Author Topic: Obama Greets Putin with 'Historic Death Stare' at G-20 Summit  (Read 6778 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Obama Greets Putin with 'Historic Death Stare' at G-20 Summit
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 02:27:36 am »

Do you make sauce?   

I make really, really good Swedish meatballs.......  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 02:30:10 am »
I don't what to think anymore. Obama is a disaster, but crazy McCain might be blowing up the world by now. We have GOT to get a third party. The two we have are both equally bad.

The world IS blowing up now.

And Obama's the crazy one who's doing it.

And NO WAY the Republican party is as bad as the Democrat party.

Not even close.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 02:30:23 am »

hmmmm.....I'm Sicilian.    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 03:07:50 am »

Oh, that's OK.....

I can make the Italian kind too.

(I grew up near Youngstown, OH.  Little Chicago.  Lots of Sicilians there!  Lots of great sauce, too.  :beer:)

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 03:25:24 am »

Ah, a Greek with a gun. I myself used to have a country named after me - Potuguese Guinea.  :smokin:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Oceander

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 03:28:01 am »

Hmmm.  My grandma on my dad's side came from Sweden when she was a little girl, and she made some killer Swedish meatballs!

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 03:29:10 am »

Do you make sauce?   

If your people are non "Whitesauce WOPs" [from north of Rome], the correct term is "Gravy".  :tongue2:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 04:56:50 am »
If your people are non "Whitesauce WOPs" [from north of Rome], the correct term is "Gravy".  :tongue2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fduyvoBqIOI

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 10:25:49 am »
Somehow I don't think we would have fared any better with crazy McCain.
At first I was going to agree with musiclady and say of course we would have been better off with McCain as president (I supported McCain in '08). But, would we have been better off? I'm not so sure. Mr Maverick blew it in '08 and was ready to jump into Syria now until he changed his mind. His actions can be pretty loopy.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 02:00:48 pm »
At first I was going to agree with musiclady and say of course we would have been better off with McCain as president (I supported McCain in '08). But, would we have been better off? I'm not so sure. Mr Maverick blew it in '08 and was ready to jump into Syria now until he changed his mind. His actions can be pretty loopy.

Ah, yes..........but think of the advisors he would have had relative to the anti-American Marxists Obama has.  Think of Obama's hatred for the military.

Yeah, he's loopy and makes us crazy, but compared to a traitor?  NO comparison.

I'm sure we would have been better off with McCain.

Sure.

Edited to add..........I am NOT supporting McCain here......he's daft.  Only in comparison with a Muslim sympathizing Communist punk.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:06:42 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 02:02:34 pm »
Hmmm.  My grandma on my dad's side came from Sweden when she was a little girl, and she made some killer Swedish meatballs!

I got my recipe from a Swede, and my 100% Swedish blood (and taste buds!) allows me to make the finest meatballs this side of the Atlantic.   :laugh:

Offline LambChop

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 03:13:30 pm »

As Grandma says  "sauce comes in a jar, real Italians make gravy"   :beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 04:19:00 pm »
As Grandma says  "sauce comes in a jar, real Italians make gravy"   :beer:

That's interesting because we came here from Sicily in 1956. My parents and I, we always called it tomato sauce.  I thought only Americans called it gravy. I always found it amusing when I heard tomato sauce referred to as 'gravy'. I've learned something new here.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:55:34 am by aligncare »

Offline LambChop

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 06:44:44 pm »
That's interesting because we came here from Sicily in 1956, my parents and I--in fact, half my extended family is still in Sicilia.  We always called it tomato sauce.  I thought only Americans called it gravy. I always found it amusing when I heard tomato sauce referred to as 'gravy'. I've learned something new here.

Amused or not, no matter.  Fact still remains the term "gravy" is a proper use for what is family Sunday dinner.
And Grandma's origins are Foggia, so no it's not only Americans that call is so.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 07:10:39 pm »
Hey - any recipes you guys can give me would be GREATLY appreciated! 

