job fair.

"Five of our students were hired in just one day," said lead instructor Bryant Redd. The new hires are from a class of 41 students who are still four months away from completing a nine-month advanced certification program in computerized numerical control (CNC) machining.

In the program, students go beyond basic machining with classes in computer design, machine shop technology and machine shop math.

Manufacturers in the Chicago area are busier than ever lately, and they're "begging" for more workers trained in advanced manufacturing skills like CNC machining, said Redd.

It's not just in Chicago. Factory work has picked up considerably nationwide, making skilled workers a valuable commodity, said Marc Smierciak, associate dean of instruction at the vocational college.
$100K manufacturing jobs

"Employers right now need workers with these high-precision skills. But the mismatch is that most of America's unemployed workforce doesn't possess these skills," Smierciak said.

So manufacturers are racing to trade schools like Wilbur Wright, one of only seven schools in Illinois that offer an accredited CNC course, and snapping up newly-minted factory workers as quickly as they can.

The demand for his graduates is so intense that last year's CNC graduating class scored a 100% job placement.

"It's a wonderful accomplishment for us," said Smierciak. It was the first time the school achieved perfect placement in the program's 15-year history. Smierciak expects this year's graduating class to meet with similar success.

To get into the program, students need a high school diploma or the equivalent and can go part-time or full-time.

The starting salary for the new hires averages about $40,000 a year, with the potential to jump to $55,000 to $65,000 in less than two years, he said.

As word spread about last year's record, the school is seeing a rush of new applications. "We usually enroll 20 students max per year," said Smierciak. "We are at overcapacity right now with 27 students in the day program and 14 in the night one."

Some of them are young high school graduates, while others are middle-aged displaced workers retraining themselves for in-demand skills.

Reynaldo Roman, 21, had been thinking about going to college to study electrical engineering when his friend told him about Wilbur Wright's CNC course.

"I did some research on salaries," he said. "After a four-year degree, I might be getting paid as much or less than I would as a certified CNC operator," he said.

As the primary income earner in his family, Roman weighed his options, applied to Wilbur Wright and won a full scholarship to cover the $5,800 CNC program.

"I'm soaking in as much as I can," he said. "I'm hopeful I'll land a job after I graduate."

Norma Trinidad, 50, lost her 23-year factory job after the company went belly up in 2010.

Once when she was at the local unemployment office, she saw a flier touting advanced manufacturing techniques. That got her thinking about updating her skills, particularly since she had done manual machining and knew that more manufacturers were looking for workers with higher-tech skills.

In the past year, Trinidad has acquired five certifications -- some just took a matter of weeks -- in new manufacturing techniques from another vocational school. Now, she's Roman's classmate at Wilbur Wright and on her way to earning three more certifications in high-precision skills.

Jimmy Hodges, dean of applied technologies with Wallace State Community College in Hanceville, Ala., is also seeing high job placement with his graduates.

The school's two-year accredited manufacturing program, costing between $8,000 and $10,000, includes machining, CNC and a course in tool and die making.

Hodges, a machinist himself, said Wallace is getting close to placing 100% of its students, too, driven by a pickup in auto and other manufacturing in the state.

He hopes these stats help change a persistent misconception about manufacturing. "Young people in the country think manufacturing is nasty and dirty," he said. "Not so. It's clean, high-tech, and the pay isn't bad."

Hodges' son graduated from Wallace's manufacturing program in 2005 and landed a $45,000 base pay job with an aerospace maker. "With overtime he's making much more," he said.

His daughter opted for a four-year degree in education from the University of Alabama.

Her starting salary as a 5th grade teacher is about $36,000, said Hodges, adding that she also has $45,000 in student loans.

"My daughter is an awesome teacher," he said. "But who do you think got the better deal?" To top of page

Offline musiclady

Feminism change the structure of families so that children were left to fend for themselves while mom went into the workforce – which put downward pressure on wages. Before feminism a father could afford to support a family on his salary alone.

That's an interesting theory.  Not sure I agree with it, however.

Liberal political feminism has been destructive, but true feminism......allowing women to achieve, develop their God given talents, participate in sports, make the same salaries as men who do the same exact job..........has not hurt, IMO, the family's economic situation.

I'll be interested in a further explanation of your position.

Liberal_Spy

The fact you think trade school means laying pipe and digging trenches shows just how uninformed you really are........

http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/14/smallbusiness/trade-schools/

Nine months in trade school. Job guaranteed.
By Parija Kavilanz @CNNMoney

As demand for high-skilled workers spikes, some manufacturing trade schools are smashing records and boasting 100% job placement for students.

