Author Topic: Cleveland-area woman finds ghostly couple in cellphone photo  (Read 8813 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Cleveland-area woman finds ghostly couple in cellphone photo
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2013, 09:16:34 pm »
http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-discussion/whats-your-best-108202.html

Whats your best nursing ghost story?

A neat article about nurses and their experiences with "ghosts".

Also....a YouTube video of "ghosts" in hospitals.    (What better place?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A8obubfYjcQ
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ladybug

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2013, 12:15:15 am »
Maybe it's my senior citizen eyes or my senior citizen computer but I couldn't see any ghosts or angels.
I had an experience a few months ago. I awoke from a sleep to find a woman standing at the foot of my bed. I was not scared. To the contrary I wanted her to stay. I actually spoke up. I said, "Don't go!". But she disappeared. She was of indeterminate age but she had a soft bun at the nape of her neck. How i know she had a bun in the back when she was facing forward is part of the mystery but I wish she would visit me again....
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:20:23 am by ladybug »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 12:45:55 am »
Maybe it's my senior citizen eyes or my senior citizen computer but I couldn't see any ghosts or angels.
I had an experience a few months ago. I awoke from a sleep to find a woman standing at the foot of my bed. I was not scared. To the contrary I wanted her to stay. I actually spoke up. I said, "Don't go!". But she disappeared. She was of indeterminate age but she had a soft bun at the nape of her neck. How i know she had a bun in the back when she was facing forward is part of the mystery but I wish she would visit me again....

I don 't think it would frighten me.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2013, 03:11:01 am »
I don 't think it would frighten me.

Think Cathy Bates in Misery...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2013, 06:59:04 pm »
Think Cathy Bates in Misery...

But she wasn't a spirit.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2013, 07:09:14 pm »
But she wasn't a spirit.

Ugh!  Realize that.   All I meant was.....if that ghostly apparition suddenly lifted a ghostly sledgehammer.....it could look like Cathy Bates.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2013, 08:13:15 pm »

My wife once slept in her office at Shippensburg University and awoke to see a civil war union soldier standing at her feet.  She told him he didn't belong there and he disappeared. 

The only ghostly experience I have personally had was a friend whose living room creaked like a rocking chair going back and forth every night like clockwork around one in the morning.  One night I went over there to see for myself and, sure enough, the creaking started.  It lasted about 20 minutes and stopped.  I went down to the basement and looked at the floor from underneath and could find no cause.  It sounded exactly like an old rocking chair going back and forth on the floor.  There was no other sound or visuals.  I think this is what they refer to as a "residual haunting."

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2013, 08:23:28 pm »
My wife once slept in her office at Shippensburg University and awoke to see a civil war union soldier standing at her feet.  She told him he didn't belong there and he disappeared. 

The only ghostly experience I have personally had was a friend whose living room creaked like a rocking chair going back and forth every night like clockwork around one in the morning.  One night I went over there to see for myself and, sure enough, the creaking started.  It lasted about 20 minutes and stopped.  I went down to the basement and looked at the floor from underneath and could find no cause.  It sounded exactly like an old rocking chair going back and forth on the floor.  There was no other sound or visuals.  I think this is what they refer to as a "residual haunting."

What you and your wife have experienced is very similar to what Loretta Lynn has going on at her farm.  Her spirits are Civil War-related.

http://www.lorettalynn.com/50/?p=1300

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2013, 08:25:11 pm »
BTW massadjv from what I've seen there is a lot more activity in your part of the country from New England down to the Southern states.... there is a house in New Jersey which housed runaway slaves which has a LOT of activity.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 11:20:45 pm »
What you and your wife have experienced is very similar to what Loretta Lynn has going on at her farm.  Her spirits are Civil War-related.

http://www.lorettalynn.com/50/?p=1300

I heard about that.

In my wife's case, Shippensburg is just up the road from Gettysburg, so there was a lot of Civil War activity there.  I personally sense there is a lot more spiritual activity in the east than in the west.  Maybe it's because history goes back farther and there was such a greater population concentration back here.  Plus, because the cities and towns are so old, one is constantly reminded of the past.  In the west, not that much goes back more than 50 or 60 years.  Here in Pennsylvania, most of the buildings are 19th century.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2013, 12:15:52 am »
I'll tell you this story, which is totally authentic and real, although I really do not have any idea why it happened or what it means.

Many years ago I was staying in a small long term motel near New Orleans alone. I was asleep one night and even while still asleep I felt a tugging at my blanket. And I instinctively tugged back. This went on until it finally woke me up and I looked at the foot of my bed. There was a very old woman there with tight gray hair and a black dress and all I could see was her shoulders and head at level with the bed. Her arms were stretched out and she was pulling on the blanket as if trying to climb onto the bed. While doing this she said, and I quote, "I am Jahova's witness, and I have seen multitudes slain." and then went away. I had never heard this phrase spoken before or since and I do not know anything about it or what it may mean.

The fact that I still remember this vision in detail tens of years later, really bears out how impactful it was to me, albeit baffling. I offer this for no other reason than as a contribution to the 'for what its worth' file.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2013, 12:16:09 am »
I heard about that.

In my wife's case, Shippensburg is just up the road from Gettysburg, so there was a lot of Civil War activity there.  I personally sense there is a lot more spiritual activity in the east than in the west.  Maybe it's because history goes back farther and there was such a greater population concentration back here.  Plus, because the cities and towns are so old, one is constantly reminded of the past.  In the west, not that much goes back more than 50 or 60 years.  Here in Pennsylvania, most of the buildings are 19th century.

Most of the stories they air on BIO are set in the east and it makes a lot of sense between the Revolution, the Civil War, and much, much more - plus as you say buildings that go back generations.  In Arizona the stories are mostly up in the White Mountain area - which has the old settlements going back into the 1800's (and earlier) and a lot of the old buildings remain. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2013, 12:20:17 am »
Interesting story 240B. NOLA has a lot of "stories"....... my massage therapist and I were discussing it on Monday as a matter of fact, that the New Orleans area is a little scary because there has been so much witchcraft practiced in Louisiana... your story reminds me, though, of some of our national guard who were in NOLA helping after Katrina reported when they went into one of the buildings they ended up being scared out of their wits -- I wish I could remember the entire story, alas I do not, but I remember these were people who were looking for anyone who might be injured or missing and instead came across some "unknown" entities in one of the basements they searched.  One thing I want no part of is WICA or anything to do with a Wigi board.  Some things no one should mess with......
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:22:02 am by Rapunzel »

Offline TheMom

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 11:34:14 pm »
Since we are telling ghost stories . . .

When I was sixteen I spent the Summer with my grandmother and her creepy perv husband.  My grandmother made an overnight trip to Houston, I didn't go with her because I had a part time job.  I was freaked out for days about being alone with the perv.  When the faithful night came along I made up an excuse not to have dinner with him, then waited downstairs until well after he was asleep before going to bed.  I dozed off around Midnight, around 2:00 a.m. I was awaken by someone whispering my name.  When I looked by the bedroom door, there stood a "person" in a red & black lumberjack shirt.  I stared at them for about a minute then looked away, when I looked back they were gone.  I didn't get back to sleep until the sun came up.

Don't know if it was a guardian angel letting me know I was safe from the perv or a ghost that lived in her 100 year old house.
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline ladybug

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2013, 06:45:27 pm »
A lot of these "ghosts" may be hallucinations caused by meds. In fact I tried to convince myself that my visiting lady was a hallucination but she was so real I truly believe she was  someone from my distant past...from another lifetime????? (So much we don't know about.)

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2013, 06:49:13 pm »
A lot of these "ghosts" may be hallucinations caused by meds. In fact I tried to convince myself that my visiting lady was a hallucination but she was so real I truly believe she was  someone from my distant past...from another lifetime????? (So much we don't know about.)

Read "Hello From Heaven" ladybug.  I suspect it will change your mind.  I saw a long interview with the author before I read it and he was actually a Wallstreet guy, not an author at all and came to writing this book through an entire series of events he explains at the forward to the book.... 

and, just for the record I don't take any mind-altering drugs... I have a photo of my dead husband on film.........     

Just last week doctor Oz had Theres Caputo wired up by a neurologist to see if there is any changes in her brain when she channels spirit, they were all blown away at the results.