Author Topic: Doctors, hospitals demanding patients pay entire deductible up front thanks to Obamacare  (Read 15864 times)

Offline sinkspur

If that was my goal I would have tried to maximize my impact by infiltrating higher traffic websites. I also would have chosen a different name.

Ignore those who are after you because you are a Liberal.  They're also after anybody who doesn't accept a narrow view of what conservatism is.

There are three or four who don't buy the tea party line and they are isolated, ignored, or ridiculed.

Keep your head about you and you'll be fine.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cincinnatus

There are three or four who don't buy the tea party line and they are isolated, ignored, or ridiculed.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline mountaineer

sink, if you have such disdain for this site, why do you post here?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:04:13 am by Repub4R² »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Ron/Rand Paul as a quick example. I don't agree with a lot of what they say, but their stance on drugs/banks is more than enough to get my vote if they would run third party. To the people questioning why I'd only vote for them if they ran third party, I have answered that question over and over again. There are people on the left that I very much agree with, but still will not vote for them as long as they run as a Democrat.

Look - I am hurting tonight in my soul so will make this brief.

You are a single issue voter. Lots of them about. For some it is the banks, for some it is abortion, for some it is drugs, for some it is the creeping lack of freedom. You can not split one issue from the rest.

Picking the ones you like and ignoring the rest - we have a name for them. Low Information Voters.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Liberal_Spy

Look - I am hurting tonight in my soul so will make this brief.

You are a single issue voter. Lots of them about. For some it is the banks, for some it is abortion, for some it is drugs, for some it is the creeping lack of freedom. You can not split one issue from the rest.

Picking the ones you like and ignoring the rest - we have a name for them. Low Information Voters.

I agree with them on a lot more than banks, and issues that concern me involve a lot more than banks. I am not a single issue voter; sorry, you are wrong. I have no problem with you believing I am a low information voter, though.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:20:07 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I agree with them on a lot more than banks. I am not a single issue voter; sorry, you are wrong.

You seem to be, by your posts. Banks and drugs are your go to points. You clearly stated you do not bother with Obamacare earlier on. We know what you stand against - what do you stand for?

Offline Cincinnatus

I am hurting tonight in my soul ...

I am sorry to hear that, EC. No words of mine can assuage your pain but I do pray God in his compassion will ease your pain.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Thanks mate. Lost two good people this week. It just hurts, you know?

famousdayandyear

I agree with them on a lot more than banks, and issues that concern me involve a lot more than banks. I am not a single issue voter; sorry, you are wrong. I have no problem with you believing I am a low information voter, though.

EC told you right off the damn start that he is having a hard time.  Yet you are so self-focused and close minded to anything or anyone outside yourself it's pathetic and a prominent feature of what little you bring to the discussion.

Travis Tritt has a tune:  "Here's a quarter, call someone who cares".  Do us a favor and take that experienced advice.  Do us another favor, do not respond.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How is someone supposed to pay a deductible BEFORE a doctor visit?  The deductible is dependent on a diagnosis.

It's more likely that if the deductible hasn't been met (and doctors' offices can access this information), then the full cost of the service (rather than the deductible) will have to be paid prior to treatment.  The expense would then be submitted to the insurance carrier so it can be applied to the deductible. 

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:31:25 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Liberal_Spy

You seem to be, by your posts. Banks and drugs are your go to points. You clearly stated you do not bother with Obamacare earlier on. We know what you stand against - what do you stand for?

I support expansion where it helps people and I support shrinking government where it doesn't. I think we should bring all of our soldiers home and stop wasting billions of dollars maintaining military bases all over the world. I think a poor person working 60+ hours a week for minimum wage should have access to healthcare, and I really don't care how they get it as long as they do get it. I think ignoring poor people is extremely selfish and irresponsible. I support raising taxes on people that surplus millions of dollars a year, and lowering taxes for the middle class and below. I think the banks should be held accountable for their crimes, and I think that accountability should involve a lot more than fines. I think the war on drugs is a senseless waste of taxpayer money that is being used to militarize the police in response to growing discontent, and I also feel the drug war is largely responsible for black communities not flourishing. I could go on and on and on, but I feel what I've said is adequate.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Ignore those who are after you because you are a Liberal.  They're also after anybody who doesn't accept a narrow view of what conservatism is.

Keep your head about you and you'll be fine.

What the hell is up your butt?  if a Liberal comes here and in every other posts is talking about 3rd party then my radar goes up, as that is the mem coming from the OWS and the Obama admin.

What that has to do with you is beyond me.  Calm down!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Liberal_Spy

Thanks mate. Lost two good people this week. It just hurts, you know?

I'm sorry to hear that. Life is too short.