With factories on a hiring spree, manufacturing students in trade schools, such as Alabama's Wallace State Community College are in high demand.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- As millions of young Americans struggle to land jobs, students in manufacturing trade schools are sitting in a sweet spot. They're being hired even before they graduate.

Two weeks ago, students from the manufacturing program in Chicago's Wilbur Wright-Humboldt Park vocational college attended a local job fair.

"Five of our students were hired in just one day," said lead instructor Bryant Redd. The new hires are from a class of 41 students who are still four months away from completing a nine-month advanced certification program in computerized numerical control (CNC) machining.

In the program, students go beyond basic machining with classes in computer design, machine shop technology and machine shop math.

Manufacturers in the Chicago area are busier than ever lately, and they're "begging" for more workers trained in advanced manufacturing skills like CNC machining, said Redd.

It's not just in Chicago. Factory work has picked up considerably nationwide, making skilled workers a valuable commodity, said Marc Smierciak, associate dean of instruction at the vocational college.
$100K manufacturing jobs

"Employers right now need workers with these high-precision skills. But the mismatch is that most of America's unemployed workforce doesn't possess these skills," Smierciak said.

So manufacturers are racing to trade schools like Wilbur Wright, one of only seven schools in Illinois that offer an accredited CNC course, and snapping up newly-minted factory workers as quickly as they can.

The demand for his graduates is so intense that last year's CNC graduating class scored a 100% job placement.

"It's a wonderful accomplishment for us," said Smierciak. It was the first time the school achieved perfect placement in the program's 15-year history. Smierciak expects this year's graduating class to meet with similar success.

To get into the program, students need a high school diploma or the equivalent and can go part-time or full-time.

The starting salary for the new hires averages about $40,000 a year, with the potential to jump to $55,000 to $65,000 in less than two years, he said.

As word spread about last year's record, the school is seeing a rush of new applications. "We usually enroll 20 students max per year," said Smierciak. "We are at overcapacity right now with 27 students in the day program and 14 in the night one."

Some of them are young high school graduates, while others are middle-aged displaced workers retraining themselves for in-demand skills.

Reynaldo Roman, 21, had been thinking about going to college to study electrical engineering when his friend told him about Wilbur Wright's CNC course.

"I did some research on salaries," he said. "After a four-year degree, I might be getting paid as much or less than I would as a certified CNC operator," he said.

As the primary income earner in his family, Roman weighed his options, applied to Wilbur Wright and won a full scholarship to cover the $5,800 CNC program.

"I'm soaking in as much as I can," he said. "I'm hopeful I'll land a job after I graduate."

Norma Trinidad, 50, lost her 23-year factory job after the company went belly up in 2010.

Once when she was at the local unemployment office, she saw a flier touting advanced manufacturing techniques. That got her thinking about updating her skills, particularly since she had done manual machining and knew that more manufacturers were looking for workers with higher-tech skills.

In the past year, Trinidad has acquired five certifications -- some just took a matter of weeks -- in new manufacturing techniques from another vocational school. Now, she's Roman's classmate at Wilbur Wright and on her way to earning three more certifications in high-precision skills.

Jimmy Hodges, dean of applied technologies with Wallace State Community College in Hanceville, Ala., is also seeing high job placement with his graduates.

The school's two-year accredited manufacturing program, costing between $8,000 and $10,000, includes machining, CNC and a course in tool and die making.

Hodges, a machinist himself, said Wallace is getting close to placing 100% of its students, too, driven by a pickup in auto and other manufacturing in the state.

He hopes these stats help change a persistent misconception about manufacturing. "Young people in the country think manufacturing is nasty and dirty," he said. "Not so. It's clean, high-tech, and the pay isn't bad."

Hodges' son graduated from Wallace's manufacturing program in 2005 and landed a $45,000 base pay job with an aerospace maker. "With overtime he's making much more," he said.

His daughter opted for a four-year degree in education from the University of Alabama.

Her starting salary as a 5th grade teacher is about $36,000, said Hodges, adding that she also has $45,000 in student loans.

"My daughter is an awesome teacher," he said. "But who do you think got the better deal?" To top of page

This is a long post and I am in the middle of something. I will come back to this and respond out of respect for the time you took to post it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Compare income equality now to income equality 40-50 years ago. Minimum wage used to be a reasonable amount of money to live on; that is no longer true. Many people have to work 2 and even 3 jobs to make ends meet. There would be no need for all the safety nets if the average Joe could afford to live without them.
I disagree. I earned minimum wage as a teen with a part time job. Graduated high school, started college, and began getting more skills. With less than half of a 4 year college program, had acquired enough skills to command about 3 times minimum wage, on which I did support a wife and child, at age 20.

