Author Topic: Bills WR Stevie Johnson Suggests On Twitter That North Korea Bomb Foxboro, Mass  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

One assumes Johnson meant this tongue in cheek, but when you really think about it...

"Bills wide receiver Stevie Johnson would rather North Korea not bomb anyone, but if they’re going to, he’s got a suggestion.

Johnson posted on Twitter on Wednesday that North Korea should bomb Foxboro, Massachusetts, home of the AFC East rival New England Patriots, if they decide to go to war.

@StevieJohnson13: “War is nothing to be played with. I apologize North Korea…….but if y’all do bomb 1st… Bomb Foxboro, Mass. Sincerely, #BillsMafia”"
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/04/04/bills-wr-stevie-johnson-suggests-on-twitter-that-north-korea-bomb-foxboro-mass/

How soon before the ultrasensitive crowd takes this guy to the woodshed?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Understand something here. The Patriots have won the division, or at least been in the playoffs, every year Tom Brady has been quarterback. That has left no room for the Bills, who have as a result missed the playoffs an astounding 13 straight years, the longest current NFL streak. The Patriots have yet to have a losing season since Brady won the starting job, and Brady's inked through 2018 now. This in a league that supposedly has parity.

Having the DPRK nuke Foxboro might be extreme, but the NFL has to do SOMETHING to fix this problem.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cincinnatus

Yeah, whatever with football. My only concern is that Foxboro stadium is only about 30 miles from Boston, so therefore if the NKs attacked the former with the appropriate nuclear weapon then...

Oh, forgive me. Thoughts unworthy.

Him, too. Goldwater told a news conference that "sometimes I think this country would be better off if we could just saw off the Eastern Seaboard and let it float out to sea".
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online mountaineer

Geez, it's just a joke. Anyone offended needs to lighten up. Of course, I'm a Steelers fan, so I don't entirely disagree.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Geez, it's just a joke. Anyone offended needs to lighten up. Of course, I'm a Steelers fan, so I don't entirely disagree.  :laugh:

I heard a host on the Washington, DC sports talk radio show today get VERY indignant about this remark.

"60,000 troops over there.....yada, yada, yada.....the joke isn't funny.....disgraceful SOB...etc.

Uh.....YES....it was funny!   Lighten up indeed!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald