Author Topic: Americans in 'Poverty' Have TVs, VCRs, Cell Phones, Air Conditioning  (Read 1490 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/11/Americans-in-Poverty-Have-TVs-VCRs-Cell-Phones-Air-Conditioning

by William Bigelow 12 Sep 2013, 3:18 AM PDT 53 post a comment
American poverty just ain’t what it used to be. A new report from the Census Bureau found that 80.9% of households considered poverty stricken have cell phones along with their landline phones, and 58.2% have computers. 96.1% of those in “poverty” have televisions, and 83% have some sort of DVR.

The percentage owning refrigerators? 97.8%

Gas or electric stoves? 96.6%.

Microwaves? 93.2%

Air conditioning? Over 83%.

Washer? 68.7%

Dryer? 65.3%

People still don’t mind washing dishes, apparently; only 44.9% surveyed had a dishwasher.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Americans in 'Poverty' Have TVs, VCRs, Cell Phones, Air Conditioning
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 03:12:59 am »
Control the definitions of things and you control the world.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 03:17:53 am »
Not just cell phones, the latest and greatest smart phone.

Not just a TV, a 60+ inch LCD TV.

A pimped out Cadillac with rims worth more than my 10 year old truck and 2-3 gold teeth.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 03:34:02 am »
Americans in 'Poverty' Have TVs, VCRs, Cell Phones, Air Conditioning

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 03:42:25 am »
Hey, I still have one.  Comes in handy now and then since it also has a DVD recorder and I can copy an old VHS tape if needed.  Transferred all of my family's home moves that way.  Pretty much it just gets used as a DVD player in the computer room.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 04:18:08 am »

My father-in-law, and if you're not careful, I'll subject you to one of his lectures on the subject!