General Category > Trump Legal Investigations

Bolton: NSA leaker Edward Snowden is guilty of treason

(1/7) > >>

mystery-ak:
http://www.wlsam.com/common/page.php?pt=Bolton%3A+NSA+leaker+Edward+Snowden+is+guilty+of+treason&id=45663&is_corp=0

9:03AM Monday
June 10, 2013

Story by 89 WLS Reporter John Dempsey
(CHICAGO) There is a lot of reaction on WLS this morning to the identification of the man who leaked information last week, about the U.S. Government’s secret surveillance program, which allows the National Security Agency to monitor the phone calls and emails of Americans.

Former U.S. Ambassador John Bolton told Bruce Wolf and Dan Proft on WLS that he thinks admitted leaker Edward Snowden, is guilty of treason:

"Number one, this man is a liar.   He took an oath to keep the secrets that were shared with him so he could do his job.  He said said he would not disclose them, and he lied.   Number two, he lied because he thinks he's smarter and has a higher morality than the rest of us.   This guy thinks he has a higher morality, that he can see clearer than other 299-million 999-thousand 999 of us, and therefore he can do what he wants.  I say that is the worst form of treason".

The 29-year old Snowden spoke with the British newspaper “The Guardian”.   The paper says Snowden is a former CIA covert employee and has been an NSA contract employee for four years, working for the consulting giant Booz-Allen. 

Meanwhile Peoria Republican Congressman Aaron Schock is stopping short of saying Snowden should be charged with treason.   Schock told Bruce and Dan he does think the revelation of the surveillance program proves there needs to be changes to the patriot act, which was instituted under former President George W. Bush as part of the fight against terrorism:

"I think it does and I think what was so chilling was the President's nonchalant response to the wiretapping and the phone records compiling and analysis that's being done on every American".

Schock says there needs to be a mechanism in place for people such as Snowden to report to Congress without fear of reprisal, when they have information they feel is an example of the government going too far.   

listen here
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=1201&c=5751&f=1506931

sinkspur:
Of course he's a traitor.  At any time he could have gone to the IG of the Intelligence Committee or even to Mike Rogers himself if he had concerns.

I know, I know.  He wouldn't have gotten all the admiration from the conspiracy nuts, but he would not have violated the oath he took.

Otherwise, all these security analysts become laws unto themselves and they can take it upon themselves to release data whenever and to whomever they want.

evadR:
I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between what this guy did and Manning...aside from not being in the military.

sinkspur:
There's no difference. 

Right_in_Virginia:
Wow...Bolton needs to calm down.   Because if Bolton really believes the crap that's coming out of his mouth ... then he's saying NO ONE knows better than the government and NO ONE has the right--under any circumstance--to be a whistleblower.

IMHO, it's logic like Bolton's that makes me fear for our country.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version