Author Topic: How Did This Happen? The Left Corrupted the Language, Undermined Morality -- and There was No Pushback  (Read 3889 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/03/29/how_did_this_happen_the_left_corrupted_the_language_undermined_morality_and_there_was_no_pushback

How Did This Happen? The Left Corrupted the Language, Undermined Morality -- and There was No Pushback
March 29, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, back to this gay marriage and language business.  I don't mind having to re-explain this.  I have learned over 25 years that it takes oftentimes ten different ways to explain something in order for some people to understand it. Now, yesterday I said that gay marriage is inevitable. There are two elements to this.  One of them: The Republican Party signaled there isn't gonna be pushback against it. But secondly, we lost the language, and that's just as important.

The institution of marriage has been targeted for destruction, essentially, and the road to destroying it is being paved, and the way that this has been started is to change the definition.  I'll tell you what's coming next.  After this "civil right," they'll move on to "liberating" illegal aliens, and then taking away our civil right to bear arms.  They will also continue to push a carbon tax on the basis of climate change and whatever else.  They'll continue to corrupt the public school system, however they manage to do that.

I've looked at it, and in all instances, one of the things that is fundamental in the attack on all of these institutions and traditions which have defined America's greatness, is an attack on the language. Here's another one that's under assault, and that is borders.  "Immigration" is being used to destroy the meaning of "borders."  Now we got open borders?  Without borders, there would never have been the United States of America in order to create the economy that is drawing people here in the first place.

"Food stamps" and "disability" are another couple of words that have lost their purpose and meaning.  "Food stamps" and "disability" now simply mean unearned money.  Food stamps and disability have a totally different meaning than their original intent.  Deficit.  Deficit is now something that simply triggering the printing of money.  That's all a deficit means: An excuse to print money.  Unions.  Unions are used to destroy companies, entire industries on behalf of the Democrat Party.

Unions are formed to acquire unfunded "benefits," and the pretense of educating children is the vehicle for that scam.  Environmentalism is an excuse to acquire government grants to increase taxes and regulations, to grow government, and to limit freedom.  Environmentalism is another word for attacking the very fuel of the engine of freedom, and that would be fossil fuels -- and let there be no mistake.  Fossil fuels are under assault.  Fossil fuels have become a great enemy.

Oil and natural gas have become enemies, evil things that the left must wipe out! They hide behind environmentalism, trying to clean up the environment, and all oil has done is further the spread of freedom all over the country and the insurance of our own freedom, and it has been fundamentally responsible for the vast increase in prosperity in this country and all over the world.  Crisis, as you know, is an excuse for government action.  Crisis here! Crisis there!

Everything's a crisis.  This is now a word used to justify the expansion of and the intrusion by government in every walk of life.  Every faction of the Democrat Party is now a battering ram.  Destroy the institution of marriage, destroy borders, destroy education, destroy private sector health care, destroy private property, destroy the Constitution, destroy free markets! The Democrat Party is nothing more than a battering ram, and they're using the language to disguise what they're doing.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Now, I'm gonna make an assumption, and I'm sure that it is applicable to some of you in the audience.  Some of you are probably sitting out there scratching your heads, asking yourself, "How did this happen?"  I mean, you've heard about gay marriage all your life.  Well, not all your life, but for a long time. You've heard about homosexuality, and you're aware of militant homosexuality, and you remember back in the early AIDS days they would file into St. Patrick's and throw condoms at Cardinal O'Connor.

You remember all that, and one day you wake up and it finally hits you that gay marriage is all of a sudden, out of nowhere, in the Top Five Most Important Issues to everybody under 30, or 35, and you're wondering, "How does this happen?  What is going on?"  Some of you might instinctively say, "It's gonna be the education system. It's gotta be the media. It's gotta be the Hollywood, television shows, you name it."  I have here a story in the Washington Times.

When I saw this, I thought, "I better not mention this story.  This is gonna do nothing but get me into trouble," because it really is incredible. But I figured in light of how I have now been made the pope on gay marriage in media and on Twitter and on Facebook -- even CSPAN!  The next sound bite reports that I am an official. I'm not just a political analyst, but I've also crossed over now.  I am an official celebrity because I influence the celebrity crowd now.  All because of yesterday's program.

Now, this Washington Times story. If anybody went on the radio, if anybody went on the TV and said this as though it was their own thoughts, they would be vilified and run out of the country.  But it was published in the Washington Times.  I'm gonna read portions of it to you.  It's by a writer named Paul Rondeau, R-o-n-d-e-a-u.  Headline:  "Hooking Kids on Sex: Start 'Saturation Process' in Kindergarten."