Liberal_Spy

What the hell is up your butt?  if a Liberal comes here and in every other posts is talking about 3rd party then my radar goes up, as that is the mem coming from the OWS and the Obama admin.

I want the left to vote third party too.

Offline R4 TrumPence

I want the left to vote third party too.

I want the left to vote 3rd party too, but not us!!! :silly:

Offline Rapunzel

I support expansion where it helps people and I support shrinking government where it doesn't. I think we should bring all of our soldiers home and stop wasting billions of dollars maintaining military bases all over the world. I think a poor person working 60+ hours a week for minimum wage should have access to healthcare, and I really don't care how they get it as long as they do get it. I think ignoring poor people is extremely selfish and irresponsible. I support raising taxes on people that surplus millions of dollars a year, and lowering taxes for the middle class and below. I think the banks should be held accountable for their crimes, and I think that accountability should involve a lot more than fines. I think the war on drugs is a senseless waste of taxpayer money that is being used to militarize the police in response to growing discontent, and I also feel the drug war is largely responsible for black communities not flourishing. I could go on and on and on, but I feel what I've said is adequate.

Not that any of this will sink in as nothing we share with you here ever sinks in.......

Poor people - and their children, including the children of illegals,  already get FREE healthcare, we didn't need to turn the entire country and health system upside down to give it to them...   

We had approximately 15% who were uninsured - it is actually higher now thanks to Ocare and people who had reasonably priced policies with reasonable deductibles and co-pays now are faced with huge monthly insurance premiums and deductibles that are what people normally had for Major medical policies with very small premiums. 

One reason the costs have sky-rocketed under O-Care is now they mandate a one-size-fits all policy for everyone -- 62 years old and past child bearing age - doesn't matter you MUST have coverage for maternity and birth control and... a long list of MUSTS....  and don't forget we now have to pay for your abortion if you are 62 and beyond child-bearing age.. or your vasectomy (if you're a male).....

They also mandate they have to take everyone -- and you can even wait until you are sick and dying and then sign up for insurance.. Somehow the term "INSURANCE" has become lost in the equation - as in insurance to protect you IN CASE you become ill - not wait until you ARE ill and then go oops ... guess I better go sign up and let all those healthy schmucks in the insurance pool cover me..... 

Of course there is the fact the 15% who didn't have insurance or the ability to get insurance didn't have it because a certain age group feels they are invinsible and do not need insurance and the others are the aforementioned who didn't bother to get insurance and then found out they had an illness and now are pissed because they can't get insurance to cover their "existing" illness.... so take you liberal attitude that we all have to pay for the people who have been too busy buying expensive tattoos, cell phones, flat screen TV's, expensive boats, cars, etc., instead of insurance  and shove it. 

Oh and people who have a legitimate "disability" -- THEY get MEDICARE under disibility insurance...  people need to get a clue, the system was not broken, the government is and has broken it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

Not that any of this will sink in as nothing we share with you here ever sinks in.......

Poor people - and their children, including the children of illegals,  already get FREE healthcare, we didn't need to turn the entire country and health system upside down to give it to them...   

We had approximately 15% who were uninsured - it is actually higher now thanks to Ocare and people who had reasonably priced policies with reasonable deductibles and co-pays now are faced with huge monthly insurance premiums and deductibles that are what people normally had for Major medical policies with very small premiums. 

One reason the costs have sky-rocketed under O-Care is now they mandate a one-size-fits all policy for everyone -- 62 years old and past child bearing age - doesn't matter you MUST have coverage for maternity and birth control and... a long list of MUSTS....  and don't forget we now have to pay for your abortion if you are 62 and beyond child-bearing age.. or your vasectomy (if you're a male).....

They also mandate they have to take everyone -- and you can even wait until you are sick and dying and then sign up for insurance.. Somehow the term "INSURANCE" has become lost in the equation - as in insurance to protect you IN CASE you become ill - not wait until you ARE ill and then go oops ... guess I better go sign up and let all those healthy schmucks in the insurance pool cover me..... 

Of course there is the fact the 15% who didn't have insurance or the ability to get insurance didn't have it because a certain age group feels they are invinsible and do not need insurance and the others are the aforementioned who didn't bother to get insurance and then found out they had an illness and now are pissed because they can't get insurance to cover their "existing" illness.... so take you liberal attitude that we all have to pay for the people who have been too busy buying expensive tattoos, cell phones, flat screen TV's, expensive boats, cars, etc., instead of insurance  and shove it. 

Oh and people who have a legitimate "disability" -- THEY get MEDICARE under disibility insurance...  people need to get a clue, the system was not broken, the government is and has broken it.

I don't support Obamacare, and I actually think the individual mandate was a pretty stupid idea. You seem to forget that I am not a liberal that is chained to the Democrats and is willing to fight to the death for every stupid idea they have.

