Author Topic: Annette Funicello Passes Away at 70  (Read 1860 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Annette Funicello Passes Away at 70
« on: April 08, 2013, 07:26:11 pm »
Annette Funicello Passes Away at 70

Hollywood icon Annette Funicello has died at age 70, ET has confirmed.

RELATED - Mary Hart Remembers Annette Funicello

"Annette Funicello, long-time Disney and Beach Party star, passed away on Monday April 8 at Mercy Southwest Hospital in Bakersfield, CA, at the age of 70," her rep said in a statement. "She died peacefully from complications due to Multiple Sclerosis, a disease she battled for over 25 years."

RELATED - 10 Inspiring Celebrity Heroes

Commenting on her passing, Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, said, "Annette was and always will be a cherished member of the Disney family, synonymous with the word Mouseketeer, and a true Disney Legend. She will forever hold a place in our hearts as one of Walt Disney's brightest stars, delighting an entire generation of baby boomers with her jubilant personality and endless talent. Annette was well known for being as beautiful inside as she was on the outside, and she faced her physical challenges with dignity, bravery and grace. All of us at Disney join with family, friends, and fans around the world in celebrating her extraordinary life."

Born October 22, 1942, in Utica, New York, Funicello is survived by her husband and three children.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/annette-funicello-passes-away-70-165500504.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Re: Annette Funicello Passes Away at 70
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 07:27:32 pm »
My very first 'love'.

Used to watch the Mickey Mouse Club everyday after school. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 07:39:44 pm »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 07:46:56 pm »
My very first 'love'.

My hubby will be heartbroken...guess I better break it to him...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 08:03:40 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 08:50:39 pm »
My very first 'love'.

Me too.  I think every boy my age wondered at the bumps under Annette's sweaters....   8888crybaby

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 09:14:00 pm »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 10:32:56 pm »
My adolescent crush (might have subconsciously influenced me to marry an Italian-American girl).

But what was she doing in Bakersfield? Soon could be a boom-town again with oil.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 01:32:36 am »
I met her in the mid-90's at a doll show at the Sheraton across from Universal Studios. She was there that weekend for a signing of her bears.  It was beyond sad to see her, not just in a wheelchair, but on oxygen and literally unable to move her limbs.  Her husband brought her to the banquet dinner as well... made me very sad to see what the disease had done to her.  I grew up on Mickey Mouse Club (and later American Bandstand).
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 12:45:41 pm »
It's an awful disease. A family friend recently died at around 84 after nearly 25 years of being stuck in bed, nearly immobile. We lived in S. California in the early '60s and visited Disneyland frequently. I watched Mickey Mouse Club faithfully, and thought Annette was so wonderful!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org