Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: April 05, 2013, 10:10:03 PM »

Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 10:55:26 PM »
I am soooo tired of this PC crap.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 07:16:07 AM »
Articles like this are just begging for a ping feature.

Paging Mudboy Slim...

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 10:53:34 AM »
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 01:26:55 PM »
I always thought that naming a team after American Indians was an homage to their fighting spirit. Granted, "redskins" is not the same as "Fighting Sioux," "Warriors," or some such thing, but I have a feeling the D.C. team originally was given its name in that same spirit.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »
This medium uses government owned airwaves in exchange for an understanding that it will promote the public interest.

Indeed, and who gets to determine what is in the "public interest"? A small gaggle of political appointees? Besides why does the government supposedly own the airwaves? True there is a limited amount of broadcast space but there is a limited amount of practically everything. So why not let the market determine how it's allocated and get the government, and its pious little nannies, the hell out of it?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 03:43:44 PM »
This is nothing but an evolution of the language.

The Washington Redskins have a very long history and if they were a 'new' expansion team today, 'Redskins' would NEVER see the light of day.

I remember when in the mid-nineties when I heard my girlfriend use the word 'crippled' instead of 'handicapped' or God help us, 'physically-challenged'...in describing a small child with cerebral palsy confined in a wheelchair.

I cringed....not from anger but sympathy...for the impression she no doubt left with others.  Where she was from, nobody got the memo that you shouldn't use that word anymore.

No matter that the team name was chosen as a compliment to the American Indian. 

And no matter that the name is worth a BILLION $$$.  If Dan Snyder flips the bird and keeps it....the value will go higher, not lower.   Because I think that sufficient numbers of people have had it with the PC police.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:45:04 PM by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf