Author Topic: Sequester Kills Opening Day Flyovers in Nearly Every Ball Park  (Read 856 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2013/04/02/Sequester-Ends-Flyovers-On-Opening-Day

by Tony Lee 2 Apr 2013, 7:29 AM PDT

After the Obama administration played politics with the sequester by suspending its aerial flight teams--like the Air Force's Thunderbirds and the Navy's Blue Angels--last week, nearly every ball park on baseball's Opening Day did not get a traditional flyover after the playing of the national anthem on Monday.

There were no flyovers at Yankee Stadium and at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C.

The Air Force and the Marine Corps canceled flyovers scheduled in Minnesota and San Diego, respectively. When the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim open in Anaheim this weekend, there will be no Blue Angels flyover, as had been scheduled before the sequestration cuts.

The Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, though, had a flyover before the Angels played the Reds in the city where Opening Day is a holiday.

Here is a photo of a flyover on Opening Day at Yankee Stadium in 2011--before Obama played politics with the sequester.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Sequester Kills Opening Day Flyovers in Nearly Every Ball Park
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:41:45 pm »
Anyone who is paying attention knows this is Obama's plan to "make it hurt". Cut the most visible things possible.

But, let's assume that this is a cut because we can't afford it. Ok, good. Let's be responsible. That's what I do at home when I can't afford something, I don't do or buy that thing.