Here are a couple of pull quotes: "So if you ever wonder why more and more young people accept homosexual behavior and same-sex marriage as ho-hum, look no further. .. Young children are encouraged to masturbate and explore their bodies with mirrors to introduce them to sexuality. [educational video moderator Michael Hichborn] says of the graphic pictures used to 'educate' pre-pubescent children, 'If a dirty old man showed these things to a ten year old in a park, he would be arrested.

"But when Planned Parenthood shows them to kids in a classroom, it gets government money,'" and that's the point of the story, that Planned Parenthood has a program that's promoting "anything-goes sex" to five-year-olds.  "While the White House says sequestration has eliminated funds for children touring the White House, President Obama has no problem spending $350 million federal tax dollars for sexual indoctrination programs starting in kindergarten for those same children.

"This is not your grandmother's sex education about how things work and what can go 'wrong.' In fact, the exact opposite is the essence of the Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP):  Obamacare funnels $75 million annually into PREP, which must be used exclusively for Planned Parenthood-style 'comprehensive' sex-ed programs where no type of sex is wrong and the only sexual behavior [Planned Parenthood] considers 'unsafe' is becoming pregnant.

"More than one-fourth of the funds -- $20 million -- has been awarded to a coalition of six Planned Parenthood affiliates, operating under the name Northwest Coalition for Adolescent Health, to implement HHS's TOP program across Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Washington, and Alaska at over 50 sites. In Oregon schools, Planned Parenthood is paying children cash incentives to participate.  PP is funded with our tax dollars to market sex to our children in our schools under the guise of sex education, anti-bullying, diversity, and tolerance.

"Once sexualized, those children then become PP sex customers for contraceptives, STD testing, and abortion.  'A glance at the teacher outline for Lesson 1A ... shows exactly how abstinence plays out in the sex-encouraging scheme at Planned Parenthood. 'Abstinence,' it says, 'means choosing not to do any sexual activity that carries a risk for pregnancy or STD/HIV,' says Rita Diller, national director for STOPP.org.  'In other words, abstinence has nothing do with abstaining from sex acts.

"So long as the student avoids STDs and pregnancy, and is comfortable with what he or she is doing, it's an anything goes.'"   It is at this point in the story that even those who thought they knew Planned Parenthood will be shocked.  "American Life League, released a video titled 'Hooking Kids on Sex,' graphically detailing just what Planned Parenthood sex education is. It went viral and was viewed almost one-quarter million times in the first week before a [Planned Parenthood] activist got YouTube to suspend it.

"ALL came back with Hooking Kids on Sex (II). Even those who thought they knew Planned Parenthood were shocked. The video's moderator, Michael Hichborn, argues that [Planned Parenthood] follows the same business model as a drug dealer," in the PREP program, Personal Responsibility Education Program, Planned Parenthood. This is the video that was made to expose the program.  This is not a Planned Parenthood video. This is a video that people alarmed about this made, and Planned Parenthood got the video pulled off of YouTube.

It's a video that critics made to illustrate what Planned Parenthood is doing as part of Obamacare, and the moderator of the video is a guy named Michael Hitchborn.  He "argues that [Planned Parenthood] follows the same business model as a drug dealer:  The Young children are encouraged to masturbate and explore their bodies with mirrors to introduce them to sexuality. Hichborn says of the graphic pictures used to 'educate' pre-pubescent children, 'If a dirty old man showed these things to a ten year old in a park, he would be arrested.

"But when Planned Parenthood shows them to kids in a classroom, it gets government money.'"  I saw that story and said, "I can't tell people this. It's just over the top! I don't even know if this is true." I looked into it and that video was on YouTube, and it did get pulled down.  Again, it's not a Planned Parenthood video.  It was a video made by people who found out what's going on in the program to alert people, and Planned Parenthood succeeded in getting YouTube to pull the video down.

So the Washington Times has the story. If you're wondering why so many young people seem to have no problem with gay marriage and this or that, it's 'cause unbeknownst to you (chuckling) kids have been exposed to this for years.  So that's part of the reason.  But it's not the entire reason.  There's also peer pressure, a number of other reasons for it.  It's just the natural evolution of things. When you are able to blur... It's not even blur.

When you are successful in making fun of and laughing at something as old-fashioned and quaint as morality, why, then, you are that much ahead.  Then when you play games with the language, and are able at young ages to convince people that words don't mean what they mean, and that people that want to hold fast to definitions are bigots, then you can make serious inroads.  There's another story in the UK Daily Mail.  If this story showed up in the US media somewhere, whoever did it would be drummed out of the media.

Some reporter here for the UK Daily Mail went and found a guy who'd been adopted by two gay parents and was abused for ten years, but the social workers ignored the complaints because the parents were gay.  Now, that's just one example, and you can't extrapolate from one example and say this fits the bill for everybody, but if you look hard enough this is the kind of stuff that is out there in the media. That's the UK Daily Mail.

