General Category > Trump Legal Investigations

True Scandal A tea-party group targeted by Democrats gets attention from the IRS—and the FBI, OSHA, and the ATF.

(1/2) > >>

ABX:

--- Quote ---Catherine Engelbrecht’s tale has all the markings of a classic conspiracy theory: She says she thinks that because of her peaceful political activity, she and her family was targeted for scrutiny by hostile federal agencies.

Yet as news emerges that the Internal Revenue Service wielded its power to obstruct conservative groups, Catherine’s story becomes credible — and chilling. It also raises questions about whether other federal agencies have used their executive powers to target those deemed political enemies.

Advertisement
Before the Engelbrecht family’s three-year ordeal began, Catherine says, “I had no real expectation or preparation for the blood sport that American politics is.” Sounding weary on the phone, she continues: “It’s all been a through-the-looking-glass experience.”

Cleta Mitchell, a lawyer who specializes in representing conservative organizations, says that the Engelbrecht family’s experience is “just the tip of the iceberg. . . . I think there’s definitely a Chicago-politics-style enemies list in this administration, and I think it permeates this branch of the federal government.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/348756/true-scandal-jillian-kay-melchior

--- End quote ---

happyg:
We already know that liberals were planted in the Tea Party rallies, not only to disrupt the rallies, but to spy on them. That was a Hitler tactic. He had spies all over the place, including children, to do his dirty work because he was so paranoid, as well as keeping the opposing groups at bay.

What makes me just as mad is the republicans who are so darn slow with their investigations.

Rapunzel:
And then people like Juan Williams to this day keeps saying the tea party is racist.

ABX:

--- Quote from: happyg on May 20, 2013, 05:21:14 pm ---We already know that liberals were planted in the Tea Party rallies, not only to disrupt the rallies, but to spy on them. That was a Hitler tactic. He had spies all over the place, including children, to do his dirty work because he was so paranoid, as well as keeping the opposing groups at bay.

What makes me just as mad is the republicans who are so darn slow with their investigations.

--- End quote ---

Not just physically but virtually as well. I've seen it recently a coworker who is a absolutely rabid DU leftist. I follow him on Twitter through a professional association (so he doesn't know it is me). Besides the absolute nastiness he says about the right, he brags about his groups having accounts on various tea party groups and certain forums and have had them for years. They work hard to find out who anonymous accounts belong to, troll and steer conversations, and do whatever they can to smear these groups from the inside. The scary part is they really do keep names of individuals who use normally anonymous log ins.

Good thing about GBR being small at this point is we are somewhat off the radar to these types.

happyg:

--- Quote ---Good thing about GBR being small at this point is we are somewhat off the radar to these types.
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't that depend more on how many hits GBR gets, rather than number of members who post, as well as the number of replies? Also, there are a lot of lurkers here, who I imagine, read a lot of the material. They all can't be robots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version