Author Topic: Afghan Teen Kills U.S. Soldier , Pentagon Lies And Says He Was Killed During Combat With The Taliban…  (Read 946 times)

famousdayandyear

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/04/01/afghan-teen-kills-u-s-soldier-playing-with-local-children-by-stabbing-him-in-the-neck-pentagon-lies-and-says-he-was-killed-during-combat-with-the-taliban/

Afghan Teen Kills U.S. Soldier Playing With Local Children By Stabbing Him In The Neck, Pentagon Lies And Says He Was Killed During Combat With The Taliban…

I’m guessing because it doesn’t fit the narrative we’re winning Afghan “hearts and minds” is the reason the Pentagon lied about the circumstances in which Sgt. Michael Cable was killed

Offline Millee

With this Administration, why tell the truth when a lie will suffice??   :chairbang:

Offline andy58-in-nh

With each passing day and each new inside attack on our soldiers, the reason for America's continued presence in Afghanistan becomes progressively less clear to me. Many of us who lived through the Vietnam War have a certain sense of déjà vu about this one - and this time, we're not even trying to win. What would "victory" even look like in Afghanistan? Perhaps we ought to ask the Russians, so at least we'd understand what defeat looks like.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
With each passing day and each new inside attack on our soldiers, the reason for America's continued presence in Afghanistan becomes progressively less clear to me. Many of us who lived through the Vietnam War have a certain sense of déjà vu about this one - and this time, we're not even trying to win. What would "victory" even look like in Afghanistan? Perhaps we ought to ask the Russians, so at least we'd understand what defeat looks like.

We never were trying to win. That was evident at the beginning when everything was sidetracked to Iraq. That should have never happened.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.