General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

And the Best Engine 2013 is. . .

(1/6) > >>

famousdayandyear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWKQhkny06A

truth_seeker:
Ford of Germany has turned out excellent vehicles for many decades.

The latest version of the acclaimed Ford Focus is essentially a Ford of Europe creation.

I bet the winning Ford Engine is designed in Europe, too. Most of what is taking place will all automakers was leading edge a few years back in Europe; namely smaller displacement, fewer cylinders, with turbocharging.

The base 5 series BMW, Audi A6, and Jags are all turbo 4 cylinder power plants. They have MORE horsepower and torque than V8s and 6s of just a few years ago. And higher fuel economy, as well.

famousdayandyear:
Gah.  I just thought it was a very funny video.

ABX:

--- Quote from: truth_seeker on September 17, 2013, 11:25:51 pm ---Ford of Germany has turned out excellent vehicles for many decades.

The latest version of the acclaimed Ford Focus is essentially a Ford of Europe creation.

I bet the winning Ford Engine is designed in Europe, too. Most of what is taking place will all automakers was leading edge a few years back in Europe; namely smaller displacement, fewer cylinders, with turbocharging.

The base 5 series BMW, Audi A6, and Jags are all turbo 4 cylinder power plants. They have MORE horsepower and torque than V8s and 6s of just a few years ago. And higher fuel economy, as well.

--- End quote ---

One thing I've noticed in my constant business travels is it seems domestic brands in the US are released several years behind Europe.  A good example is the Ford Mondeo in the UK. I saw the new model Taurus in the US and recognized it as the Mondeo from about 3 years ago. (the 2011 Mondeo has similar technology's the 2014 Taurus. The 2012 Mondeo had the same body styling (with new Aston styled grill) as the 14 Taurus). 

Oceander:

--- Quote from: AbaraXas on September 17, 2013, 11:57:44 pm ---One thing I've noticed in my constant business travels is it seems domestic brands in the US are released several years behind Europe.  A good example is the Ford Mondeo in the UK. I saw the new model Taurus in the US and recognized it as the Mondeo from about 3 years ago. (the 2011 Mondeo has similar technology's the 2014 Taurus. The 2012 Mondeo had the same body styling (with new Aston styled grill) as the 14 Taurus). 

--- End quote ---

Interesting.  Any thoughts on why?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version