I could NOT have supported even myself on minimum wage then, so you are misinformed about REALITY, versus the propaganda you seem so willing to swallow without verification.

Oh, and by the way, I worked full time or nearly full time all during college, both before GI benefits, and after I got them.

I and I knew time was money, so tried to get it over with fast. And I pursued a major which paid a good income, to make it worth my while.

How do you stack up against that reasoning? Are you conducting your life in an intelligent, financially rational manner?

Or are you merely bitter and resentful, that your choices don't automatically yield good results?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Liberal_Spy

Not everybody is suited for that kind of work, and because they are not suited for it they choose different paths.

Offline Rapunzel

Not everybody is suited for that kind of work, and because they are not suited for it they choose different paths.

If you read the article you see there is many, many options and most of it is computerized these days... and BTW if you want to go to school longer and study for a degree that may or may not have a payback over it's lifetime vs a less expensive higher-paying alternative that is your business, just don't whine that you have huge student loan debt (as a result) and expect me to help pay for your PhD
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:31:36 am by Rapunzel »

Offline xfreeper

i had a neighbor who is kind of a fool. was supposed to be working on his ged but sat around home all day collecting disability while baking muffins. used too much butter and sugar though. Dumb ass sat on a tree limb one day in the outhouse. put all his garbage in the wrong recycle bin too. His father was a communist

Liberal_Spy

just don't whine that you have huge student loan debt (as a result) and expect me to help pay for your PhD

In my perfect world I would never ask you to pay for something of mine. If I had everything my way, this is what I would do. Bring home all of our troops from all over the world and cut military spending on things like more tanks we don't need and the military doesn't want. Keep the United States out of any war that doesn't directly effect us. Dismantle the NSA, end the war on drugs and demilitarize the police. Put restrictions on corporations that prevent them from sending all of their jobs overseas. Raise taxes on giant, wealthy corporations like Walmart, Mcdonalds, Microsoft and Google. Raise taxes on the billionaires that own those corporations, and enforce restrictions that prevent them from avoiding taxes. Make it so those same billionaires actually have to suffer consequences for the crimes they commit.

Use all of the money generated from everything that was changed to completely front the bill for all healthcare in the United States. No restrictions, and no nonsense. The supplies and cost of the paychecks would be completely funded by the government, and other than that the government would completely stay out of the picture. If you feel sick or get hurt you could go to the hospital and get good care completely free of charge. Lower taxes on anybody making less than 5 million dollars a year, and have the percentage of taxes get lower and lower as income decreases until taxes are eliminated for anybody not making more than 250 thousand dollars a year. Eliminate taxes on businesses that do not surplus more than 50 million dollars a year, and the taxes of any business making more than that would slowly climb higher with increased income. Make it so every American can comfortably retire at a reasonable age, and not have to worry about an injury or illness bankrupting them. Increase funding for things like NASA, and technology that will help improve the lives of all.

Why does so much need to be spent on war, destruction, fear and the best interests of obsessed billionaires that make and steal more money than any human being could reasonably spend in 100 lifetimes? Why can't we use it instead to improve the lives of everybody living in this country? Multimillionaires and billionaires would still be incredibly rich, and could still live an incredibly good/comfortable life. It could be that way, but it isn't.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:55:58 pm by Anomalism »

Offline Rapunzel

In my perfect world I would never ask you to pay for something of mine. If I had everything my way, this is what I would do. Bring home all of our troops from all over the world and cut military spending on things like more tanks we don't need and the military doesn't want. Keep the United States out of any war that didn't directly effect us. Dismantle the NSA, end the war on drugs and demilitarize the police. Put restrictions on corporations that prevent them from sending all of their jobs overseas. Raise taxes on giant, wealthy corporations like Walmart, Mcdonalds, Microsoft and Google. Raise taxes on the billionaires that own those corporations, and enforce restrictions that prevent them from avoiding taxes. Make it so those same billionaires actually have to suffer consequences for the crimes they commit.

Use all of the money generated from everything that was changed to completely front the bill for all healthcare in the United States. No restrictions, and no nonsense. The supplies and cost of the paychecks would be completely funded by the government, and other than that the government would completely stay out of the picture. If you feel sick or get hurt you could go to the hospital and get good care completely free of charge. Lower taxes on anybody making less than 5 million dollars a year, and have the percentage of taxes get lower and lower as income decreases until taxes are eliminated for anybody not making more than 250 thousand dollars a year. Eliminate taxes on businesses that do not surplus more than 50 million dollars a year, and the taxes of any business making more than that would slowly climb higher with increased income. Make it so every American can comfortably retire at a reasonable age, and not have to worry about an injury or illness bankrupting them. Increase funding for things like NASA, and technology that will help improve the lives of all.

