Author Topic: Jonathan Winters dead; Groundbreaking improv comic was 87  (Read 769 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Jonathan Winters dead; Groundbreaking improv comic was 87
« on: April 12, 2013, 01:28:49 PM »

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Re: Jonathan Winters dead; Groundbreaking improv comic was 87
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 02:10:46 PM »
Thanks for all the laughs Jonathan...

Support the USO

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 02:33:35 PM »
Thanks for all the laughs Jonathan... Ditto that. I saw a headline announcing his death with the comment he was a star on "Mork and Mindy", but Mr Winters was far, far more than that. Very funny guy.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:57:04 PM »
Thanks for all the laughs Jonathan... Ditto that. I saw a headline announcing his death with the comment he was a star on "Mork and Mindy", but Mr Winters was far, far more than that. Very funny guy.

Absolutely. Winters was one of those rare talents that when you caught his act, you knew you had seen someone special. Winters and Robin Williams are cut from a similar cloth.

Jim Carey is the "Carrot Top" version of those two greats.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 03:42:37 PM »
Absolutely. Winters was one of those rare talents that when you caught his act, you knew you had seen someone special. Winters and Robin Williams are cut from a similar cloth.

Jim Carey is the "Carrot Top" version of those two greats.

Such a wonderfully inventive mind. I'm quite certain he was bipolar or dissociative or whatever the hell label they give these days to people whose minds reel in everything their senses observe and cast them about for others to wonder at.

He fought with demons, as all creative geniuses do. Jonathan was an artist, an author, a storyteller, and a truly original American talent. RIP and God bless you for making me laugh so hard.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Online jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 06:20:55 PM »
One of his most famous routines... The Stick:

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=wwWDa1xPTPA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=wwWDa1xPTPA</a>
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:21:21 PM by jmyrlefuller »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf