Author Topic: BREAKING: Egyptian TV Says Morsi Under House Arrest – Update: Travel Ban Placed On Muslim Brotherhood Leaders… Waiting for confirmation. [OFFICIAL THREAD FOR THE DAY]  (Read 18336 times)

Offline flowers

A view from space as they celebrate!   :patriot:

I know times are going to be really ugly in Egypt. But I am enjoying this to no end!!!!   Just wonderful to watch on many levels. The main one they took out sharia lovers from power!   :patriot:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This is why I distrust any "breaking news". 

How in Sam Hill can Morsi produce a 21 minute YouTube video in response to Sisi.....if he's "under house arrest!"  ?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

famousdayandyear

I know times are going to be really ugly in Egypt. But I am enjoying this to no end!!!!   Just wonderful to watch on many levels. The main one they took out sharia lovers from power!   :patriot:

YowZa.  What a great photo!  Thx for the post.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That photo's a keeper!   :laugh:

famousdayandyear

How in Sam Hill can Morsi produce a 21 minute YouTube video in response to Sisi.....if he's "under house arrest!"  ?

The video is timestamped approx 2 hours before the house arrest breaking news timeframe.  Video has been taken down.

Offline Rapunzel

On Fox:  Egyptians were upset with Morsi because he ignored those that did not vote for him.   :whistle:

~LOL~ sound Familiar "Bambi?"
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

He is still tweeting and posting on Facebook (his official pages)
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

He is still tweeting and posting on Facebook (his official pages)

Is it Morsi?  or a standin?  video time stamp is EET, not DST.  I've been following since 7AM DST--Cairo is six hours ahead of us.

Offline happyg

Obama is not loved and wanted in many places.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline flowers

Is it Morsi?  or a standin?  video time stamp is EET, not DST.  I've been following since 7AM DST--Cairo is six hours ahead of us.

21:52 Mohamed Morsi has announced on the official Facebook page of the presidency that the announcement made by the armed forces is a coup and that he rejects it. He said that as president and head of the armed forces he calls on all civil and military citizens to abide by constitution and law and not respond to the coup.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/75594/Egypt/Politics-/Live-updates-Egypt-tense-as-army-deadline-passes;-.aspx

this is current from ahram website

Offline musiclady

Wow.  I've been out for the afternoon, and missed all this as it occurred.

THANKS for the thread!  (I'm catching up!)

My prayer is that the persecution of Christians under this radical regime will now abate.

Fox not covering it now.  CNN still is.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

AWESOME photo!

I wonder what Dick Cheney will have to say about this.  He wasn't too keen on Obama's support of Morsi.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

21:52 Mohamed Morsi has announced on the official Facebook page of the presidency that the announcement made by the armed forces is a coup and that he rejects it. He said that as president and head of the armed forces he calls on all civil and military citizens to abide by constitution and law and not respond to the coup.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/75594/Egypt/Politics-/Live-updates-Egypt-tense-as-army-deadline-passes;-.aspx

this is current from ahram website

Well gee, then......."THEM IS FIGHTING WORDS!!!!!"      [/s]     :2popcorn:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

22:15 Live footage shows thousands of Morsi's supporters gathered in front of Cairo University to protest the army's announcement.

Yasser Soliman, a supporter of Morsi, said the military's announcement is an implicit call for civil war.

"The army chose to appease one part of the population against the other. They [the military] are basically setting the streets on fire, calling for civil war. These people [Morsi's supporters] are willing to sacrifice their life in this situation," Soliman said in a live interview with Al Jazeera International, speaking from in front of Cairo University.

"No other president could have solved the economy's problems in one year. His opponents used violence to pressure him; why didn’t they just wait for next elections?" he continued.

Offline flowers

CNN reports the sound of gunfire near pro-Morsi demonstrators, adding that Muslim Brotherhood followers had been training with sticks in preparation for violence. The crowd is chanting “victory or martyrdom.” The Egyptian military, CNN reports, is 400 to 500 yards down from the pro-Morsi demonstrations.

Online DCPatriot

"No other president could have solved the economy's problems in one year. His opponents used violence to pressure him; why didn’t they just wait for next elections?" he continued.

Uh......because you've allowed freaking slaughters of Coptic Christians and beheadings of priests...complete with chanting mobs cheering?

Stupid's no way to go through life, Mr. Soliman

Offline flowers

22:40 Bashar Al-Assad, president of Syria, has said that events in Egypt are "the fall of what is called political Islam," reports Reuters. Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood had been vocal allies of the Syrian president, calling for foreign intervention against him.

Offline flowers

Uh......because you've allowed freaking slaughters of Coptic Christians and beheadings of priests...complete with chanting mobs cheering?

Stupid's no way to go through life, Mr. Soliman
:beer:     

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/03/us-egypt-protests-tv-idUSBRE9621A320130703

Egypt Muslim Brotherhood TV taken off air: MENA

CAIRO | Wed Jul 3, 2013 4:47pm EDT

(Reuters) - The television station of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood was taken off air and its managers arrested hours after Islamist President Mohamed Mursi was overthrown by the armed forces on Wednesday, state news agency MENA reported.

The Egypt25 channel had been broadcasting live coverage of rallies by tens of thousands of pro-Mursi demonstrators in Cairo and around the country, with speeches by leading Brotherhood politicians denouncing the military intervention to oust the elected president.

(Reporting by Ahmed Tolba; Writing by Paul Taylor)
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GourmetDan

The Egypt25 channel had been broadcasting live coverage of rallies by tens of thousands of pro-Mursi demonstrators in Cairo and around the country, with speeches by leading Brotherhood politicians denouncing the military intervention to oust the elected president.

Looks like the MB is going for civil war.

God help the people of Egypt...

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:03:24 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

Would love to be a fly on the wall of Huma Weiner's office when she's communicating with Hillary Clinton right about now.....

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Nothing to do with this, just surprised me into a laugh:

Ξ BLACK REPUBLICAN Ξ ‏@blackrepublican 2 Jul

I wonder when President Obama is going to tell the Middle East to stop clinging to their "guns and religion". #eyeroll #Egypt #tcot