Author Topic: Phillies pitcher Papelbon: Obama wants to take our guns  (Read 858 times)

Online mountaineer

Phillies pitcher Papelbon: Obama wants to take our guns
« on: April 18, 2013, 08:34:39 pm »
 While discussing ballpark safety in the aftermath of the bombings at the Boston Marathon with CSNPhilly.com on Tuesday, Philadelphia Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon made a reference to the ongoing gun control debate, claiming that President Barack Obama "wants to take our guns."

"Today's day and age, has gotten so crazy, everything. You know? [There is] all this stuff going on. And, shoot man, Obama wants to take our guns from us and everything," Papelbon said. "And you got this kind of stuff going on? It's just a little bit insane for me, man. I really don't even know how to take it."

Before this brief and curious detour on Tuesday, Papelbon, who played for the Red Sox from 2005-2011, spoke about his feelings of security at the stadium in light of the violent attack against such a prominent sporting event.

"You know, the Phillies did a thing the other day here for us and Opening Day where we walked through the crowd," he said. "And I know that when I was there in Boston, we came down through the bleachers for one opening game. And, yeah, you know I don't feel comfortable doing that. I really, truly don't."

A day earlier, Papelbon shared his initial reactions to the horror in Boston, revealing that he used lived near the site of the explosions in Copley Square.

"I used to live right above where one of the bombs went off," Papelbon said on Monday from Cincinnati, via CSNPhilly. "It's kind of surreal. I don't know man, it's crazy. It's hard to even think about.... It's sad, man."

Huffington Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PzLdr

Re: Phillies pitcher Papelbon: Obama wants to take our guns
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 10:26:44 pm »
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn; even an ex-Red Sox gets one right.  :smokin:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee