Author Topic: I'd like your input on an article I found.  (Read 6940 times)

Liberal_Spy

Re: I'd like your input on an article I found.
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 04:34:17 pm »
Probably not..but to be determined....I would of course appreciate you finally being honest with me.....hypothetically of course!

I swear on my about to be 1 year old son that I am not writing any left wing articles. I am also not writing any school papers, but honestly since I got here it has made me want to.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 04:46:33 pm »
I know it was co-founded by Becky Bond, Michael Kieschnick and James Rucker.

At you afraid to say it was the brainchild of and funded by George Soros?  And to admit what their purpose is.  It would seem so.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 05:01:14 pm »
I swear on my about to be 1 year old son that I am not writing any left wing articles. I am also not writing any school papers, but honestly since I got here it has made me want to.

I was just looking at your stats here..you are online a lot...do you work from home or does your employer allow this.....?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 05:09:15 pm »
I was just looking at your stats here..you are online a lot...do you work from home or does your employer allow this.....?

My PC at home stays on a lot, sometimes with this forum sitting in an open window.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:41:10 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 05:10:39 pm »

At you afraid to say it was the brainchild of and funded by George Soros?  And to admit what their purpose is.  It would seem so.

I've already said that I am against money influencing politics in any form or fashion. I think politicians should have open, fair discussions in a setting that most (all) voters have access to viewing, and that the people should decide from there.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 05:11:06 pm »
I take my laptop to class constantly and make posts, and my PC at home stays on a lot, sometimes with this forum sitting in an open window.

Class?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 05:14:13 pm »
I know you said you had prior military service..are you going on the GI Bill.....what is your major.....??

..btw my son gave his bride his GI Bill so she can get her Masters....
Support the USO

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 05:56:12 pm »
Would you support removing the big funding from both political parties? Everybody keeps saying "Citizens United is okay because the left does it too. They have tons of money they get from special interests and rich members of the left wing", but what I propose is not letting ANY of these guys pump their millions into politics, regardless of their political affiliation.

I would support the unrestricted funding of any candidate by any individual or group.

It is not money that corrupts politics, but politics that corrupts money.

A return to Constitutionally-limited government and a return of power to the states and to the people would result in money flowing elsewhere.  As of now, too much of it is wasted on the shakedown-and-protection racket into which our Federal government has largely devolved.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 06:01:47 pm »

A return to Constitutionally-limited government and a return of power to the states and to the people would result in money flowing elsewhere.  As of now, too much of it is wasted on the shakedown-and-protection racket into which our Federal government has largely devolved.

:amen:  :amen: and :amen:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:17:18 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013, 06:09:11 pm »
I'm interested in your opinions because finding common ground between left and right is (in my opinion) the only way to stop the government from completely destroying our freedoms. I think the horrible, giant schism between the left and right is intentional and perpetuated by the government to keep people more worried about screaming at each other than focusing on the real problem. I like to post things and put ideas out there for you guys to comment on, and then I can go through the posts and connect all the dots in the places we agree and have common ground. I thought my non-hostile presence might make some conservatives realize I and people like me are really not that bad.

Cool. I happen to agree with you here. While we (liberals and conservatives) argue, Rome burns. Meanwhile, establishment politicians get richer and richer. See: "Harry Reid."

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2013, 06:15:10 pm »
While we (liberals and conservatives) argue, Rome burns. Meanwhile, establishment politicians get richer and richer.

Yes, exactly.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2013, 06:19:42 pm »
The author complains:

What he doesn't get is this is exactly how a representative democracy (ie Republic) is supposed to work. Representatives are supposed to represent their constituents who elected them, not a political party. 

Agreed. But let's not just single out the 'rats. The government is so big today because both parties have been in on it; not just the 'rat party, but both establishment parties. Establishment politicians not only don't listen to constituents, they pay no heed to the constitution itself. And SCOTUS? Please. They're the worst bunch. Rewriting the constitution on the fly. Isn't that how we finally got Obamacare?

