Author Topic: President Obama will deliver a statement in the White House briefing room at 4:45 P.M.  (Read 5065 times)

Offline happyg

Bill Turner ‏@Triumphant129  51s 
My question is, if the shut down effects non-essential services, why aren't they shut down perm?   #HarryReidsShutdown

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Speaker John Boehner ‏@SpeakerBoehner 51m

The House will pass another bill to keep the govt running & provide #FairnessForAll Americans under #ObamaCare http://
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Obama: Social Security and Medicare checks will go forward, as will air traffic control, mail delivery, border control, etc, during shutdown
has he started to speak yet?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eric Cantor ‏@GOPLeader 1m

Senate Dems can choose to keep government open, rather than close it to protect themselves and friends from Obamacare.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
David Freddoso ‏@freddoso 34s

So, how much extra time does one day of shutdown buy us on the debt ceiling?

Jonah Goldberg ‏@JonahNRO 23m

Essential personnel: Teleprompter operators.
Support the USO

Offline flowers

Has he started to speak yet?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
has he started to speak yet?

He's done...speech lasted 10mins w/no questions
Support the USO

Offline flowers

thanks

Offline Rapunzel

Issa to Propose Bill to Force Obama Officials into Obamacare Exchanges MAKE BARRY'S PPL HAVE OBAMACARE

RCP: Ed Henry To Carney: Why Is Obama Willing To Negotiate With Iran, But Not Republicans?

This is what Doctor Carson told Cavuto this afternoon, he said send them a bill making it mandatory EVERYONE goes into Obamacare, no exemptions for anyone...... and then watch the rats sweat.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

He might as well have sent a recording of one of the several times he has already given this speech!

Groundhog day anyone?

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

let me guess , he blamed everyone else but his party?  He said children won't get fresh air anymore at midnight?  He said the sky will no longer be blue? Oh and republicans must die?   :smokin:

Offline Cincinnatus

Doctor Carson...said send them a bill making it mandatory EVERYONE goes into Obamacare, no exemptions for anyone

I just sent emails to each of my 2 very, very Liberal senators asking them both to give me one good reason they should not be enrolled in Adorable Health Care seeing as they both voted for it. I asked them why if it was good enough for everyone else, why isn't it good enough for them. If I ever get a reply, and it isn't complete puffery and doubletalk, I will post them on here.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Millee

let me guess , he blamed everyone else but his party?  He said children won't get fresh air anymore at midnight?  He said the sky will no longer be blue? Oh and republicans must die?   :smokin:

Are you sure you didn't listen??   :beer:

Offline flowers

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Todd Starnes
Obama is speaking to the nation. Here's the short version:

"Obey me! Kneel before Barack."
Like ·  · Share · 1,491351341 · 31 minutes ago near New York, NY ·

Todd Starnes
Obama: 'It's important that Americans realize federal govt is USA's largest employer.' And that's the problem, sir.
Support the USO

Offline Lando Lincoln

Todd Starnes
Obama: 'It's important that Americans realize federal govt is USA's largest employer.' And that's the problem, sir.

Indeed.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline happyg

Barbara Teixeira ‏@BarbArn  1m 
Just heard #HarryReid say "We are not going to be bullied'" Listen Slimey Harry,YOU ARE THE BULLY! #HarryReidsShutdown

Cong. Tim Huelskamp ‏@CongHuelskamp  1m 
Whew… at least Lois Lerner’s pension is safe during #HarryReidsShutdown. #IRS #TeaParty #MakeDCListen

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I note that this was delayed exactly 15 minutes, timed to start at the top of the 5:00 local news on most stations. In other words, Obama was bound and determined to make his spin the top story.

And most stations fell for it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline happyg

@RepDonaldPayne #HarryReidsShutdown is because he doesn't want to lose his #Obamacare exemption. You voted for it but won't use it? #tyranny

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Todd Starnes
Moderate Republicans in the House are starting to waver. Word that Obama and Boehner had a 10-minute telephone call just moments ago.

I'm waiting for the NSA's transcript of the phone call.

Fox reporting that Obama made the call not Boehner... Fox panel suggest that the admin must feel this isn't going the way they planned.....I imagine the polls aren't favoring Obama
Support the USO

Offline happyg

Todd Starnes
Moderate Republicans in the House are starting to waver. Word that Obama and Boehner had a 10-minute telephone call just moments ago.

Fox reporting that Obama made the call not Boehner... Fox panel suggest that the admin must feel this isn't going the way they planned.....I imagine the polls aren't favoring Obama

I hope you are right, but I don't have faith in Boehner. I hope he holds strong...and is sober!

Offline Cincinnatus

I'm waiting for the NSA's transcript of the phone call. 888sunglass
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Todd Starnes

Think about that.....the first sentence says the Pubbies are getting wobbly.....the next sentence says that Obama is going wobbly.   :shrug:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald