Author Topic: An Introduction to The Fed and Monetary policy issues  (Read 928 times)

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
An Introduction to The Fed and Monetary policy issues
« on: April 02, 2013, 11:50:59 AM »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
Re: An Introduction to The Fed and Monetary policy issues
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 11:52:35 AM »
All you need to know on this subject:

"Power corrupts; and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 12:28:24 PM »
Thank you for the post Bigun... for reading later today.

Lando
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 12:44:55 PM »
Of all the so-called reforms of the "Progressive" era, the establishment of the Fed was one of the, if not the worst.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 01:15:29 PM »
Of all the so-called reforms of the "Progressive" era, the establishment of the Fed was one of the, if not the worst.

Yes indeed! 

Really hard to pick which is worse, the 16th amendment and the income tax, the 17th amendment and the end of state representation n Washington, or establishment of the Fed but one thing is sure, all three of these happened under Woodrow Wilson the second worse president in U.S. history behind Abe Lincoln.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 02:09:34 PM »
This is a great post... I was required to pass a college-level econ class to graduate from high school... today I wonder if they even have to take econ to graduate from college... and of all the classes students should take it is this...

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 02:18:47 PM »
This is a great post... I was required to pass a college-level econ class to graduate from high school... today I wonder if they even have to take econ to graduate from college... and of all the classes students should take it is this...

I went to a pretty decent public school system. I have a degree from a public college. Never heard of the Fed until I started paying attention to the stock market.

Kids don't get an education in economics, and it's criminal that they don't.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf