General Category > World News

Obama says he will address nation Tuesday on Syria

(1/2) > >>

flowers:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_OBAMA_SYRIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-09-06-10-05-08

--- Quote ---ST. PETERSBURG, Russia (AP) -- President Barack Obama says he will address the nation about Syria on Tuesday as he seeks public and congressional authority for military action against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

Obama wants to strike against the Syrian regime in response to a chemical attack on civilians last month that the Obama administration says was carried out by Assad's military. Obama says failing to chemical weapons use would , quote, "send a signal to rogue nations."

Obama spoke at a news conference at the conclusion of a Group of 20
--- End quote ---

Hmmm I wonder what the Tuesday angle is?

new gadsen8888 

ABX:

--- Quote from: flowers on September 06, 2013, 03:24:07 pm ---

Hmmm I wonder what the Tuesday angle is?

--- End quote ---

Look at Wednesday's date (and the vote is also Wednesday)

famousdayandyear:
If anybody cares, raise your hand.  Me, I could care less what the SCOAMF has to say.

Olivia:
The bright side is that he's giving us a warning!   :laugh:

Obama's ego is so big that he actually thinks he can persuade a nation by the sound of his voice. A voice filled with lies, passing blame, pretending to stay above the fray, and criticizing all who dare to think differently. That will be the summation of his speech after he berates the ones that defy him.

famousdayandyear:

--- Quote from: Olivia on September 06, 2013, 11:06:04 pm ---The bright side is that he's giving us a warning!   :laugh:

Obama's ego is so big that he actually thinks he can persuade a nation by the sound of his voice. A voice filled with lies, passing blame, pretending to stay above the fray, and criticizing all who dare to think differently. That will be the summation of his speech after he berates the ones that defy him.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Olivia, for putting my thoughts into  language.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version