There's no pushback on any of it, and in fact the Politico had that story yesterday quoting two Republican guys saying, "Yeah, the best thing for the party would be for the court to just make it legal all over the country and take the issue away and that way we can't be called bigots."  It boils down to natural evolution of one half of the culture in this country combined with the fact there's no pushback on where it's headed.  So it's inevitable.  Combined with the fact that they're not gonna let it go.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Okay, to the phones, and it's Claire in Wilmington, Delaware.  I'm glad you called.  Great to have you here.  Hi.

CALLER:  Hi.  Uh, I want to make a debate with you.  I don't think we have lost the language.  What I think we have lost in this culture is both our religion and an honest media, and I'll tell you why.  If you appeal to the gay marriage thing on a man's level as a human, you can make the arguments that make sense.  But if you take it to a biblical perspective that Christians, Jewish people, the Islam faith, we all unite. We've lost our God.

We all unite that marriage is between a man and a woman.  But no one seems to want to tie that.  Everyone's afraid to mention God, and I think the media is the other culprit.  Never do you see the media play the people that are against gay marriage, the people that are against abortion.  It's always that they play the people that are for it, and that's the only position you hear. Now, California is the most liberal state, in my opinion, that's out there.  Maybe Massachusetts, too.

But even as liberal as they are, they united and said, "We don't want this," but they're being overturned. So that, I think, is trying to discourage people with, "Oh, I guess everyone really wants it."  Oh, I don't want it.  There's a lot of people that don't want this, and it's not because I have anything against gay people.  I know gay people and I think some of them are wonderful.  But I do believe -- and I don't care how fuddy-duddy I sound -- that from a biblical perspective, marriage is between a man and a woman.

RUSH:  Right.

CALLER:  They are the two that can create a family.

RUSH:  And the way you have just set it up now, in the common... 'Cause the language does matter, and I'll argue this with you 'til the end of the program. You are now a bigot by citing religion.

CALLER:  You know what, Rush?

RUSH:  You are bigoted because you are wanting to deny happiness and freedom to human beings who only want what you have in a country that promises them the pursuit of happiness.

CALLER:  Rush, you know what?  This is how I feel.  I had to speak at a meeting the other night where I know when I walked out, I was probably getting snickered at behind my back.  People have gotta get a backbone in this country.  We have allowed God to be removed. We've allowed the education to be dumbed down. We have told our children "acceptance" rather than other people to come into our country for assimilation. Is it any wonder we're losing our culture?

RUSH:  You know what the Jesuits said? I'm paraphrasing, but the Jesuits used to say, "Give us a child to the age of 12, and they are ours for life."  Well, the left knows that, too.

CALLER:  Well, that's true.  But you know, there used to be a day in this country where there were stay-at-home mothers, and I don't care... This is another point: No one's raising a lot of the children today.  There used to be a time when some things they're teaching our children, you'da had a group of stay-at-home mothers that knew what was going on with the children in their schools in one meeting at the school.

RUSH:  You're just confirming what I'm saying.  Wherever it's coming from, there isn't any pushback.

CALLER:  Well, that's it.  I don't think the Republican Party and people in general want to push back. No one wants to be shot down or made to look one way, but if you really believe this things -- and I found the strength in it myself the other night. If you truly believe it, you can say it, and you don't care if you're laughed at.  You have to go in and just say it.  And, trust me, there are plenty of people that believe this, and I believe it's still probably 50-50 in the country, or close to those margins, that you might be able to convince an extra two to three percent you need.  But if you have to speak up.

RUSH:  Well, wait a minute, now.  Let's talk about that for a second.  What good does this really do? Let's say that the country is divided 53-47, but that division is stark and that there is no commonality between the two divisions?  Where are we as a country, anyway, in terms of what you're talking about? You're saying we've lost the moral code, we've lost the moral backbone, we've lost the moral foundation. So where are we as a country? Even if the morality side could muster a 3% majority victory, where are we as a country anyway, with that great a division?

CALLER:  Well, that I don't know.  I don't know how to answer that question.  I guess, if I can make my point in a roundabout way, I'll try to come around to that.

RUSH:  Feel free.  No, I'm not trying to argue with you.  You're hitting red buttons for me that are expanding my fertile brain.

CALLER:  I am a conservative.  I'm no longer Republican.  There was a time when I believed -- I was foolish -- that Republicans were always right.  I was a fool, and I don't side with a majority of them.  I do side with a few of them today.  I like Ted Cruz. I like some of the people that are fighting for the freedoms.  Rand Paul, sometimes I disagree with on things. But you have to be able to speak, because there comes a time... Yes, you look like a fool. But there comes a time when the opposition that you're speaking against that has the majority -- especially when what they're trying to promote is so false -- will break down.  When it breaks down, people will go back and say, "Hey, I remember this one saying that."

