Author Topic:  (Read 747 times)

Offline DCPatriot

« on: April 09, 2013, 11:31:59 PM »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 08:22:34 AM »
It should be an interesting weekend.  Both Tiger and Rory are peaking, and there are about 50 guys in the field capable of putting together a few good rounds and getting themselves into position to make a run at the most coveted piece of clothing in the world. 
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 08:31:05 AM »
My opinion of Hank Haney really tanked after he released the book. The stuff about Tiger was inappropriate. Haney is a wealthy man, thanks to the likes of Tiger Woods. It's a shame Haney felt that was what he should do.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 08:41:43 AM »
The Masters never ceases to surprise, from Mike Weir to Zach Johnson to Trevor Immelman. I almost expect another "unlikely" winner this year, but hope it isn't Tiger. I'm not sure whether some of my favorite golfers are in the field this year, but still am looking forward to the TV coverage.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 08:49:59 AM »
Golf is a refuge for me. Coming from Northeast Ohio, having an interest in local sports teams is punishing at best. In golf, I appreciate the individual skill and I don't root against anyone. Whoever wins, that's fine by me, because that person earned it. No officials to blow a call, no teammates to hold him up, it's an individual performing at the highest level. I golf, badly, and I can appreciate their skill and what it took for them to get to that level.

The endeavor and the venue combine to make a beautiful event.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf