Author Topic: Harry Reid Warns House Republicans: Pass My Bill or Government Will Shut Down  (Read 1468 times)

Offline happyg

Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid issued a warning to House Republicans on Friday, saying if they don’t pass the Senate’s continuing resolution bill soon the federal government will shut down.

“I want everyone to listen and to hear: The United States Senate has acted,” Reid said on the Senate floor, according to The Hill. “This is the only legislation that can avert a government shutdown, and that time is ticking as we speak.”

Reid reportedly made the comments before the Senate closed until Monday. The Senate passed legislation will fund the federal government until mid-November, according to The Hill.

“In the meantime … if Speaker [John] Boehner wants to avoid a government shutdown, he will pass our resolution,” Reid said. “Otherwise, it’s a government shutdown.”

“The bill would pass, the bill that we just passed, would pass the House overwhelmingly, if the Speaker had the courage to bring it to the floor and let 435 of the House of Representatives vote,” Reid added.

The House will meet Saturday to begin reviewing the Senate bill. Earlier this month, the House inserted language into the continuing resolution bill that stripped President Barack Obama’s landmark healthcare bill of funding.

Reid, however, reinserted funding and said Friday the Senate is “going to accept nothing as it related to Obamacare.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/28/harry-reid-warns-house-republicans-pass-my-bill-or-government-will-shut-down/

Offline Lando Lincoln

Reid issues the ultimatum, yet it is the Republicans who will be blamed.  The mainstream media said so.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=5AFDE760-A1D1-4F46-A79F-7176D65638ED

Reid: Senate will ‘reject’ House CR plan
I would think Reid/obama would want to delay it till 2014 (midterms). The nightmare stories will be over a year old by then.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:08:10 pm by flowers »

Offline Olivia

I would think Reid/obama would want to delay it till 2014 (midterms). The nightmare stories will be over a year old by then.

Well, there can't be that many people left since Obama's given exemptions to almost the entire democrat half of the United States., including the federal government and all it's employees.

If you add in the Medicaid, Medicare recipients then you have nothing left but the the small percentage of working Americans that are still trying to bring home a paycheck. 
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Lando Lincoln

Not necessarily a fan of JFK's but thought this was fitting.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck