General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

Tyrants if left to their own devices: Arrest Conservatives For Sedition

<< < (4/4)

ABX:

--- Quote from: famousdayandyear on October 19, 2013, 03:32:10 am ---I know you are a good person, and I don't want to use words like sacrifice and values.
And I am polite.  Tell me what you mean by sedition?

--- End quote ---

Pretty much exactly what was posted above, emphasis added:

--- Quote ---sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that is deemed by the legal authority to tend toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent (or resistance) to lawful authority.
--- End quote ---

The emphasis is the key point here because our Constitution is the authority of the land, even above legal authority. If the legal authority outlaws speech or dissent, then the 'legal authority' is the one committing sedition, not the person who speaks out against that legal authority.

famousdayandyear:

--- Quote from: AbaraXas on October 19, 2013, 03:46:09 am ---Pretty much exactly what was posted above, emphasis added:

The emphasis is the key point here because our Constitution is the authority of the land, even above legal authority. If the legal authority outlaws speech or dissent, then the 'legal authority' is the one committing sedition, not the person who speaks out against that legal authority.

--- End quote ---

Please PM this excellent knowledge to LS and request he give us a damn break.
Thanks -- in behalf of me and the site.

(Illustrating absurdity using the absurd -- Rush Limbaugh)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version