My roots are Appalachian, so "gravy" to me is something you put over biscuits (if you haven't tried it, you're really missing something).

I know this is a  :hijack:  so I apologize up front about that.   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 07:21:51 pm »
Hey - any recipes you guys can give me would be GREATLY appreciated! 

My roots are Appalachian, so "gravy" to me is something you put over biscuits (if you haven't tried it, you're really missing something).

I know this is a  :hijack:  so I apologize up front about that.   

I do believe the thread got hijacked a while back.    ^-^

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 07:36:24 pm »
I'd be happy to share one of my recipes for pasta sauce with anyone who wants them (yeah, I do pretty much all the cooking and grilling in the house).  My three favorites are puttanesca, white clam sauce and Pesto Genovese

And I'll just say this: I've got a killer hot chili recipe, which I've perfected over the years, and I think I've finally found a name for it - Andy's "Historic Death Stare" Chili.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

famousdayandyear

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:55 pm »
I'm tired of this thread.  Can  it be moved to Members only?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2013, 07:45:13 pm »
I'd be happy to share one of my recipes for pasta sauce with anyone who wants them (yeah, I do pretty much all the cooking and grilling in the house).  My three favorites are puttanesca, white clam sauce and Pesto Genovese

And I'll just say this: I've got a killer hot chili recipe, which I've perfected over the years, and I think I've finally found a name for it - Andy's "Historic Death Stare" Chili.

Thanks Andy.  In the interest of not peeving anybody else on this thread - could you start a new one with those recipes (or send them to me in private mail)?  The Historic Death Stare Chili sounds divine!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

famousdayandyear

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013, 07:48:35 pm »
Thanks Andy.  In the interest of not peeving anybody else on this thread - could you start a new one with those recipes (or send them to me in private mail)?  The Historic Death Stare Chili sounds divine!

Great idea, Alice.  Thank you for paying attention to the rest of us and the original topic.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2013, 08:04:50 pm »
I'm tired of this thread.  Can  it be moved to Members only?

Really. Talk about hijacking a thread. Why don't you just start a cooking thread.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2013, 08:49:58 pm »
Geez.....all I did was ask her if she made sauce.     :silly:

famousdayandyear

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2013, 08:57:39 pm »
Geez.....all I did was ask her if she made sauce.     :silly:

If you're so into sauce (which we assume you are), why don't you start a sauce thread? We're waiting with our collective tongues hanging out.

Offline raml

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2013, 09:32:04 pm »
If we had McCain as president we would be in world war 3 by now. Romney would have been ok but not McCain. Who knew how far gone McCain was in 2008 we saw a bit of his stupidity when he really never campaigned and seemed to be more for Obama than himself but I know I had no idea he was this liberal. No matter who the country chose in 2008 we were screwed. We had a chance in 2012 with Romney but voter fraud took away that choice. Romney really didn't fight hard enough for election either I would have liked to see him take stronger stances on issues and fight back on all the dirty politics but he didn't.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2013, 10:12:07 pm »
If we had McCain as president we would be in world war 3 by now. Romney would have been ok but not McCain. Who knew how far gone McCain was in 2008 we saw a bit of his stupidity when he really never campaigned and seemed to be more for Obama than himself but I know I had no idea he was this liberal. No matter who the country chose in 2008 we were screwed. We had a chance in 2012 with Romney but voter fraud took away that choice. Romney really didn't fight hard enough for election either I would have liked to see him take stronger stances on issues and fight back on all the dirty politics but he didn't.

I said it above, but I'll say it again.  With McCain, there would have been pro-American advisors.  With McCain there would have been (at least some level of) patriotism.

We may have been 'screwed' if he were elected, but America wouldn't have been completely destroyed, morally, militarily, and in the realm of national security and national reputation.

There is no politician alive who would have been as bad as Barack Obama is.