Author Topic: Penney CEO Out, Old Boss Back In  (Read 629 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Penney CEO Out, Old Boss Back In
« on: April 09, 2013, 01:24:45 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Penney CEO Out, Old Boss Back In
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 01:27:08 AM »
I don't know how they are going to turn it around, he has done a lot of damage to the stores. I know I am not anxious to go back and I used to drop into our Penny's store almost weekly to see what they had that was new.  Our store is one of their larger stores and the merchandise was spread out to try and make it look like they were well-stocked, which they were not and the new layout is very poor.  What made them think someone from an electronics firm would understand this kind of retail??????

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »
What made them think someone from an electronics firm would understand this kind of retail??????

Because to management types, the core business is secondary. The ability to lead, and have vision is what matters.

Or, more simply, once you're in the club of executive management, you get a pass on a lot of things.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 06:13:17 PM »
Because to management types, the core business is secondary. The ability to lead, and have vision is what matters.

Or, more simply, once you're in the club of executive management, you get a pass on a lot of things.

However, there is a reason many of the most successful CEO's in retail came up through the ranks and learned what worked and didn't work.  The changes made at Penny's has been beyond out of step and reeks of a leader who had no clue about retail. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:14:02 PM by Rapunzel »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf