Author Topic: Doctors, hospitals demanding patients pay entire deductible up front thanks to Obamacare  (Read 15860 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What about our seniors?  Most of them have worked all their lives, saved for retirement and now will spend their life savings on medical bills.  Doesn't matter that they've paid into Medicare & SS all their lives and even carry a supplement policy.

A one week hospital stay could wipe out all their assets with one visit.

Then they die. Seniors are of no interest to the youth oriented, instant gratification culture of today, as so ably represented by the left. After all, seniors tend to vote to the right, and the 20 somethings the Dem policies are aimed at enticing just know they will never grow old.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

You are thinking of the normal world before this monstrosity.

Now, who knows what is in there. I would have it printed and delivered but the government printing office has decided that a reasonable price for printing is now $1/page.

As more and more of this is hashed out, I'm sure we'll find a lot of crazy stuff happening that we wouldn't believe at first.

My husband has read the entire thing.

ALL of it.

It's far more of a monstrosity than anyone who hasn't read it (me included) knows about.

I think a lot of folks will be shocked to know that they don't have any choice as to what hospital they go to because of this bill.

So.........if they like the smaller hospital in their community, and only the big one is approved, then they have to go to the one they don't want and stay away from the one they like.

This is a monstrosity far beyond what most of us know about yet......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Liberal_Spy

A new child will soon enter your life. Despite the fact that it's not your child, you will pay for its healthcare for the rest of your life.

That's terrible. I'd rather my tax money go towards throwing marijuana users in prison.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
That's terrible. I'd rather my tax money go towards throwing marijuana users in prison.

This is a typically liberal debate tactic.  Ignore the argument made by the other side & throw out anything that might distract from it.  Usually it's an ad hominem attack.  The red herring works just fine, though.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Liberal_Spy

This is a typically liberal debate tactic.  Ignore the argument made by the other side & throw out anything that might distract from it.  Usually it's an ad hominem attack.  The red herring works just fine, though.

What argument did I ignore? I'm indifferent about Obamacare because I don't support/trust the democrats any more than I support/trust the republicans.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What argument did I ignore? I'm indifferent about Obamacare because I don't support/trust the democrats any more than I support/trust the republicans.

Indifference is how they keep in power. You get that?

You served. You know damned well you had superior officers that shouldn't be trusted with scraping out a chicken coop by hand. We all did. Indifference kicked them upstairs to where their habitual bleep ups could not just be annoying, but actually take your life.

Politics is no different. If you don't pay attention, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution. You need to pay attention to all of it. Not just the parts in the news and the rage du jour.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:15:54 pm by EC »

Liberal_Spy

Indifference is how they keep in power. You get that?

You served. You know damned well you had superior officers that shouldn't be trusted with scraping out a chicken coop by hand. We all did. Indifference kicked them upstairs to where their habitual bleep ups could not just be annoying, but actually take your life.

Politics is no different. If you don't pay attention, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I do pay attention, and that is what leads me to be indifferent about and not trust either side. I support third party voting, and I believe that it is one of our only options for removing the corruption that plagues D.C. There are even republicans that I would vote for if they ran third party.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:19:15 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Take it from a guy who lives in a 3 main party system and is currently in a coalition government. Who is married to an Italian, where they have - at last count - 17 major parties.

It does not work. Third party is a pipe dream. Pick up your pack and shovel, get out there and fix things. Don't care which side you try to fix - but fix it.

That is why OWS failed. It wasn't the media. It wasn't the assholes who took it as a chance to "stick it to the man" (and a fair number of unwilling women). They were protesting. Did you hear a single, rational and workable fix for the problems caused by Wall Street and K Street? I didn't and I was working that story pretty much 24/7. There was much bitching, but no fixing.

The Tea Party did some better. They got out and got people more closely aligned with their views elected. Unfortunately, not enough.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here

Another typically liberal debate tactic--pretend you have no idea that you've ignored the argument.  To spell it out explicitly, I'll quote Rapunzel, then your response:

Quote from: Rapunzel
A new child will soon enter your life. Despite the fact that it's not your child, you will pay for its healthcare for the rest of your life.

See?  Rapunzel made a statement and you ignored it by responding with something that's not even remotely related.

You'll now make some specious claim about how *I* took something out of context, you were joking, or something similarly false.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
It does not work. Third party is a pipe dream.

I'd be happy to have a second party. 

Although they have different methods, the (purported) two parties of today are after the same goal:  use the government to accomplish their own aims.  Using government to protect natural rights is the farthest thing from the minds of either party.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'd be happy to have a second party. 

Although they have different methods, the (purported) two parties of today are after the same goal:  use the government to accomplish their own aims.  Using government to protect natural rights is the farthest thing from the minds of either party.

In a way, you do have three parties. You have conservatives, the hard progressives and the status quo.

Offline olde north church

Obamacare, because FUBAR doesn't begin to describe it.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

There are even republicans that I would vote for if they ran third party.
How would they be Republicans, then? Maybe we should look at the candidate's platform, not just the party affiliation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline R4 TrumPence

Keep in mind the mem from the leftist groups is to infiltrate conservative groups and push 3rd party by causing division in the groups... :pondering:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I do pay attention, and that is what leads me to be indifferent about and not trust either side. I support third party voting, and I believe that it is one of our only options for removing the corruption that plagues D.C. There are even republicans that I would vote for if they ran third party.

Please name them I am curious
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cincinnatus

There are even republicans that I would vote for if they ran third party.

Third party? Why do they have to run third party instead of as Republicans? Either you agree with them or do not. What difference does party affiliation make to that?

Refusing to vote for someone of whom you approve simply because of their party suggests you are a complete whacko bird.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online mountaineer

What a load of crap.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Liberal_Spy

Please name them I am curious

Ron/Rand Paul as a quick example. I don't agree with a lot of what they say, but their stance on drugs/banks is more than enough to get my vote if they would run third party. To the people questioning why I'd only vote for them if they ran third party, I have answered that question over and over again. There are people on the left that I very much agree with, but still will not vote for them as long as they run as a Democrat.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:27:46 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Liberal_Spy

How would they be Republicans, then? Maybe we should look at the candidate's platform, not just the party affiliation.

They wouldn't be in that situation, and that is exactly why I would then be okay with voting for them. Maybe we should end the corruption in the main parties so the candidate's platform actually matters.

Liberal_Spy

Third party? Why do they have to run third party instead of as Republicans?

Sooner or later everybody is going to realize that both main parties answer to the same bosses, and that the game was bought out and paid for a long time ago. I refuse to perpetuate the problem by voting for either side.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:26:59 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline R4 TrumPence

Keep in mind the mem from the leftist groups is to infiltrate conservative groups and push 3rd party by causing division in the groups... :pondering:

Repeating my post...ahem!!!! :nono:

Liberal_Spy

Repeating my post...ahem!!!! :nono:

Do you really believe that I am here to cause disunity and worsen the GOP schism in some sinister attempt to ensure left wing dominance?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:55:53 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline R4 TrumPence

Do you really believe that I am here with an ulterior motive to worsen the GOP schism in some sinister attempt to ensure left wing dominance?

:pondering:

Liberal_Spy

:pondering:
If that was my goal I would have tried to maximize my impact by infiltrating higher traffic websites. I also would have chosen a different name.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:02:23 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline R4 TrumPence

If that was my goal I would have tried to maximize my impact by infiltrating higher traffic websites.

Hey Cinderella If the shoe fits... well you know the rest  :whistle: :silly: