Author Topic: Meghan McCain gets a TV show  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Meghan McCain gets a TV show
« on: March 28, 2013, 05:46:20 pm »
Pity this is going to be on some obscure network. I have no doubt it will be both informative and great entertainment.

Arizona Sen. John McCain’s daughter Meghan is starring in a new TV show, which she describes as “Meet the Press” meets “Jackass.”

“I am SO EXCITED to announce my first series 'Raising McCain' will premiere this summer on Participant's new cable network PIVOT!!!” McCain announced via Twitter on Wednesday.“…The only way I can describe my series is it's meet the press meets jackass - on the road talk show, and it's the opportunity of a lifetime!”

Pivot, set to launch Aug. 1, will feature programming aimed at 15-34-year-olds.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2013/03/meghan-mccain-gets-a-tv-show-160416.html?hp=r11
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Meghan McCain gets a TV show
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 05:48:21 pm »

Arizona Sen. John McCain’s daughter Meghan is starring in a new TV show, which she describes as “Meet the Press” meets “Jackass.”

Why not call it: "Meet the Jackass"?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 05:52:33 pm »
Pity this is going to be on some obscure network. I have no doubt it will be both informative and great entertainment.

“I am SO EXCITED to announce my first series 'Raising McCain' will premiere this summer on Participant's new cable network PIVOT!!!” McCain announced via Twitter on Wednesday.“…The only way I can describe my series is it's meet the press meets jackass - on the road talk show, and it's the opportunity of a lifetime!”

Pivot, set to launch Aug. 1, will feature programming aimed at 15-34-year-olds.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2013/03/meghan-mccain-gets-a-tv-show-160416.html?hp=r11

Yikes!  We are truly lost in space

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 06:13:22 pm »
I don't think we need 15 year-old kids exposed to Megyn McCain.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 07:00:05 pm »
My, now here's a surprise.

I don't think we need 15 year-old kids exposed to Megyn McCain.

I felt sure Rapunzel would be one of the first to demand her cable provider add this new network to her lineup so she could watch this.

Another of my pet theories blown all to hell.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 11:11:43 pm »
A channel nobody has, with a "star" nobody cares about, targeting a demographic that doesn't watch TV anyway and has very little income and a very high debt load in most cases. That's a real recipe for success, there.

Might as well put this on there. You might draw the same results in the demo.

New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline evadR

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 11:45:20 pm »
She can debut with Anderson Cooper, Mr. 180, when he replaces Matt Lauer.
Should make a perfect pair.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 11:55:16 pm »
So what is she going to do?

Conduct an 'in-depth' interview with one of Jay Leno's street people?  That gets old very fast.

You know....the ones that can't immediately tell you the name of the Vice President or Speaker of the House.

Truth is, that there is a distinct audience for it.   And it happens to be the same viewer that religiously watches The Daily Show.

And unfortunately or fortunately....that's a huge demographic.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 01:28:47 pm »
As reported in the NY Post's Page Six column:

Meghan McCain, the outspoken daughter of Sen. John McCain, is getting her own TV show. The young Republican described the new series, “Raising McCain,” as “ ‘Meet the Press’ meets “Jackass’ ” at a Participant Media event for their new cable network Pivot Wednesday at the Museum of Arts and Design at Columbus Circle.

The network’s president Evan Shapiro joked, “Some people might say that ‘Meet the Press’ is already that.”

McCain then added, “I grew up around journalists, and I came to realize that the best, most valuable moments happened in the green room before the interview and during the shots of whiskey afterwards.”
This seems to be all the training any aspiring journalist, e.g., Chelsea Clinton and Meghan McCain, needs: just have a prominent parent who frequently is interviewed, and voila! You're a journalist, too!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org