Author Topic: He's already a handful: Mother, 21, gives birth to eye-watering 15lb 7oz son  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Rest of headline: NATURALLY after mammoth 16 hour labour

Egad! My hat's off to you, mom. Not a guy alive who could endure that I think. I just hope the baby is ok given the oxygen deprivation.

A mother has spoken of her shock after giving birth to a baby who weighed a staggering 15lb 7oz.

George King was starved of oxygen for ten minutes and was given just a ten per cent chance of survival after his shoulders got stuck during delivery.

However, six weeks later George, the biggest baby ever born in Gloucestershire, has been allowed to go home with his parents Jade Packer, 21, and Ryan King, 21...

Now, at the age of six weeks, he is already 2ft 2in tall, almost 17 lbs and has to wear baby clothes suitable for a six month old.

Pics of baby, mom, and dad are at the link. Not pictured are the NFL recruiters who are already gathering at the door.  :tongue2:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2300032/Mothers-shock-baby-born-weighing-15lb-7oz.html#ixzz2OmY19Bsp
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OUCH.....and here I thought my 9lb9oz baby was big...but luckily I had a c-section..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SUGAR

The Big Guy is a cutie. 

20 Doctors ?  I'd sue every last one of them !!!!

God Bless Mommy  ...16 hours of labor and the shoulders got stuck ?

Like to see those Doctors deliver 16 pounds of Baby !!!!

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Unmarried parents of course.  The married kind are unheard of in Britain anymore unless they're Muslim.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Cincinnatus

Interestingly enough, Sugar, I saw where someone used this incident to criticize the NHS. He argued that if this mother had been given proper prenatal care the size of the baby would have been determined and she would not have to have gone through this.

But she didn't get that care, obviously, and this birth, which could have injured her severely or even killed her, was a medical failure on the part of the NHS.

Perhaps EC can weigh in on this opinion.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline SUGAR

Interestingly enough, Sugar, I saw where someone used this incident to criticize the NHS. He argued that if this mother had been given proper prenatal care the size of the baby would have been determined and she would not have to have gone through this.

But she didn't get that care, obviously, and this birth, which could have injured her severely or even killed her, was a medical failure on the part of the NHS.

Perhaps EC can weigh in on this opinion.

Prenatal care - YES absolutely, no argument from me there.
However, putting prenatal care aside - in 16 hours of labor - not one of these Doctors thought of an emergency C Section ? 
The baby stuck in the birth canal and no one thought of an emergency C Section ?
Is this an Obamacare omen ?