Author Topic: Obama accuses GOP of 'ideological crusade' on healthcare, shutdown  (Read 9624 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Obama accuses GOP of 'ideological crusade' on healthcare, shutdown
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2013, 02:49:21 am »
Who shut down the government?  Apparently you've been inhabiting some bizarro alternate reality.  The republicans have offered up all sorts of funding measures, comprehensive as well as piece-meal, and all of them have been shot down by Reid and the democrats for one sole reason:  none of them provides funding for Obastardcare.  Sorry, but in this reality it's Reid, Obama, and the democrats who have shut down the government and you ill-serve yourself and every other republican by playing into the hands of the democrats and repeating the lie that it was the republicans who shut down the government.

Yes. Of course.  I'll wait for the poll that confirms that the American public believes Obama and Reid have shut down the government.

It doesn't matter what I think, only what the voters think.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2013, 02:50:32 am »
If our side didn't do stupid stuff like shutdown the government

Surprised? Really? Just another of his Liberal talking points.

Now then.............IF he is a liberal then he's right.

His side DID shut down the government.    :whistle:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2013, 02:51:16 am »
I swear Sink... you are so in the tank for Democrat talking points it's beyond the pale.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2013, 02:51:53 am »
Yes. Of course.  I'll wait for the poll that confirms that the American public believes Obama and Reid have shut down the government.

It doesn't matter what I think, only what the voters think.

So, you believe we should never do the right thing because the media lies?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2013, 02:53:09 am »
So then, you have no solution.

I figured that.

I'm still waiting for yours.  I asked the question originally.

My solution is to let Obamacare's implementation fail and anger the public so much that Republicans take the Senate, pick up more seats in the House, and hang Obamacare around Hillary's neck so that the GOP owns the Presidency and the Congress in 2016.

That's as realistic as hoping that Obama will kill Obamacare.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2013, 02:53:12 am »

Which is how we got in this mess in the first place... I think what Ted Cruz and Mike Lee and a few others are doing is heroic, too bad others choose to fear them rather than support them.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2013, 02:54:08 am »
I swear Sink... you are so in the tank for Democrat talking points it's beyond the pale.

How's following Ted Cruz workin' out for you?  Just how is this going to end, Rap?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2013, 02:55:18 am »

The GOP House has voted 41 times to repeal Obamacare.  That's the right thing. I agree it's the right thing.

Has Obamacare been repealed?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2013, 03:00:25 am »
The GOP House has voted 41 times to repeal Obamacare.  That's the right thing. I agree it's the right thing.

No it hasn't! Which means that they will have to do it a 42nd time and perhaps a 43rd maybe even a 44th or 55th but they should not stop trying until it's done!

When has giving up on ones principles ever resulted in victory Sink? When?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:02:27 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

famousdayandyear

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2013, 03:03:10 am »
How's following Ted Cruz workin' out for you?  Just how is this going to end, Rap?

Rap.  Here it is.  The only purpose for the back/forth of this thread is to focus attention on shitstir, I mean sinkspur.   Because he brings nothing to this forum but division, with no real alternative working solution.  Much like the rats' strategery; divide and conquer.   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2013, 03:03:39 am »
I'm still waiting for yours.  I asked the question originally.

My solution is to let Obamacare's implementation fail and anger the public so much that Republicans take the Senate, pick up more seats in the House, and hang Obamacare around Hillary's neck so that the GOP owns the Presidency and the Congress in 2016.

That's as realistic as hoping that Obama will kill Obamacare.

In the mean time, while we're 'waiting,' people will be denied healthcare, hospitals will close, people will continue to lose jobs, the economy will suffer immeasurably, and we're just waiting??

Sometimes principle preempts what you consider to be 'realism.'  History is filled with examples of that.

Like our own Revolution.

Doing the right thing isn't always pleasant, nor easy.

