Author Topic: What Do Republican Consultants Secretly Desire on Gay Marriage?  (Read 896 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

What Do Republican Consultants Secretly Desire on Gay Marriage?
March 28, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: There's a story in The Politico today that says Republican consultants (who are reputedly the source or the sources for this story) secretly want gay marriage to become the law of the land everywhere to get rid of the issue.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  That's right, The Politico -- I've got it right here, folks -- is saying they found a couple of Republican consultants who said to them (summarized), "You know, the best thing could happen for us is if the Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage in every state and takes the issue off the table. We can't be bigots in the 2014 election."  Why don't we just give away every issue so it's no longer a problem?  Yeah, and let's just cancel elections and say, "Democrats, you are now in power in perpetuity."

That way nobody will criticize us.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  So last night I'm engaged, as I always am, in show prep. You know, life for me is show prep.  Everything that I do is potential show prep.  Everything I do holds potential as content on this program.  Last night I was engaged specifically in show prep. So I'm sitting on the couch and I'm using the iPad last night.  I ran across a story in the Politico, and the headline got me.  It sucked me in there.  The headline is: "The SCOTUS Ruling the GOP Really Wants."

Okay, now, what did that tell me?

That told me that the Republicans actually want something here that nobody would believe that they want, and it turned out that my interpretation was right.  Essentially this story is sourced by two Republican consultants.  The names are not that familiar to me, and what these consultants had told The Politico is that this issue is so potentially damaging to the Republicans because they're so out of it culturally, they should just get this issue -- gay marriage -- off the table.

The fastest way to do that is for the Supreme Court to make gay marriage legal in all 50 states and therefore the issue is gone. It's not something the Democrats can criticize the Republicans for going into the 2014 elections, and let's just get it out of the way.  It doesn't matter anyway.  The economy is what matters.  I read this and I got into more detail, and my initial reaction to this was, "Well, okay, let's just get rid of another issue. Let's just give up another core belief, because we don't want to be criticized for holding it.

more at:  http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/03/28/what_do_republican_consultants_secretly_desire_on_gay_marriage

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: What Do Republican Consultants Secretly Desire on Gay Marriage?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:52:35 pm »
Hey..... who needs Democrats to destroy our country, the GOP is doing a good job all by themselves.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776