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2013, 06:21:38 pm »
The government is so big today because both parties have been in on it

:beer:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2013, 06:53:51 pm »
Agreed. But let's not just single out the 'rats. The government is so big today because both parties have been in on it; not just the 'rat party, but both establishment parties. Establishment politicians not only don't listen to constituents, they pay no heed to the constitution itself. And SCOTUS? Please. They're the worst bunch. Rewriting the constitution on the fly. Isn't that how we finally got Obamacare?

Why do you think BOTH parties are intent on destroying Cruz, Lee, Palin, etc.? Because they are the only people who stand between them and one-party, authoritarian rule, in Washington, DC.  They liked the autonomy they had to do as they pleased before the internet and that nasty ole Tea Party brought some people to DC who are actually doing what they told the voters they were going to do... what a novel concept - run on doing something and THEN do it.  That is called principle. Few in DC have a clue what this means.  Just as in the 1850/60's there was no difference between the Democrats and the Whigs today there isn't a scintilla of difference between 99.9% of the Democrats and the GOP. 

Like Andy said - it isn't the money that corrupts.  IMHO it is the lack of term limits for everyone that has corrupted the system. People like John McCain have no life outside of their jobs in DC and they will do everything short or murder to keep their jobs (and maybe even murder given this bunch of crooks).
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2013, 07:03:16 pm »
No disagreement here. I like Cruz, Lee and Palin. I would love it if we could get citizen legislators in DC instead of the professional leeches there now.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2013, 07:04:22 pm »

True, but remember.
Government grows when Democrats succeed with their stated goals and achieve their values.
Government grows when Republicans fail or abandon their stated goals or values (often purposefully).

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2013, 07:07:17 pm »
Yes, and my major is world history with a minor in world religion. My goal is to one day be a college professor.

Wow!

Task my advice and stop trying to understand conservatives RIGHT now or you are bound to fail!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2013, 07:27:12 pm »
Wow!

Task my advice and stop trying to understand conservatives RIGHT now or you are bound to fail!

Why am I bound to fail?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2013, 07:39:23 pm »
Why am I bound to fail?

Because where you profess to want to go will not look with favor on such an enterprise!

Believe me! I know this!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 07:46:21 pm »
Because where you profess to want to go will not look with favor on such an enterprise!

Believe me! I know this!

I've had several Republican/conservative professors. In fact I even got into a tiff with one over a C on a paper I wrote about climate change.  :P

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2013, 08:10:17 pm »
I've had several Republican/conservative professors. In fact I even got into a tiff with one over a C on a paper I wrote about climate change.  :P

I don't suppose you want to "share" what you wrote????

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2013, 08:14:14 pm »
I don't suppose you want to "share" what you wrote????

That paper is long gone if you were wanting me to share the actual paper. What I am referring to happened a couple of years ago while I was still taking classes for my AA.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2013, 08:41:06 pm »

Really??? Tell me again which University it is that you say you are attending.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Olivia

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2013, 08:49:01 pm »
Why do you think BOTH parties are intent on destroying Cruz, Lee, Palin, etc.? Because they are the only people who stand between them and one-party, authoritarian rule, in Washington, DC.  They liked the autonomy they had to do as they pleased before the internet and that nasty ole Tea Party brought some people to DC who are actually doing what they told the voters they were going to do... what a novel concept - run on doing something and THEN do it.  That is called principle. Few in DC have a clue what this means.  Just as in the 1850/60's there was no difference between the Democrats and the Whigs today there isn't a scintilla of difference between 99.9% of the Democrats and the GOP. 

Like Andy said - it isn't the money that corrupts.  IMHO it is the lack of term limits for everyone that has corrupted the system. People like John McCain have no life outside of their jobs in DC and they will do everything short or murder to keep their jobs (and maybe even murder given this bunch of crooks).

Very well said! 
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2013, 09:13:54 pm »
I would support the unrestricted funding of any candidate by any individual or group.

Is there anyone on this site who thinks there would have been even an attempt to pass anything like Obamacare into law if we had stuck to the original design of our government prior to the 17th amendment?

- J. R. R. Tolkien