Author Topic: Bras Make Breasts "Saggier", 15-year French Study Reveals  (Read 3990 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Bras Make Breasts "Saggier", 15-year French Study Reveals
« on: April 11, 2013, 07:50:12 pm »
Now here is a scientific study that serves a serious purpose and is quite uplifting. I only wish I could have done some of the hands on research as my contribution to humanity, or at least one half of it. Anyway I will do my part by adding the story here as a public service.

Women have long been told that a good bra can help support the chest, relieve back pain and prevent sagging.  However, a new 15-year French study reveals the opposite: bras do little to reduce back pain and, over time, they can actually make breasts sag even more.

Researcher Prof. Jean-Denis Rouillon, a sports science expert from the University of Besançon in eastern France claims that "bras are a false necessity," according to "The Local".

"Medically, physiologically, anatomically - breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity," said Rouillon. "On the contrary, they get saggier with a bra."

Rouillon and his team spent years measuring the changes in the breasts of 330 women using a simple slide rule and caliper at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (University Hospital) in Besançon, where he carried out his research.

He found that no evidence that bras helped ease back pain. Instead, he found that the chest supports could even add to the problem.

According to The Connexion, the findings suggest that breasts would gain more tone and support themselves if no bra was used.  Researchers explain that bras limit the growth of supporting breast tissues, leaving the breast to wither and degrade more quickly.

The study found that women who took off their bras for good experienced a 7mm lift in their nipples each year they didn't wear a bra.  Researchers also found that bra-less women developed firmer breasts and saw their stretch marks fade.

To think it only took 15 years to find out all that. My, my. Well anyway, Vive La France!
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

Re: Bras Make Breasts "Saggier", 15-year French Study Reveals
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 10:02:25 pm »
Lets review for a minute or two...... Wine not good.........bras not good........sorry I can't keep up. I do know my grandmother and aunts lived to a ripe old age....guess what they still wear bras :patriot:

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 12:30:16 pm »
And just think, they got research funding for this as well!

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 12:32:38 pm »
European women often don't shave their underarms.  I wonder if that's because shaving makes underarm hair bushier?  :pondering:

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 12:35:40 pm »
European women often don't shave their underarms.  I wonder if that's because shaving makes underarm hair bushier?  :pondering:

:bigsilly:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 02:15:01 pm »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 08:05:21 pm »

LOL!   Alice.....how old were you when he signed "them"?

{{{ducks}}}  :seeya:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:26:41 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 08:18:46 pm »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 08:19:21 pm »
I really need to think up a great idea for some completely stupid study so I can get a big pile of government money.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 09:04:20 pm »

LOL!   Alice.....how old were you when he signed "them"?

{{{ducks}}}  :seeya:

LOL!  Just a teenager.

:xedfingers:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 09:07:48 pm »
I really need to think up a great idea for some completely stupid study so I can get a big pile of government money.

Maybe I could do a study on the long term effects of laying on the couch all day, eating pizza, watching movies and eating chocolate. 

Seriously.