RUSH:  When?  When? (crosstalk) Wait a minute. Well, I've gotta take a break. I don't have time to ask it.  I've been waiting for it to break down for 35 years, and it's going the other direction.  Nothing's breaking down.  That's the whole point.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Hey, Claire in Wilmington, I didn't have a chance to tell you, but don't change and keep it up.  It's gonna be people like you who will engage in the push-back.  You describe that you have no fear of being laughed at.  Unfortunately, many people who push back get much more than laughed at.  They're targeted for destruction.  Their businesses get boycotts. I mean, you name it.  So it ends up being much more than that, and it becomes increasingly more difficult to do the more prominent you become. But don't change. Hang in.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline olde north church

The Left?  Is it me or has Mr. Limbaugh been married 4 times and had a flaming homosexual perform at his most recent wedding reception?  You may want to remove the beam from your eye, Rush.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline GourmetDan

How Did This Happen? The Left Corrupted the Language, Undermined Morality -- and There was No Pushback

It's just good, old-fashioned liars lying.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

The Left?  Is it me or has Mr. Limbaugh been married 4 times and had a flaming homosexual perform at his most recent wedding reception?  You may want to remove the beam from your eye, Rush.

You've always got to remember that Rush is an entertainer.  It's his niche to get rich.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Millee

Wasn't there some nonsense last week about pedophilia being classified a sexual orientation??  No wonder they want to start sexualizing children at 5-years-old so everything is consensual. 

Offline GourmetDan

Wasn't there some nonsense last week about pedophilia being classified a sexual orientation??  No wonder they want to start sexualizing children at 5-years-old so everything is consensual.

Yes.  People are depraved.  Totally and completely...

Online andy58-in-nh

Yes.  People are depraved.  Totally and completely...

The Left wants to pervert the normal and normalize perversion. It's simply part of the plan to destroy everything that lies between you and the State.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:12:46 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That's been in the works for a few months now, but I don't think the left wants to go there, at least yet. (Case in point: the whole Ben Carson backlash.) It could undermine the "everybody should be able to marry who they love" argument underpinning same-sex marriage. Society still does not accept pedophilia and views it as a threat akin more to rape than to love, a connection that has since been lost with homosexuality.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rapunzel

There is a lot of conservatives who have been married multi times.... as to Elton John... I love Elton John. I don't dislike gay's, I just don't think they should be allowed to call each other husband and wife.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Unfortunately, the Republican Party and nearly all the 'professional' groups associated with it have fallen directly into Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy. They are controlled and run by people whose priority is the continuance of their organization, not the furtherance of conservatism and conservative causes.

http://minx.cc/?post=337769

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online andy58-in-nh

Unfortunately, the Republican Party and nearly all the 'professional' groups associated with it have fallen directly into Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy. They are controlled and run by people whose priority is the continuance of their organization, not the furtherance of conservatism and conservative causes.

http://minx.cc/?post=337769

I think that's very true. As Ronaldus Magnus once averred, there is nothing quite so permanent as a "temporary" government program. It's the closest thing on Earth to eternal life.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Rapunzel

Yes.  Rush espouses conservatism.  I do not hear him espousing our morals.  He is a radio personality not a preacher.  Like most of us, Rush is a fiscal conservative.  Yes he mocks Clinton.. the cigar... etc... but we have all done that.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

When everything is falling to sh*t right before our eyes, IMO, you demonstrate what some of us mean when we question the political acumen of the Social Conservative.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

When everything is falling to sh*t right before our eyes, IMO, you demonstrate what some of us mean when we question the political acumen of the Social Conservative.

Rush is not a social conservative. 

Offline DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Eggsactly!   :patriot:

However, I don't believe he supports abortion.

Offline DCPatriot

However, I don't believe he supports abortion.

He recognizes it as a huge factor in the overall decline of American society.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Rush is not a social conservative.

Would you be kind enough to explain to me what it takes for one to be called a social conservative?

It appears that I 'm misinformed on the subject.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:00:03 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

Would you be kind enough to explain to me what it takes for one to be called a social conservative?

It appears that I 'm misinformed on the subject.

You're not at all. 

Rush may be Pro-Life, but he's no Rick Santorum on the issue.  As for immigration, Rush is practical and just doesn't want the 'new' Americans being able to vote for 25 years.

So you're right.....he's a social conservative.

:shrug:

Offline Rapunzel

He recognizes it as a huge factor in the overall decline of American society.

and it is.