Author Topic: The colour of darkness: Never before seen photographs show the liberation of Dachau, the first of the Nazis' concentration camps  (Read 1081 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The colour of darkness: Never before seen photographs show the liberation of Dachau, the first of the Nazis' concentration camps

By Sam Webb and Daniel Miller

PUBLISHED: 03:04 EST, 26 March 2013 | UPDATED: 09:40 EST, 26 March 2013

Confused, exhausted and vulnerable, they may have somehow survived and are about to be free, but these chilling colour photographs show that for victims of the Nazis' concentration camps there seemed little to celebrate as the Allies arrived.

The never before seen images show the liberation of Dachau, the first of the thousands of concentration camps that sprang up across Germany after the Nazis swept into power.

Established in March 1933, just two months after Hitler became Chancellor, Dachau was built to house political prisoners and by the end of the year around 4,800 mainly communists, social democrats and union officials, had been incarcerated there.

Over the years that followed, the number of inmates was swelled as other 'undesirables', such as homosexuals, Jehovah’s Witnesses, gypsies, criminals and of course Jews were sent there.

Persecuted: These colour photos show the liberation of Dachau. The first of the thousands of concentration camps that sprang up across Germany after the Nazis  rose to power

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2299219/The-colour-darkness-Vivid-pictures-Nazi-concentration-camps-chilling-insight-dawn-Holocaust.html#ixzz2Oev6B6a7

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Very disheartening comments at the site. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

Thanks for posting this. I've visited Dachau twice, and Flossenburg once. If I could, I'd visit a dozen more concentration camps. I don't want to forget, not for a moment.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org