General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

Tyrants if left to their own devices: Arrest Conservatives For Sedition

<< < (2/4) > >>

famousdayandyear:

--- Quote from: AbaraXas on October 19, 2013, 02:33:43 am ---That's a joke, right?

--- End quote ---

Not anymore of a joke than on multiple recent threads that begin:

"I'd like your input on"    or
"I'd like your opinion on"   or
"I read this article.  What do you think..."  or

whatever.

Why is my question more ludicrous than those?

Rapunzel:

--- Quote from: AbaraXas on October 19, 2013, 02:33:43 am ---That's a joke, right?

--- End quote ---

I am curious as well.  Because Liberals have their panties in a twist they want to charge conservatives with sedition?  Where is that in the Constitution?

famousdayandyear:

--- Quote from: Rapunzel on October 19, 2013, 02:45:35 am ---I am curious as well.  Because Liberals have their panties in a twist they want to charge conservatives with sedition?  Where is that in the Constitution?

--- End quote ---

Is sedition not in the Constitution?  Then where do they get that.  I'm trying to be as polite as I can to understand why conservatives can't find common ground with the people at moveon.

Rapunzel:

--- Quote from: famousdayandyear on October 19, 2013, 02:49:29 am ---Is sedition not in the Constitution?  Then where do they get that.  I'm trying to be as polite as I can to understand why conservatives can't find common ground with the people at moveon.

--- End quote ---

So you think the conservatives committed sedition?  I don't think they did so I guess it is difficult to find common ground in that regard. I supported what they did.  If they committed sedition, then so did I.

BTW I cannot stand Karl Rove, but I don't support the move-on people who keep trying to have him arrested, either. 

--- Quote ---Sedition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection

In law, sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that is deemed by the legal authority to tend toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent (or resistance) to lawful authority. Sedition may include any commotion, though not aimed at direct and open violence against the laws. Seditious words in writing are seditious libel. A seditionist is one who engages in or promotes the interests of sedition.
--- End quote ---

I guess you would have to show me where Cruz or Lee used their speech to encourage insurrection.  What I saw was them pushing the GOP senators and congress to use every legal tool in their belt to stop the funding of Obamacare.  I stayed up until 3 a.m. watching the fillibuster and never once did I hear them call for a violent uprising.  ???????

famousdayandyear:

--- Quote from: Rapunzel on October 19, 2013, 02:57:56 am ---So you think the conservatives committed sedition?  I don't think they did so I guess it is difficult to find common ground in that regard. I supported what they did.  If they committed sedition, then so did I.

BTW I cannot stand Karl Rove, but I don't support the move-on people who keep trying to have him arrested, either. 

I guess you would have to show me where Cruz or Lee used their speech to encourage insurrection.  What I saw was them pushing the GOP senators and congress to use every legal tool in their belt to stop the funding of Obamacare.  I stayed up until 3 a.m. watching the fillibuster and never once did I hear them call for a violent uprising.  ???????

--- End quote ---

I still don't understand why we can't all just get along since I'm studying to be a professor of World History.  Can't we just elect somebody who can fix all this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version