General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

Shocker: ObamaCare Website Incompetently Designed as World's First Website Designed to Perform a Dedicated Denial of Service Attack on Itself;

<< < (2/2)

olde north church:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on October 09, 2013, 09:03:52 pm ---It was a purposeful strategy....having the site be inoperable.  Even for $634 Million dollars!!

They want a single-payer system.

--- End quote ---

I would have designed it for 10% of that!

DCPatriot:

--- Quote from: olde north church on October 12, 2013, 11:46:12 am ---I would have designed it for 10% of that!

--- End quote ---

Heard somebody on the radio the other day that said that he personally worked on the project....under government contract.

What he said the problem is.....that he would complete about 90% of a specific project and they would continuously amend the original contract specifications and as a result.....that final 10% was never able to be accomplished.

Everything was RUSH...RUSH...RUSH....but they never allowed him to complete a single project as originally ordered.

Oceander:

--- Quote ---One possible cause of the problems is that hitting "apply" on HealthCare.gov causes 92 separate files, plug-ins and other mammoth swarms of data to stream between the user's computer and the servers powering the government website, said Matthew Hancock, an independent expert in website design. He was able to track the files being requested through a feature in the Firefox browser.

Of the 92 he found, 56 were JavaScript files, including plug-ins that make it easier for code to work on multiple browsers (such as Microsoft Corp's Internet Explorer and Google Inc's Chrome) and let users upload files to HealthCare.gov.

It is not clear why the upload function was included.
--- End quote ---

That's good; uploading scripts that way is a good way to compromise your system - or some other user's system - by letting hackers upload malicious code.

Oceander:

--- Quote from: olde north church on October 12, 2013, 11:46:12 am ---I would have designed it for 10% of that!

--- End quote ---

And it'd probably be 110% better, too!

famousdayandyear:

--- Quote from: Oceander on October 12, 2013, 12:31:44 pm ---And it'd probably be 110% better, too!

--- End quote ---

Last I heard, contracts were given out to relatives of (gasp) big ole Obama donors.  And the latest estimates I heard (not including needed fixes) approached one billion--with a "B".  (Wonder why they bypassed the lovely Eric Schmidt for this project?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version