Author Topic: Ft. Hood Terrorist Prevails Over Victims  (Read 1125 times)

famousdayandyear

Ft. Hood Terrorist Prevails Over Victims
« on: March 31, 2013, 01:33:37 am »
http://www.independentsentinel.com/2013/03/ft-hood-terrorist-wins-out-over-victims/url]

Ft. Hood Terrorist Prevails Over Victims
March 30, 2013
By Sara Noble

The defense department strongly opposes any legislation that would declare Ft. Hood a terror attack. The victims are not eligible for the purple heart because the Ft. Hood massacre was mis-labeled “workplace violence.”

Defense is concerned that the terrorist, Major Nadal Hassan, will not get a fair trial if his crime is upgraded from workplace violence to terrorism. DOD will make legislation impossible.

A heroine of the the Ft. Hood massacre, Sgt. Kimberly Munley, said that the Ft. Hood victims have been “betrayed” by the administration. None of the promises to take care of them have been fulfilled. In fact, quite the opposite has occurred.

Sgt. Munley appeared with Mrs. Obama during the 2010 SOTU. President Obama has not responded to Sgt. Munley’s comments.

The Ft. Hood attack was obviously a terrorist attack from day one, but it was labeled workplace violence after it was laundered by the PC crowd who follow a policy of appeasement. As a result, the victims are not eligible for full benefits or any medals they earned.

The Fort Hood Families Benefits Protection Act, which would award both military and civilian casualties of the Fort Hood attack combatant status,” was re-introduced by Rep. John Carter, R.-Texas. He said, “It became clear early on that the Obama administration was reluctant to officially refer to the November 5, 2009 attack on Fort Hood as a ‘terrorist attack.’”

Last October, Pentagon press secretary George Little had no problem lying about the situation and Leon Panetta disingenuously said that the broader term is workplace violence not Islamic terrorism:

via WBTV

…Pentagon press secretary George Little lied when he said that the Department of Defense “will not, at this time, further characterize” the shooting because it is committed to the integrity of the ongoing court-martial proceedings against Hasan. There are concerns that formally changing the designation could affect the legal proceedings. [The victims could be recognized and Hassan could be tried by a military tribunal]

Little said survivors of the shooting are “eligible for the same medical benefits as any service member.” [This is completely untrue]

Staff Sgt. Shawn Manning, who was shot six times that day, said his injuries prevented him from continuing to serve. But he won’t receive the same benefits as those severely wounded on the battlefield because an Army medical evaluation board didn’t deem his injuries to be combat-related, he said.

An October 2011 letter on behalf of Defense Secretary Leon Panetta was sent to U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman, chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee, saying “the department is dealing with the threat of violent Islamist extremism in the context of a broader threat of workplace violence.” [This is absurd. The broader threat is Islamic extremism]

But the National Counterterrorism Center’s 2009 Report on Terrorism called the Fort Hood shooting a “high fatality terrorist attack.” The shooting also was mentioned in the State Department’s “Country Reports on Terrorism 2009.”…

We can thank Bill Clinton for the ridiculous requirement that forces military to go unarmed on a military base in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:40:46 am by famousdayandyear »

Offline evadR

Re: Ft. Hood Terrorist Prevails Over Victims
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 02:22:57 am »
P U R E  I N S A N I T Y !
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 04:26:47 am »
P U R E  I N S A N I T Y !

You can say that again.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 06:15:04 am »
I'm curious about the actual experiences of people who have served in the military at posts in the US.

My own experience during Nixon, while serving on three installations in the US and one in Germany, was we only were issued ammunition for range practice. In Germany we were issued ammunition while guarding secret-top secret crypto gear.

Soldiers' weapons were locked in the armory. The exception was military police, who probably had ammunition.

I think the issue is/was allowing Hassan to continue serving, when his sympathies with terrorists were known. I believe the timeline of his service while his sympathies were known, spans both the GW Bush and Obama administrations, however it was the military leadership which failed to deal with his threat.

His case should be classified as terrorism, and he should be executed. And there should probably be more people on bases, with weapons and ammo beyond just military law enforcement.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 12:58:43 pm »
Obviously, Hassan was a victim of anti-Muslim discrimination and therefore his actions, while regrettable, were understandable.  The entire military needs to go through Muslim sensitivity training in order to assure that this sort of tragedy never happens again.  After all, since our CIC is a de facto agent of the Saudis the military is taking its orders from Muslims directly, which explains why we are spending billions to fund Al Qaeda in Syria and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

An apology from the victims' families to Hassan would go a long way toward healing the wounds and transforming our military to one that promotes peace and tolerance instead of violence and conflict.

Kool-Aid, Kool-Aid.  Tastes Great.  Wish I had some.  Can't Wait.