Author Topic: ACM's Tonight  (Read 673 times)

Offline Rapunzel

ACM's Tonight
« on: April 07, 2013, 07:51:13 PM »
I'm first and foremost a Country Music Fan....... looking forward to ACM's tonight.  John Fogerty is going to be one of the presenters - this year he turns 68 and his first single SuzyQ came out in 1968........ eek I feel old!  As I was and still am a HUGE CCR fan.

Offline Rapunzel

Re: ACM's Tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 07:54:40 PM »
http://www.kmov.com/entertainment/ACM-Awards-2013-Country-musics-finest-stars-head-to-Las-Vegas-201836691.html

ACM Awards 2013: Country music's finest stars head to Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS, NV 

by Lauren Moraski

CBS News

Posted on April 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Country music's finest will step out Sunday for the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, set to air live on CBS starting at 8 p.m. ET.

Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan will co-host the 48th annual event.

Presenters will include Faith Hill, Shania Twain, Trisha Yearwood, Gary Allan, Chris Young, Eli Young Band Beth Behrs, Michael Chiklis, Sheryl Crow, Kaley Cuoco, John Fogerty, Kevin Frazier, Colin Kaepernick, Miranda Lambert, Scotty McCreery, Kacey Musgraves, Nancy O'Dell, Jake Owen, Keith Urban, Reba McEntire, Tori Kelly and LL Cool J.

Performers will include Jason Aldean, Garth Brooks, Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, Eric Church, Jewel, Kelly Clarkson, Lambert, Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton, George Strait, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town and The Band Perry.

The evening will get under way with Shelton will open the telecast with a can't miss exciting performance featuring co-host Bryan, Paisley, Crow, and Pistol Annies, including Lambert, Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley.

Brad Paisley will headline the ACM Fan Jam with Dierks Bentley, Hunter Hayes, and New Artist of the Year Presented by Kohl's nominees Brantley Gilbert, Jana Kramer and Florida Georgia Line.

Church tops this year's nominees with seven nods. Hunter Hayes is not far behind with six, followed by Swift and Lambert at five apiece
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:55:54 PM by Rapunzel »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 08:19:20 PM »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 06:57:09 AM »
Here's the list of winners:

http://www.acmcountry.com/news.html?n_id=509

Sorry, but I'm glad to see Taylor Swift got shut out again. Her act is getting old and if it hadn't been for Billboard changing the chart rules to directly benefit her, she would be on her way out.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 09:38:52 PM »
Here's the list of winners:

http://www.acmcountry.com/news.html?n_id=509

Sorry, but I'm glad to see Taylor Swift got shut out again. Her act is getting old and if it hadn't been for Billboard changing the chart rules to directly benefit her, she would be on her way out.

I was very glad to see she got shut out, I had a feeling she might.  She still has her rabid fans, but if you read their tweets most have got to be on the left.  Her music is not "country" but pop and she belongs more in the pop genre than country these days... plus when she lost to Miranda Lambert and then Blake Shelton at the CMT's last November she was shooting dagers that she actually lost and everyone saw it... she still thinks she is a princess, but in Country when you start acting out you fall like a rock - ask Faith Hill what happened when she had a hissy fit the night she lost to Underwood......  I don't think she has won an award since.  I was rooting for Blake Shelton to get the top award, but Luke Bryan was so overcome with emotion at his (unexpected) win and was so humble... plus he is very talented singer.....   I was glad to see Miranda and Blake win for Over You.... all in all a pretty good show with the exception of Jason Aldean getting best male vocalist... rumors have it he's been cheating on his wife and I don't like cheaters.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf