Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>>>Ted Cruz Talking Filibuster in progress  (Read 27130 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Ted Cruz Talking Filibuster in progress
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2013, 11:38:20 pm »
This Ph.D would disagree with Sink......

Linda Suhler, Ph.D. ‏@LindaSuhler 44m

Now in the 5th hour of filibuster, Senator Cruz's presentation is flawless and impassioned. What a speaker! What a leader!

Not much of a Ph.D.  It's not a filibuster. No vote is being stopped.

By the way, anybody whom nobody's ever heard of feels the need to put "Ph.D" at the end of her name is a bit arrogant herself.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2013, 11:39:17 pm »
Now Cruz is Reagan.  You're hellbent to put Cruz into the pantheon of great men when all he's done so far is embarrassed himself.

And once again you intentionally miss the point...it is not that Cruz is a Reagan it is that you can advance a cause by losing with principle and a consistent voice. History is replete with examples in many fields.  I will not burden you with any more examples that you can twist in your personal anger at this particular Republican Senator.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2013, 11:39:58 pm »
Well, I don't care what Cruz's motives are..he is saying and doing something...saying what all of us feel..
Yes myst, he is.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2013, 11:40:04 pm »
Liz Cheney ‏@Liz_Cheney 1h

#StandwithCruz - Ted is an example, too rare in Washington, of having the courage of your convictions.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2013, 11:40:22 pm »
He's been to Iowa three times.  Why the hell else, unless you're from Iowa, would a Senator go to Iowa?

I've been to Iowa several times in the past year and I'm not running for President. Seriously though, he is the vice-chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee. It is part of his job. At that, he has been to most States with Republican Senators. In Iowa's case, he was there with Charles Grassley. Cruz and Grassley have been working closely on bills to protect the 2nd Amendment. http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/294499-sens-grassley-and-cruz-present-alternative-gun-bill  So yea, he would go there if he was working with the Senator from Iowa.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2013, 11:42:14 pm »
I've been to Iowa several times in the past year and I'm not running for President. Seriously though, he is the vice-chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee. It is part of his job. At that, he has been to most States with Republican Senators. In Iowa's case, he was there with Charles Grassley. Cruz and Grassley have been working closely on bills to protect the 2nd Amendment. http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/294499-sens-grassley-and-cruz-present-alternative-gun-bill  So yea, he would go there if he was working with the Senator from Iowa.

AB you are letting facts get in the way..... donchaknow....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2013, 11:43:39 pm »
Well, I don't care what Cruz's motives are..he is saying and doing something...saying what all of us feel..

Right on Myst! A stark contrast to the "wait until next year" BS I've been hearing for 40 years from elected republicans!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:44:37 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2013, 11:47:09 pm »
AB you are letting facts get in the way

He's not the only one but this guy Sinkspur seems either oblivious or totally impervious to them.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2013, 11:48:02 pm »
And once again you intentionally miss the point...it is not that Cruz is a Reagan it is that you can advance a cause by losing with principle and a consistent voice. History is replete with examples in many fields.  I will not burden you with any more examples that you can twist in your personal anger at this particular Republican Senator.

:pondering:  :pondering: :pondering: I am old enough to remember the media of the day saying Reagan was embarrassing himself staying in his first presidential race because he kept losing, kept losing and then losing some more  - state after state (In those days it took more than Iowa and NH to annoint the candidate)...... then a funny thing happened, he started to win... and win big. See people suddenly noticed this upstart and liked what they saw... ended up winning so many electorial votes the GOPe of the day had to give him a major speaking role in the convention... the next time he ran he went all the way...... but he started it all with people laughing at him and saying an actor didn't stand a chance in hell of being elected President of the USA.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2013, 11:48:41 pm »
AB you are letting facts get in the way

He's not the only one but this guy Sinkspur seems either oblivious or totally impervious to them.

~LOL~ I was teasing AB.. I left off the /s tag... 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2013, 11:49:52 pm »

:)

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2013, 11:51:16 pm »
@BenHowe 27m

@AustenWhipple Republican Party is a club. Conservatism is a way of thinking. I'm not committed to a club. @Hirkala26 @RagCon @GayPatriot

Offline happyg

« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2013, 11:52:01 pm »
They made fun of Reagan's preference for jelly beans. Called him a B rated movie star. If he opened his mouth, he was trashed by the democrats and media. Even so, Reagan carried 49 of the 50 states.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2013, 11:54:00 pm »
Rand Paul is taking twitter questions for Senator Cruz right now... so I guess Paul will return to the floor at some point.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2013, 11:54:01 pm »
bbl I can't sit in this chair any longer I am getting sore

be nice :whistle:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:54:44 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2013, 11:54:38 pm »
They made fun of Reagan's preference for jelly beans. Called him a B rated movie star. If he opened his mouth, he was trashed by the democrats and media. Even so, Reagan carried 49 of the 50 states.

Yep... and the GOPe never forgave him for it....

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2013, 11:55:15 pm »
McConnell I hope is history...can't tell me the good people of Kentucky want this boondoggle called Obamacare.

He won't be getting THIS Kentuckian's vote!   **nononono*
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline happyg

« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2013, 11:55:52 pm »

I guess you are sore. I'm getting sore, and I didn't just have surgery. Go rest. We'll be good.  :0001:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2013, 11:56:08 pm »
Cruz said Obamacare is a wealth transfer program from healthy young people to others who are not as healthy. He said lawmakers looked at young people and "licked their chops" and emphasized that one could not design a law that would hurt young people as much as Obamacare if lawmakers deliberately tried.

Update: Cruz Speaks Fluently About Football

In discussing all of the establishments and universities that are cutting hours because of Obamacare, Cruz read that the University of Alabama is capping work hours for students at 20. He kidded that that "may be justifiable punishment for their having beaten Texas A&M," but "it is still not good for students who would like to work more than 20 hours a week." Earlier, Cruz said he hated the Pittsburgh Steelers because the "Steel Curtain" teams would pound his Houston Oilers, led by Earl Campbell, while Cruz was a child in Texas during the 1970s.
Support the USO

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2013, 11:56:16 pm »

Oh, I got that, but it was AbaraXas who gave lie to the allegation Cruz has less experience than Obama for being President and who provided the rationale for any trips Cruz has made to IA, among other things. Meanwhile Sinkspur ignores it all and continues to indulge in his talking points.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2013, 11:57:16 pm »
He and Mike Lee both must have pretty much photographic memories... Lee was quoting the Federalist papers without any props word for word.

Offline happyg

« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2013, 11:57:44 pm »

Oh, I got that, but it was AbaraXas who gave lie to the allegation Cruz has less experience than Obama for being President and who provided the rationale for any trips Cruz has made to IA, among other things. Meanwhile Sinkspur ignores it all and continues to indulge in his talking points.

Heck, Obummer still doesn't have any experience at being president. I reckon he never will.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2013, 11:58:49 pm »

If I am reading what you wrote here correctly - and it is possible I'm not - AB actually listed all of Cruz's accomplishments in toto and praised him in response to another post up thread....

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2013, 12:00:13 am »

I'll keep an eye on 'em myst! 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck