Author Topic: Fisker U.S. Workforce on Furlough this Week  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Fisker U.S. Workforce on Furlough this Week
« on: March 31, 2013, 08:45:46 pm »
"Fisker Automotive furloughed its entire U.S. workforce this week, according to Reuters.

"Fisker Automotive furloughed its entire U.S. workforce this week, according to Reuters.

“This is a common practice, particularly in the automotive industry, to manage costs and operations based on current activity levels and commercial requirements,” Fisker, which has just over 200 U.S. employees, said in a statement.

The move comes about a month before the cash-strapped company, which launched the Karma plug-in hybrid in late 2011, faces a loan payment to the U.S. Department of Energy.

http://freebeacon.com/fisker-u-s-workforce-on-furlough-this-week/

Hmmm, why do I have this uneasy feeling the US taxpayer is going to take it on the chin, or in his wallet, yet again for Obama's dedication to green energy instead of sound economic policy?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:46:08 pm by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Fisker U.S. Workforce on Furlough this Week
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 09:11:50 pm »
The founder, Henrik Fisker recently left.

I checked dealers, and there is plenty of inventory--that means some got built, but have not been purchased.

I saw a prototype. Beautiful to look at. Rather impractical, as far as passenger ingress, egress etc.

Originally targeted at about $75,000 they are available for about $105,000-110,000.

Tesla has a sedan in the works, similar targets as far a customers. Supposedly they have buyers lined up.

Those two use different technology.

Meanwhile, there are several good hybrids and they do sell. Prius being the most recognizable. Another option for high mileage is turbo-diesel, which is widely sold in Europe.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln