Author Topic: Senate reaches deal to end shutdown, avert default  (Read 4390 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Senate reaches deal to end shutdown, avert default
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 06:44:50 pm »
You just seem to have a lot of time of your hands all day long .... and always seems to be looking for a fight.

Just wondering if a paying job might help you focus better.

That's all.

I focus fine.  And I express my opinions just like everyone else around here.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 06:47:22 pm »
I see no reason to question Sinkspur's personal life over his opinions on a forum.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 06:54:35 pm »
I see no reason to question Sinkspur's personal life over his opinions on a forum.

I'll have to agree with that statement.

I happen to be out of work right now, and have far more time on my hands than I would like.

I also know from experience that hanging out at places like this - as enjoyable and enlivening as it can be - can also be habit-forming to the point of obsession. It's a very good idea to take frequent breaks and focus on other interests and responsibilities.

Personally, my cooking skills have improved markedly during the past four months, and I'm making progress on my plans for world domination. But perhaps I've said too much...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 07:01:07 pm »

Lighten up, Francis.  Didn't realize I was hitting a nerve.

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 07:02:35 pm »
I'll have to agree with that statement.

I happen to be out of work right now, and have far more time on my hands than I would like.

I also know from experience that hanging out at places like this - as enjoyable and enlivening as it can be - can also be habit-forming to the point of obsession. It's a very good idea to take frequent breaks and focus on other interests and responsibilities.

Trust me .., I wasn't looking to turn this into a "Tips for the Unemployed" thread. 

Let it go.

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 07:03:17 pm »

Wow.  You really ARE a liberal.   :silly:

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 07:08:20 pm »
Trust me .., I wasn't looking to turn this into a "Tips for the Unemployed" thread. 

Let it go.

If you read the last line of my post, I think you'll see that I was not taking it at all personally. Okay? Okay. It's almost cocktail time....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013, 07:12:42 pm »

Perhaps not but we should question his seeming inability to admit when he's wrong!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,116666.msg471135.html#msg471135
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 07:15:26 pm »
Wow.  You really ARE a liberal.   :silly:

Guilty.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 07:19:57 pm »
I also know from experience that hanging out at places like this - as enjoyable and enlivening as it can be - can also be habit-forming to the point of obsession

This is true. It's even worse than my Oreo addiction.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013, 07:26:17 pm »
I also know from experience that hanging out at places like this - as enjoyable and enlivening as it can be - can also be habit-forming to the point of obsession

This is true. It's even worse than my Oreo addiction.

Oreos are one helluva drug.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 08:18:59 pm »
The Republican Party will return to its conservative roots, or it will cease to be.

The American people will no longer allow a one party system in Washington, DC.

I hope you're right but that hope is dampened today with embarrassment and disillusion.
I have no faith in the republican party and especially the leaders.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2013, 08:27:25 pm »
I hope you're right but that hope is dampened today with embarrassment and disillusion.

Same here, Olivia. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2013, 09:08:04 pm »

They are not Republicans. They even refuse to acknowledge this Constitutional Republic and refuse to adhere to it. 

I'm afraid it's fork time. It's not going to be pretty. If the young leaders don't make a resounding stand soon, and this slow-walk continues, it will be past judgement day.

The opposition cannot understand why the first volley has not arrived. Nudge.. push.. shove...

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2013, 09:11:54 pm »
McCain is out crowing today that "they" won... whoever "they" is... of course you do not see Obama or his family in Obamacare or McCain or HIS family in Obamacare or Harry Reid or his family in Obamacare or John Boehner, Eric Cantor, Paul Ryan, etc., in Obamacare.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776