Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread: 2013-2016  (Read 117962 times)

Offline Paladin

Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread
« Reply #625 on: September 05, 2015, 06:30:30 am »
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #626 on: September 05, 2015, 03:33:25 pm »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #628 on: September 06, 2015, 01:45:58 pm »
Not sure where to put this but just watch Bartolo Colon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp-27Sb-Vyg
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #629 on: September 06, 2015, 06:55:01 pm »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #630 on: September 06, 2015, 08:06:40 pm »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #631 on: September 07, 2015, 01:55:39 am »

Godzilla

« Reply #632 on: September 07, 2015, 02:14:39 am »

Godzilla

« Reply #633 on: September 07, 2015, 02:20:43 am »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Godzilla

« Reply #635 on: September 07, 2015, 02:42:29 am »
AMV Hell 3 - long, but I daresay that there isn't a person alive that won't laugh at some point in it.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v19748291bY3YttGy

Oceander

« Reply #637 on: September 07, 2015, 03:42:26 am »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #638 on: September 07, 2015, 04:18:48 pm »
A group of men, all age 40, discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the waitresses there were gorgeous, with tight skirts, lean legs and very attractive.

Ten years later, at age 50, the friends once again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the food and service were good and the wine selection was excellent.

Ten years later, at age 60, the friends again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at the Ocean View restaurant because they could dine in peace and quiet and the restaurant had a beautiful view of the ocean.

Ten years later, at age 70, the friends discussed where they should meet for lunch Finally it was agreed that they would meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the restaurant was wheelchair accessible and had a lift.

Ten years later, at age 80, the friends discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at the Ocean View Restaurant because they had never been there before and had heard it was quite good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #639 on: September 07, 2015, 04:19:20 pm »
As an atheist was walking through the woods.  He said to himself:

'What majestic trees!’

'What powerful rivers!’

'What beautiful animals!'

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.

He turned to look and saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge towards him.

He ran as fast as he could up the path.  He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him.

He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer.

He tripped and fell on the ground.

He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant moment, the Atheist cried out:  'Oh my God!'

Time stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky.

'You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident.'

'Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament?'

'Am I to count you as a believer?'

The atheist looked directly into the light, and said:  'It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian?'

'Very well', said the voice.

The light went out.  The sounds of the forest resumed.

And the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head & spoke:

'Lord bless this food, which I am about to receive from Thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen.'

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #640 on: September 07, 2015, 04:28:01 pm »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #641 on: September 07, 2015, 04:29:26 pm »
Two great stories Ed!

:beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Paladin

« Reply #642 on: September 07, 2015, 07:45:18 pm »
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

« Reply #643 on: September 08, 2015, 08:05:57 am »
http://dailycurrant.com/2015/09/07/sarah-palin-native-americans-should-go-back-to-nativia-3/

Politics
Sarah Palin: ‘Native Americans Should Go Back to Nativia’

Sarah Palin claimed today that Native Americans should leave America and go back to their homeland 'Nativia'.

In an interview with Fox News this morning, the former Alaskan governor was asked about her support of Donald Trump and his controversial views on immigration.

"I love immigrants," she told Fox and Friends host Steve Doocey, "But like Donald Trump, I just think we have too darn many in this country.

"Mexican-Americans, Asian-Americans, Native-Americans - they're changing up the cultural mix in the United States away from what it used to be in the days of our Founding Fathers.

"I think we should go to some of these groups and just ask politely - would you mind going home? Would you mind giving us our country back?"

"Sarah you know I love you," Doocey interjected, "And I think that's a great idea with regards to Mexicans. But where are the Native Americans supposed to go? They don't really have a place to go back to do they?"

"Well I think they should go back to Nativia or wherever they came from," Palin replied -- as the show's co-hosts sat in stunned silence.

"The liberal media treats Native Americans like they're gods. As if they just have some sort of automatic right to be in this country. But I say if they can't learn to get off those horses and start speaking American - then they should be sent home too."

Native Americans are descended from the first inhabitants of the North American continent. They have no cultural or familial ties to other parts of the world.

Sarah Palin was the Republican Party's nominee for Vice-President in 2008. She served as the Alaskan governor from 2006 to 2009.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #644 on: September 08, 2015, 01:31:23 pm »
I simply don't believe this.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #645 on: September 08, 2015, 02:06:58 pm »
Of course it's parody. Reads like something John Semmons could have written.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #646 on: September 08, 2015, 02:08:05 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #647 on: September 08, 2015, 04:15:11 pm »
IMO, you guyz are crapping all over the floors. 

This page looks like a college dorm game room after a party.

There's a category for political graphics.   Please use it.

:chairbang:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #648 on: September 08, 2015, 07:13:43 pm »

Godzilla

« Reply #649 on: September 08, 2015, 11:18:02 pm »
http://dailycurrant.com/2015/09/07/sarah-palin-native-americans-should-go-back-to-nativia-3/

Politics
Sarah Palin: ‘Native Americans Should Go Back to Nativia’

Sarah Palin claimed today that Native Americans should leave America and go back to their homeland 'Nativia'.

In an interview with Fox News this morning, the former Alaskan governor was asked about her support of Donald Trump and his controversial views on immigration.

"I love immigrants," she told Fox and Friends host Steve Doocey, "But like Donald Trump, I just think we have too darn many in this country.

"Mexican-Americans, Asian-Americans, Native-Americans - they're changing up the cultural mix in the United States away from what it used to be in the days of our Founding Fathers.

"I think we should go to some of these groups and just ask politely - would you mind going home? Would you mind giving us our country back?"

"Sarah you know I love you," Doocey interjected, "And I think that's a great idea with regards to Mexicans. But where are the Native Americans supposed to go? They don't really have a place to go back to do they?"

"Well I think they should go back to Nativia or wherever they came from," Palin replied -- as the show's co-hosts sat in stunned silence.

"The liberal media treats Native Americans like they're gods. As if they just have some sort of automatic right to be in this country. But I say if they can't learn to get off those horses and start speaking American - then they should be sent home too."

Native Americans are descended from the first inhabitants of the North American continent. They have no cultural or familial ties to other parts of the world.

Sarah Palin was the Republican Party's nominee for Vice-President in 2008. She served as the Alaskan governor from 2006 to 2009.

Daily Currant...  satire website.