Author Topic: Obama Bricks Lose ESPN, Low-Information Crowd  (Read 803 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Obama Bricks Lose ESPN, Low-Information Crowd
« on: April 04, 2013, 11:37:27 pm »

Obama Bricks Lose ESPN, Low-Information Crowd
April 04, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Do you remember, ladies and gentlemen, I guess it was last week.  It was one of those days, and I think every day is one of those days, where people were discussing, ruminating, "What's it gonna take to wake people up?  What's it gonna take to cause people to see this administration, this president, for what they really are?  What's it gonna take?"  And it's obvious that five years of alternative news and words and all that hasn't done it.  And when I began speculating on this, people said, "Oh, you're talking about a hurricane or natural disaster where the government flubs up and --" No, no, no, no.  Not anything like that at all.

I'm talking about some cultural, political event that's gonna cause people -- and I cited as an example, let's say Obama's chatting with some people, there's an open mic, and he happens to start dissing Justin Timberlake's latest CD.  It's gonna be something like that.  Well, ladies and gentlemen, this may not be it, but it's this kind of thing that I'm talking about.  Because Obama, at least yesterday, lost ESPN.  I can't tell you how upset his supporters are that he bricked 20 out of 22 free throws.  His supporters are still beside themselves.  He can destroy the economy. He can raise taxes. He can screw up health care all he wants, but if he can only make two out of 22 basketball shots, then they're starting to get worried.

Over on ESPN on Pardon the Interruption, Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser were discussing this.  Wilbon starts off by saying (paraphrasing), "Should Obama be embarrassed by this, 2-for-22 shooting performance yesterday?"

Kornheiser said, "That's brutal.  They weren't jump shots. He was missing layups.  He was unguarded.  You gotta walk away, man, you miss five, six, or eight, you gotta walk away. You gotta stop the bleeding.  You can't come back and say, 'Oh, give me another ball.'"

And Wilbon says, "Why not?  The shooters do."

more at: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/04/04/obama_bricks_lose_espn_low_information_crowd

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald