General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

Second Coldest Start To Spring In US History

(1/3) > >>

famousdayandyear:
http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2013/04/26/second-coldest-start-to-spring-in-us-history/

Cincinnatus:
And that, boys and girls, is one of the reasons why we no longer call it "global warming" but instead use "climate change".

alicewonders:
Yes, Cincinnatus - everyone knows that global warming causes more snow and colder weather too.   :thud:

EC:

--- Quote from: alicewonders on April 28, 2013, 12:34:39 am ---Yes, Cincinnatus - everyone knows that global warming causes more snow and colder weather too.   :thud:

--- End quote ---

It should do. The weather system is a planet wide whole, not isolated local events. More heat in one area will lead to another area being colder - the average global temperature stays roughly the same, but the weather patterns change and become more extreme. It has happened before and will no doubt happen again.

Calling it Global Warming was one of the worst assaults on accuracy ever made and is rightly treated with derision. Climate Change is correct terminology.

Rapunzel:

--- Quote from: EC on April 28, 2013, 11:08:52 am ---It should do. The weather system is a planet wide whole, not isolated local events. More heat in one area will lead to another area being colder - the average global temperature stays roughly the same, but the weather patterns change and become more extreme. It has happened before and will no doubt happen again.

Calling it Global Warming was one of the worst assaults on accuracy ever made and is rightly treated with derision. Climate Change is correct terminology.

--- End quote ---

So true.  I watch a program here on Discovery called Greatest Catch - it is the crab fishermen in the Bering Sea....... last year the ice was so bad and so low that they had one of the most dangerous fishing seasons in memory as ice kept moving in on their pots before they could retrieve them and they would have to creep into the thick ice to bring them up hoping they didn't cut their hulls and sink... I've read this year the ice around Antartica has grown at a significant rate.........  people like Al Gore disgust me because they are using hype to make themselves very wealthy -- PT Barnum had nothing on these shysters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version