But sitting and waiting for political possibilities while people are suffering is not an option, IMO.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2013, 03:05:42 am »

Not yet.

But the Republicans are on record as standing up more than forty times against policy that hurts people, and hurts them badly.

As Bigun said........... giving up one's principles NEVER results in victory.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2013, 03:06:29 am »
and it was only 10% of the population that carried the day and the issue forth in the Revolution.  Without that 10% we'd be subject to the crown.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2013, 03:15:49 am »
Rap.  Here it is.  The only purpose for the back/forth of this thread is to focus attention on shitstir, I mean sinkspur.   Because he brings nothing to this forum but division, with no real alternative working solution.  Much like the rats' strategery; divide and conquer.   

I'm having a serious dialogue with posters, and you come along and vomit out your usual jerky comments.

What is YOUR solution?   

Put up or shut up.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2013, 03:16:26 am »
and it was only 10% of the population that carried the day and the issue forth in the Revolution.  Without that 10% we'd be subject to the crown.

Which is apropos of nothing.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2013, 03:18:13 am »

Only 3% were active combatants in the American Revolution.  Hence the symbol
l

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2013, 03:29:53 am »
You're on ignore, jerkweed. Just exactly what does your trash talk add to the discussion?

Are you still in high school?

And what does your dismissive, pointless talk contribute to the discussion.

Other than "wait," you have given NO solutions to the problem we face with the destruction of our nation.

How does that contribute to anything?

Waiting till Obamacare falls on its face could take years, and by that time, America could well be taken down with Obamacare.

I'm beginning to think you don't know what's in the bill..........

famousdayandyear

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2013, 03:32:34 am »
You're on ignore, jerkweed. Just exactly what does your trash talk add to the discussion?

Are you still in high school?

A tad bit more entertainment value than your boring know-it-all-ness, suh.

Oceander

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2013, 03:36:02 am »
OKay.  Well, good luck with that.   Obama has the bully pulpit and we don't. 

Really?  I thought your panties were in such a twist precisely because Cruz had taken over the bully pulpit.  You need to get your stories straight.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2013, 03:37:27 am »

Other than "wait," you have given NO solutions to the problem we face with the destruction of our nation.

Waiting till Obamacare falls on its face could take years, and by that time, America could well be taken down with Obamacare.

I've laid out my solution.  You don't like it, so you ignore it.

Good night, lady.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2013, 03:38:37 am »
Really?  I thought your panties were in such a twist precisely because Cruz had taken over the bully pulpit.  You need to get your stories straight.

So tell me what this has to do with anything.  What's your solution to the shutdown?

famousdayandyear

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2013, 03:45:31 am »
So tell me what this has to do with anything.  What's your solution to the shutdown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZclddLcOYYA

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2013, 04:24:12 am »

I've read the entire thread.  Gimme a break....He brings a helluva lot to the discussion.

Otherwise this would have been just another OORAH thread pumping up Cruz.

And I thought that's NOT what we're here for....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

famousdayandyear

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2013, 04:35:31 am »

I've read the entire thread.  Gimme a break....He brings a helluva lot to the discussion.

Otherwise this would have been just another OORAH thread pumping up Cruz.

And I thought that's NOT what we're here for....

Serious.  Exactly what is his approach/strategy/solution proposed herein.  I swear I missed it.

And DC, one more thing.  Your BFF's snarky condescending comport is an anomaly here for the most part.  If you disagree, well no more be said in defense.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:42:28 am by famousdayandyear »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2013, 04:40:13 am »
Serious.  Exactly what is his approach/strategy/solution proposed herein.  I swear I missed it.

He told you that the way there is to allow the full weight of it to come down on the people....hold the House and WIN the Senate....politically castrate Obama and starve/repeal Obamacare in 2016....destroying Hillary's chances in the process.

He said that giving Obama the bully pulpit daily creating a negative media image of Republicans in the House....the extremists...puts 2014 in jeopardy.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald