General Category > Politics/Government

American Taxpayers Betrayed by Chicken Hearted RINOS!

(1/2) > >>

Bigun:
American Taxpayers Betrayed by Chicken Hearted RINOS!

By: Todd Starnes (FOXNews.com)

American taxpayers have once again been trampled by establishment Republicans – a thundering herd of chicken-hearted Republicans in Name Only (RINOs) galloping to the Left.

The debt ceiling deal struck between Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is a victory for President Obama and Democrats.

ObamaCare is still the law of the land. The government is still spending money it does not have. And thousands of government workers just got a two-week vacation courtesy of the taxpayers.

I’m sure we will hear establishment apologists calling the events of recent days a compromise. But seeing how the president refused to compromise, it’s more likely the Grand Old Party was the only one bending.

Establishment Republicans always talk about doing the right thing for the nation, no matter the price. But when push comes to shove, they always throw in the towel. And Wednesday, McConnell and his band of merry moderates heaved their towels in an epic demonstration of lily-livered cowardice.

But you’ve got to hand it to Sen. Ted Cruz for standing his ground. He held the line and ultimately paid the price. His good name was smeared by Democrats as well as McConnell’s band – most notably Sens. John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Bob Corker.

This band of bullies brushed aside Ronald Reagan’s 11th commandment – the one about not speaking ill of any fellow Republican. If only the moderates debated Democrats with the same ferocity reserved for conservatives.

“The nastier they get, the more it demonstrates how scared they are of the American people holding every elected official accountable,” Cruz told me in a telephone call Wednesday afternoon. “It’s not surprising the Washington establishment pushes back. We knew when we took on the Washington establishment that it would fight back.”

Sen. Cruz told me Wednesday was not a good day for America.

Bigun:
Todd Starnes is EXACTLY right! I don't blame the Dems for this I blame the gutless coward, democrat lite, RINOS!

sinkspur:

--- Quote ---“The nastier they get, the more it demonstrates how scared they are of the American people holding every elected official accountable,” Cruz told me in a telephone call Wednesday afternoon.
--- End quote ---

Cruz is under the delusion that the American people are behind him.

He needs to turn around.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: sinkspur on October 17, 2013, 01:51:25 pm ---Cruz is under the delusion that the American people are behind him.

He needs to turn around.

--- End quote ---

The only person around here who is delusional is YOU surrender monkey!!

sinkspur:

--- Quote from: Bigun on October 17, 2013, 01:54:10 pm ---The only person around here who is delusional is YOU surrender monkey!!

--- End quote ---

Now, now.  I know you want to lash out, but I'm not the problem.

You followed a Pied Piper whose only goal was to increase his cash stash for a future run for President.

A run that's a sure failure now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version