General Category > Health/Education

Low Obamacare Enrollment More Proof of a ‘Disaster’

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/low-obamacare-enrollment-more-proof-110000895.html

Tue, Nov 12, 2013, 12:15 PM EST -

Low Obamacare Enrollment More Proof of a ‘Disaster’
The Fiscal Times
By Eric Pianin, Brianna Ehley 6 hours ago

Before Healthcare.gov’s troubled launch on Oct. 1, the White House estimated nearly 500,000 people would enroll in the Obamacare health exchanges within the first month and an estimated 7 million were expected to gain private coverage by the end of March, when the open-enrollment period is scheduled to end.

Now – even before the administration can deliver on its promise to release an official head count of how many people have enrolled for insurance coverage in the first full month of operations – insurance industry analysts on Monday released figures showing the government has signed up a mere fraction of Americans it had hoped to recruit in October.

Robert Laszewski, a consultant to many major insurance companies, said in an interview that about 50,000 people have signed up for coverage in the 36 states that have federally designed insurance markets – or about 10 percent of the overall goal for the first month. That figure closely matches the 40,000 to 50,000 enrollments reported by The Wall Street Journal on Monday afternoon. Laszewski based his estimate on the number of completed transactions between individuals and their families and insurance companies.

continued at link

flowers:
Most keep saying that this is a disaster. I think Obama is very pleased with this. It is all part of the plan for single payer. I am beginning to  think the website isn't supposed to work on purpose. I hear when you get to the part of the cost is when it shuts down on you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version