Author Topic: Tea Party destroys Michelle Obama’s garden  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Tea Party destroys Michelle Obama’s garden
« on: October 15, 2013, 09:33:17 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/15/tea-party-destroys-michelle-obamas-garden/

Tea Party destroys Michelle Obama’s garden

Posted By Jim Treacher On 11:53 AM 10/15/2013

It was bad enough when those teabagging Republican terrorists killed the First Lady’s Twitter account. Now they’ve taken her lovely garden hostage!

Reuters:

In the famous White House kitchen garden, tomatoes are rotting on the vine. Herbs have gone to seed. And the sweet potatoes – a favorite of President Barack Obama – have become worm food.

It’s another impact of the government shutdown, one that only the fox and the many squirrels that live on the White House grounds could love…

“Due to the shutdown, garden maintenance has been reduced considerably and only being watered as needed,” a White House official confirmed, speaking on background.

That’s right: Obama can barricade war memorials and kick people out of national parks, but he can’t tend his own garden. Who needs metaphors?

This news is courtesy of Eddie Gehman Kohan at Obama Foodarama, “the blog of record about White House food initiatives, from policy to pie.” She writes:

The first government shutdown in seventeen years has had a dramatic impact on First Lady Michelle Obama’s world-famous Kitchen Garden on the South Lawn, currently bursting with more than thirty kinds of vegetables, including Presidential pumpkins awaiting harvest just in time for Halloween.

In the eleven days since the shutdown began on Oct. 1, the pounds and pounds of ripe organic bounty have gone to waste. The vegetables filling the 1,500 square-foot plot are now rotting away on the vines and in the boxed beds, thanks to the mandate for “minimal maintenance” placed on the skeletal crew of National Park Service gardeners who remain on duty at 1600 Penn.

Witness the dire results of this Republican tyranny:

Apparently, chasing away squirrels is a non-essential government job.

Happy now, you disgusting wingnuts? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: This is why we can’t have nice utopias.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

Re: Tea Party destroys Michelle Obama’s garden
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:22:02 pm »
From reading the title I was picturing angry Tea Party members stomping on vegetables.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 10:24:58 pm »
As I observed on this thread, this silly stupid cow could go out and pick the tomatoes herself - except that this whole gardening thingey was just one big photo op from the get-go and she's not really into it right now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 10:45:20 pm »
Secretly, the OPapaDocs are probably as grateful for this opportunity to blame the GOP for ridding them of that pesky garden as they were for ridding them of those pesky tourists who trampled through the place on White House tours every day.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 10:46:45 pm »
Sun to extinguish in 10 billion years due to Tea Party activities.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 11:01:18 pm »
If she weren't so busy spending taxpayer money on her travels and extravagant fru frus, then maybe she'd have time to tend her own garden.

It's not that hard to pick vegetables, Michelle.

If you believed a single word you're saying about keeping in shape and being healthy, you'd do it yourself.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 11:02:56 pm »
If she weren't so busy spending taxpayer money on her travels and extravagant fru frus, then maybe she'd have time to tend her own garden.

It's not that hard to pick vegetables, Michelle.

If you believed a single word you're saying about keeping in shape and being healthy, you'd do it yourself.

I very highly doubt she had much to do with any of it from the start.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 11:04:57 pm »
Bottom line is instead of using her garden to make a political point, the vegetables should have been picked and sent to a local food bank.  THAT is what conservatives do.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 11:07:45 pm »
Bottom line is instead of using her garden to make a political point, the vegetables should have been picked and sent to a local food bank.  THAT is what conservatives do.

What conservatives do makes sense and HELPS people.

What liberals do wastes money and HURTS people.

It's that simple.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 11:12:32 pm »
I very highly doubt she had much to do with any of it from the start.

True..just another photo-op.....

Speaking of photo-ops I wonder how Bo and the new dog is doing...?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 06:09:32 am »
What conservatives do makes sense and HELPS people.

What liberals do wastes money and HURTS people.

It's that simple.

Bang on.  :patriot:

We have a thing called allotments over here. Waste and derelict land is handed over by the local council to people who want to grow their own vegetables in the cities. The rent is nominal - about $30 per year per plot - and water is supplied. A small plot, 10 meters by 20 meters is more than sufficient to feed a family of 4 for most of the year, with extra left over.
The extras are given to the local addicts drop in shelter, who actually have their own plot on the site I know and the addicts work it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 06:15:24 am »
What's to stop princess pants from going out there and taking care of it herself?  Rosalynn Carter planted a flower garden at the White House and took care of it herself. Eleanor Roosevelt took care of her horses (one old book said she even shoveled the manure).

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 06:20:28 am »
For that matter, what is to stop the girls from going out and taking care of it? Most kids love growing things.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 01:17:58 pm »
For that matter, what is to stop the girls from going out and taking care of it? Most kids love growing things.

I thought the same thing after I left this thread last night.

If Barry and Michelle were even half decent parents, they'd be teaching their children a work ethic (which, of course, they can't, since they don't have one themselves), and that would be one of the 'chores' the girls had.

But spoiled babies raise spoiled babies, and I'm sure the girls are blaming the Republicans just like their derelict parents are.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 01:43:05 pm »
Yep. It isn't a matter of being left or right. It is a matter of being a good parent or grandparent.

They seem like nice enough kids, to be fair. Both on them have nice smiles - genuine - and seem to have fun. Show me a single kid who doesn't like getting down and muddy and actually doing something  :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 01:47:15 pm »
Yep. It isn't a matter of being left or right. It is a matter of being a good parent or grandparent.

They seem like nice enough kids, to be fair. Both on them have nice smiles - genuine - and seem to have fun. Show me a single kid who doesn't like getting down and muddy and actually doing something  :laugh:

Well, I did, but I was unusual even decades ago.  I didn't like cleaning my room, but I DID like getting muddy.  ^-^

The point is that good parents make kids do things they don't  particularly 'like' to do in order to help them become better people.

But it takes responsible adults to instill good things in their kids, and these poor girls don't have any example of that.

I feel very sorry for them.