Author Topic: Jane Fonda to Critics of Her Nancy Reagan Role: 'Get a Life'  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Jane Fonda to Critics of Her Nancy Reagan Role: 'Get a Life'
« on: April 11, 2013, 01:02:52 am »
We've already had one other thread on this excrescence on the human race but she's back in the news.

Lee Daniels' The Butler doesn't hit theaters until October, but the drama about the long-serving head butler at the White House already is being targeted by conservatives because of Jane Fonda's role as Nancy Reagan.

So far, backlash to The Weinstein Co. release is fairly muted -- bloggers have disparaged the casting, and a Facebook page is promoting a boycott -- but chatter about the liberal activist has picked up recently.

"The moviemakers are free to choose, but it seems like it was their way of giving people like me the middle finger," says Larry Reyes, a Navy veteran and founder of the "Boycott Hanoi Jane Playing Nancy Reagan" page.

Fonda's response? "Get a life," she tells THR. "If he creates hoopla, it will cause more people to see the movie."

I highlighted the Weinstein's involvement because Harvey is such a fanatical supporter of Obama.

As for casting Hanoi Jane as Nancy, that is as obscene as she is as a person.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jane-fonda-her-nancy-reagan-435064
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Jane Fonda to Critics of Her Nancy Reagan Role: 'Get a Life'
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 01:37:56 am »
My response:

I have a life no thanks to you you treasonous BEE I ITCH!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 01:41:20 am »
Ahhh...now we know why she's been out apologizing again..she has a movie coming out...I wonder what Nancy thinks of Fonda playing her...I am sure there were other actresses that could have taken on the part...I now have no interest in seeing it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 02:04:06 am »
"Get a life!"

Wow, so cutting edge.

Offline collins

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 04:59:22 am »
Oh, it was trendy in 1991. I always thought Jane Fonda was overrated as an actress, and I can't stand to even think think about how she'll portray Nancy Reagan - still cringe every time I think of Meryl Streep's Thatcher.

It would've been funnier for me to see Nancy Davis Reagan play Jane Fonda sitting on that tank.