Author Topic: Ted Cruz makes the Democrats stronger  (Read 9923 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Ted Cruz makes the Democrats stronger
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 04:21:03 pm »
LOL! I liked the one comment. Don't worry; I'm not changing my stance on the issues.  :beer:

I know that, happy, but the phrase "CAVEAT EMPTOR" keeps coming to mind.

While I strongly disagree with sinkspur about Ted Cruz,et al,  I agree 100% that the self-admitted "liberal spy" who also admitted to coming to the "belly of the beast" (and then said it was a joke), is here to DIVIDE us.

There is no good purpose for his being here.  He is an internet leftist on a conservative forum.

He's here to harm us.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 04:30:22 pm »

He's here to harm us.

Not everybody here is paranoid and intolerant.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 05:12:27 pm »
I also want to put it out there that I have been encouraging frustrated liberals to vote third party too. We need to break away from the monster that has taken over our political system.

That sounds like a nice tune your singing, but...

I'm not quite certain things would turn out well. I not sure that encouraging liberals to vote for Green, Peace and Freedom, Working Families, and every other neo-communist party out there would help the cause of liberty or get us back to a constitutional republic. Besides, it would just split the vote on the left and elect more establishment Republicans. Then we'd be on the same course where on now – only slower.

No, the thing to do is to educate folks (start 'em young) about liberty and then field candidates who understand and respect the Constitution. The answer to entrenched and corrupt politicians is in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States.

At least, that's the theory.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 05:32:48 pm »
That sounds like a nice tune your singing, but...

I'm not quite certain things would turn out well. I not sure that encouraging liberals to vote for Green, Peace and Freedom, Working Families, and every other neo-communist party out there would help the cause of liberty or get us back to a constitutional republic. Besides, it would just split the vote on the left and elect more establishment Republicans. Then we'd be on the same course where on now – only slower.

You're focusing on the things we disagree on to avoid working together for the thing we DO agree on. What we do agree on is this current setup isn't working. It's corrupt, and democracy isn't working. By shutting down the current administration we would be doing a lot towards taking back our country.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 05:36:34 pm »
Not everybody here is paranoid and intolerant.

Might have been a little smarter if you had picked a less in-your-face handle.  Personally, I don't think you add anything to the forum.  You never bother to explain WHY you think like you do, which I find strange. I have watched some folks have actually spend time explaining things to you, which I thought was a huge waste of their time.   You are not here to learn anything--that is obvious.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 05:42:45 pm »
You never bother to explain WHY you think like you do, which I find strange.

I recognize where I am, and because of that I tend to let things go before the disagreement escalates. You guys know what I think when it comes to my more liberal views, and those of you who have spent time talking to liberals know most of what would be my responses to some of those questions. Liberals and conservatives have fundamental disagreements about how to best improve the United States, and I've completely accepted that I'm not going to convince any of you to change your mind on things like healthcare/abortion/whatever.  I try to focus on the things we agree on.

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 05:46:11 pm »
I realize you're a liberal, I just don't know WHY you have the opinions you do.  As for common ground, specifically which specific issues can we can find common ground on, and how? 

Quite frankly, dealing with you is like nailing jello to a wall.   

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2013, 05:51:21 pm »
I realize you're a liberal, I just don't know WHY you have the opinions you do.  As for common ground, specifically which specific issues can we can find common ground on, and how? 

Quite frankly, dealing with you is like nailing jello to a wall.

Many of you recognize that the banks are a problem, and that they need to be broken up; I am a huge supporter of this idea. Many of you seem to agree with cutting out excess military spending; I am a huge supporter of this idea. Almost all of you disagree with gun control, which I also disagree with. Most of you seem to believe that the powers that run this country have overstepped their boundaries and have polarized the two parties into something that benefits them regardless of who is in office, which I completely agree with. I think the left and right could get a lot of good done if they worked together. 

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 05:59:22 pm »
McConnell was playing a weak hand.  He had no leverage.

McConnell had all the leverage he needed in the house. He and other GOP senators were unwilling to use it
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 05:59:55 pm by xfreeper »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 06:03:09 pm »
McConnell had all the leverage he needed in the house. He and other GOP senators were unwilling to use it

Amen!

RINOS are the problem and always have been!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 06:06:01 pm »

Are  you one of those who thinks Obama would defund Obamacare?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 06:06:58 pm »
Amen!

RINOS are the problem and always have been!

Tom Coburn, no RINO, thought the defunding strategy was stupid.  It was.

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 06:13:42 pm »
Many of you recognize that the banks are a problem, and that they need to be broken up; I am a huge supporter of this idea. Many of you seem to agree with cutting out excess military spending; I am a huge supporter of this idea. Almost all of you disagree with gun control, which I also disagree with. Most of you seem to believe that the powers that run this country have overstepped their boundaries and have polarized the two parties into something that benefits them regardless of who is in office, which I completely agree with. I think the left and right could get a lot of good done if they worked together.

These things don't make you sound like much of a liberal, yet you insist you are.  I think you're a time waster and you're boring.   You're going on ignore--if I can figure out how to do that.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 06:19:46 pm »
The "problem" with the ignore button is that you'll end up 'seeing' many of that member's posts inside quotes contained in typical replies.

IMO, tis better to simply glance...see...and look away.

RE: Ted Cruz....whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Ted Cruz' future could mirror Ronald Reagan's back in 1976, when Rockefeller and FRiends kept the nomination from him.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2013, 06:21:15 pm »
Are  you one of those who thinks Obama would defund Obamacare?
No. I am one of those that never thought you can get from point A to point Z without any steps in between. My thoughts on the overall strategy were expressed a month or two ago. None the less, when you arrive at point G, you don't say we can't get to Z so we give up. You stick together and perhaps get to L. They certainly could have extracted something, perhaps a delay, if the had held strong and been wise about their strategy. Instead by folding (GOP senators) they end up with nothing and looking like the losers they are.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2013, 06:25:49 pm »

Hell, I'm a conservative and some are trying to run me off the forum because I disagree with them

You are NOT a conservative.  You are not even close to being a conservative.  At the very least you are a Rockefeller Republican - a PROGRESSIVE who calls himself a Republican, but a conservative  - you have no clue what a conservative is.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:56:23 pm by Rapunzel »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2013, 06:26:57 pm »

No matter what others have said, I take you at your word. And I agree that working together might be better for the good of the country than working at cross purposes—if what you want is the same thing as what I want: dismantling that bureaucratic behemoth in DC, including the IRS, the EPA, the education department (give me a minute, there are so many agencies this could take a long time). But you get the point.

Now if you want to join me, then we have some common ground.  Washington's political power structure ain't going to dismantle itself.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2013, 06:28:07 pm »
Tom Coburn, no RINO, thought the defunding strategy was stupid.  It was.

He may have been right about the strategy but he and others that caved early are the reason they got nothing at all

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2013, 06:28:18 pm »
The "problem" with the ignore button is that you'll end up 'seeing' many of that member's posts inside quotes contained in typical replies.

Ted Cruz' future could mirror Ronald Reagan's back in 1976, when Rockefeller and FRiends kept the nomination from him.

For God's sake!  Cruz has been in the Senate 15 minutes and you're comparing him to Ronald Reagan.  Seriously?

Reagan had leadership skills.  Cruz has none, at least none that he demonstrated over the past two weeks.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2013, 06:30:29 pm »

The only problem with that is that with SOME posters you go over the same ground continually no matter how many times they have been proven wrong previously.

You can conclusively prove them wrong on something and five minutes later they will be back posting the same thing you just conclusively disproved!

It drives me CRAZY so I have resorted to the ignore option in those cases.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:33:48 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013, 06:32:37 pm »
No. I am one of those that never thought you can get from point A to point Z without any steps in between. My thoughts on the overall strategy were expressed a month or two ago. None the less, when you arrive at point G, you don't say we can't get to Z so we give up. You stick together and perhaps get to L. They certainly could have extracted something, perhaps a delay, if the had held strong and been wise about their strategy. Instead by folding (GOP senators) they end up with nothing and looking like the losers they are.

What would L look like?  How do you extract ANYTHING from a President who is not going to give you anything?  Obama might delay the mandate on his own, but he's not going to do it because the GOP is willing to shutdown the government over it, especially since they and not he got the bulk of the blame.

If the Republicans held the Senate, they'd be a better position, obviously.  They could shut down approval of all nominees, for instance.  But you can't force a major change from one House of Congress.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2013, 06:33:56 pm »
He may have been right about the strategy but he and others that caved early are the reason they got nothing at all

He didn't cave.  He said the strategy was wrong.  And it WAS wrong.  And the Republicans got nothing because Obama held all the cards.  All he had to was wait 'em out.

Many of us predicted exactly what would happen.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2013, 06:35:07 pm »
For God's sake!  Cruz has been in the Senate 15 minutes and you're comparing him to Ronald Reagan.  Seriously?

Reagan had leadership skills.  Cruz has none, at least none that he demonstrated over the past two weeks.

And a 144 day-old Senator from Illinois was elected and just REELECTED!

Once the pain and suffering of Obamacare trickles down to the street....he'll 'look' more like Reagan.

Even the French are freaking out at the rise of Conservatism in their country.   People get fed up....and vote.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2013, 06:45:43 pm »
There are many here who are bothered by the very idea that you would come on this forum  and present alternative ideas. Some will tell you to leave, others will put you on ignore.

Hell, I'm a conservative and some are trying to run me off the forum because I disagree with them! 

So don't get discouraged.

I don't blame them; people on the left are the same way. The left and right have dehumanized each other to the point that people are threatened by the mere presence of the opposition.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2013, 06:53:38 pm »
The thing is in order to get anything political done you need to harness the passion in people. And passion is what the extremes on both sides have plenty of. Rationality? That's a different matter.