General Category > Military/Defense News

Special Ops worried about adding women.

(1/2) > >>

rangerrebew:

Instead of the military proving women can't handle it, shouldn't it be women proving the can?  It doesn't matter, its another stab at the military Obama so hates.

http://blurbrain.com/special-operations-concerned-about-adding-women/#comment-27261 :Odance:

EC:
I have worked with women I would have at my side at any time - day, night or whenever the excrement hits the rotating air movement system. I have worked with men I didn't trust armed within a county of me.

It's down to the person. Not the sex. Not the color. Not the size. Two things and two things only. Can they do the job. Will they do the job. That's all that matters.

Oceander:

--- Quote from: EC on July 15, 2013, 06:58:11 pm ---I have worked with women I would have at my side at any time - day, night or whenever the excrement hits the rotating air movement system. I have worked with men I didn't trust armed within a county of me.

It's down to the person. Not the sex. Not the color. Not the size. Two things and two things only. Can they do the job. Will they do the job. That's all that matters.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely.

Atomic Cow:
The problem is, the military will be forced to lower the standards in order to allow the desired quota of women into special forces.

Few women have the physical stamina needed for that kind of job.  I know of very few who can carry 120lbs of gear on their back while dragging a wounded comrade who's body alone weighs at least 170lbs.

EC:

--- Quote from: Atomic Cow on July 18, 2013, 04:35:33 am ---The problem is, the military will be forced to lower the standards in order to allow the desired quota of women into special forces.

Few women have the physical stamina needed for that kind of job.  I know of very few who can carry 120lbs of gear on their back while dragging a wounded comrade who's body alone weighs at least 170lbs.

--- End quote ---

It's not what you can haul, my friend. It is what you can use and how well you can use it. Look, you can carry a couple hundred pounds of gear for days on minimal water and no food. Can you hit what you aim at? I can carry a 170 lb person for a mile if I absolutely have to. Painful since I weigh under 170 myself. A jeep can do it easier, faster and without the recovery time (roughly 4 days - it is hard work). Should we replace all soldiers with jeeps? One of my colleagues - a woman and lady - could haul her .50 for miles and ask which eye you wanted taking out of the target from nearly a mile away. I don't buy this crap.

This isn't our grandfathers military. If women can do the job - let them. There are plenty of women even on here who can out shoot, outrun and basically out perform the men in every important metric of combat. You want something to carry some one, get a forklift. I don't know about you, but I have zero problem with carrying a spare couple of mags to lighten their load if I have a crack shot covering my backside. Keeping breathing takes priority over everything else.

There is the protective aspect, sure. That goes out the window the first time you see some 5 foot 5, 120lb woman throwing a 7 foot tall soldier around like he is filled with feathers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version