Offline sinkspur

sink, if you have such disdain for this site, why do you post here?

I don't disdain the site.

And I would appreciate it if you didn't use my name.  I don't use anyone else's and we use monikers so that we don't have to use our real names.  You, as a moderator, should know better. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:04:32 am by Repub4R² »

Offline sinkspur

Nothing is up my butt.  Why do you attack a poster like Liberal Spy who is as cordial as he can be?  Third parties are a waste of time; everybody knows it.  Even he knows it. 

Since he is constantly under attack (as I was last week) I thought I would tell him to just chill and not get riled over it.

Offline Rapunzel

I don't support Obamacare, and I actually think the individual mandate was a pretty stupid idea. You seem to forget that I am not a liberal that is chained to the Democrats and is willing to fight to the death for every stupid idea they have.

Don't blow smoke up my skirt... this is what you posted:

I think a poor person working 60+ hours a week for minimum wage should have access to healthcare, and I really don't care how they get it as long as they do get it. I think ignoring poor people is extremely selfish and irresponsible.

And I am telling you this post shows extreme ignorance of what was an already existing system... because THESE are the people who already receive and received free healthcare.....  so no one is ignoring poor people even with us taking care of our military at the same time.

What I find deplorable is how this administration wants to cut healthcare benefits for our military veterans who have actually put their lives on the line for this country.

Frankly if a person is getting food stamps, medicaid, etc., a new tattoo, flat screen purchase, etc., should be grounds from taking them off the rolls...... if they have the money for the things I've seen them buying I should not have to pay for their kids, their cars, their food or their healthcare.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

And I am telling you this post shows extreme ignorance of what was an already existing system... because THESE are the people who already receive and received free healthcare.....  so no one is ignoring poor people even with us taking care of our military at the same time.

What do you mean by free healthcare? Are you talking about the people that eventually give in and stumble into an ER to get emergency treatment for a condition that could have been handled way before it got that bad, and for a fraction of the cost? That's not actually free healthcare.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Fair enough. Got something to work with and - thank you. I need the distraction.

Expansion where it helps people. I am not going to argue against a safety net. Never used it myself, but know way too many people who have needed it. Preference is for that to be done by private charity rather than compulsion, but a lot of folk are pretty tight with the old wallet today (o blame, you need be with the current system).

Bringing the soldiers home - not one single argument. Those guys have done more, seen more and suffered more than most can imagine. Get their asses home until they are really needed.

The wasting billions of dollars - you know money flow is global? Those dollars eventually come back, with interest from permanent bases. (Not talking about the horrific waste currently going on in the 'Stan draw down - that is a different kettle of cod.)

The working poor getting healthcare - who is going to argue? Not one single person here would. They are working, trying to get their foot on the ladder and at the shaky stage where a single illness, a bad fall or a pregnancy can blow them back into poverty and dependency. Come on - we want to hold the ladder for people to climb, not pull it out from under them. Someone doesn't wants to climb, instead wants to wait for an elevator - EFF them.

The taxes thing? Tell me this. Why should I pay 60% because I happened to have a good idea or good luck or spent years honing a rare skill? You are penalizing me for not taking a data entry job and sticking with it until I keel over? How, exactly, is that fair?

Banking accountability - agreed with one extra word you didn't use. Transparency.

The war on drugs - lets do it properly. Users get ignored or light fines. Dealers get shot, no appeal. If it is a war, treat it as such. It would be over in 4 months.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What do you mean by free healthcare? Are you talking about the people that eventually give in and stumble into an ER to get emergency treatment for a condition that could have been handled way before it got that bad, and for a fraction of the cost? That's not actually free healthcare. 

There is already a program for the unemployed poor and the working poor.  It's called Medicaid.  I know people insured through this program, and they have access to very good care from a deep well of physicians and hospitals.  I was actually surprised by the coverage and doctors available through this plan.  Why the government is trying to screw up this program is beyond me.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:42:36 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline R4 TrumPence

Nothing is up my butt.  Why do you attack a poster like Liberal Spy who is as cordial as he can be?  Third parties are a waste of time; everybody knows it.  Even he knows it. 

Since he is constantly under attack (as I was last week) I thought I would tell him to just chill and not get riled over it.

I didnt' attack him.  I only mentioned on the thread what Obama and his minions are trying to do.  He jumped on it so I continued.
It was an observation given his constant posting about 3rd parties. I don't dislike him at all, but I also won't be suckered either :patriot:

You and I are on the same side, albeit opposite ends of how to win most of the time..LOL  but we both know a 3rd party will kill us.

As for being after you.. I have never been after you, again, I know you are not a liberal, you just have different party beliefs than some of us do.  But that is fine, I don't care.  We all come together in the end.. We always have :grouphug:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:11:08 am by Repub4R² »