Why does so much need to be spent on war, destruction, fear and the best interests of obsessed billionaires that make and steal more money than any human being could reasonably spend in 100 lifetimes? Why can't we use it instead to improve the lives of everybody living in this country? Multimillionaires and billionaires would still be incredibly rich, and could still live an incredibly good/comfortable life. It could be that way, but it isn't.

The only job of the Federal Government - per the constitution is for national security.

Show me where in the Constitution it says we are to pay taxes, much less pay for your healthcare or college education.

As for the billionaires you so loathe show me the poor man you have received a well-paying job from?  Fact is rich people create jobs and they create more wealth.  They worked to get where they are, they didn't sit around expecting a hand-out they went out and created something that people wanted and in return they became wealthy.    Envy of another persons wealth and thinking it should be taken away from them 'to redistribute" is pure, unadulterated, socialism.

Also if we taxed every billionaire 100% it would not make a dent in the national debt. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Resentment of the successful shows a total ignorance about history and economics.

So does the idea that governments' purpose is to make people have good life outcomes, regardless of their choices or their behavior.

But Marx, Lenin, Stalin and Hitler created those resentments, and brought misery and death to tens of millions.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

BTW reading just this sentence -- you REALLY need to take a few economics and business classes because you are totally and completely clueless.

Raise taxes on giant, wealthy corporations like Walmart, Mcdonalds, Microsoft and Google. Raise taxes on the billionaires that own those corporations, and enforce restrictions that prevent them from avoiding taxes.

First of all these so-called billionaires answer to a little thing called their STOCK HOLDERS... and raising taxes does absolutely nothing beneficial for the economy  - actually the opposite and in the process all they do is RAISE PRICES.....  so you and I pay more for the goods.  Taxes are but one part of the equation in what is commonly referred to as COST OF GOODS......     

and as for sending jobs out of the country - I suspect you are equally clueless about WHY so many jobs are sent offshore and since it is quite clear from your post you are one of those who wants something for nothing while the rest of us work for a living I am not even going to try and spin my wheels trying to explain how the real world works.   You may want to think about moving to France, sounds like their system suits you much more than what we have enjoyed here for over 200 years.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:32:01 am by Rapunzel »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

Resentment of the successful shows a total ignorance about history and economics.

So does the idea that governments' purpose is to make people have good life outcomes, regardless of their choices or their behavior.

But Marx, Lenin, Stalin and Hitler created those resentments, and brought misery and death to tens of millions.
Amen.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

BTW reading just this sentence -- you REALLY need to take a few economics and business classes because you are totally and completely clueless.

First of all these so-called billionaires answer to a little thing called their STOCK HOLDERS... and raising taxes does absolutely nothing beneficial for the economy  - actually the opposite and in the process all they do is RAISE PRICES.....  so you and I pay more for the goods.  Taxes are but one part of the equation in what is commonly referred to as COST OF GOODS......     

and as for sending jobs out of the country - I suspect you are equally clueless about WHY so many jobs are sent offshore and since it is quite clear from your post you are one of those who wants something for nothing while the rest of us work for a living I am not even going to try and spin my wheels trying to explain how the real world works.   You may want to think about moving to France, sounds like their system suits you much more than what we have enjoyed here for over 200 years.

Rapunzel............not meaning to be critical here, but you're trying to teach someone who is unteachable.

His point is to spout propaganda, NOT to learn the truth.

You can keep giving him the truth and exposing his abject, willful ignorance, but he's not going to learn from it.  He's just going to keep vomiting what his handlers are feeding him.

It's an exercise in futility to teach one who hasn't the slightest interest in learning, or bettering himself through knowledge.

Offline xfreeper

I am getting sick and tired of this.

:whistle:

If you are referring to people who jump into a thread and veer it completely off target and than others take the bait, I'm with you. Nothing like wasting time returning to a thread to check new posts and finding they have absolutely nothing to do with the original topic

Liberal_Spy

If you are referring to people who jump into a thread and veer it completely off target and than others take the bait, I'm with you. Nothing like wasting time returning to a thread to check new posts and finding they have absolutely nothing to do with the original topic

This thread would have never made it this far if the topic had not evolved. It would have hit a page or maybe two and then it would have disappeared. How much is there to really discuss about a teacher getting raped and murdered by a student? Through discussion of the things said by posters in this thread it has evolved beyond the confines of what it originally was, and as a result has become a larger and more active thread filled with the back and forth discussions of people that use this forum. I question everything, and as a result many of the threads I post in become very active, and don't always stay completely in line with the original topic. That is the way discussion often works.